maxthehitman

- nothing to see here

I hope that nobody will invent to ask for money to carry out the project. Just keep making it available to anyone who wants to print

also: nice project  :party:

Edited by James Dean

Good evening everyone, I am back from work. 

Today I will be making all the pages with the lyrics, but only with the fonts (the lyrics part). We will work on each page individually later on.

But for starting this book, we need to know how many pages we have for the lyrics and how "FAT" the book will be.

I will be using a simple font-type, but later we can change it to whatever font-type you want.

I will upload for you all what I did in my book TONIGHT (around midnight European-London time), so you can also work on it at home.

You can make your book version any way you want it, it does not have to look like my book version.  Be creative and have a great time doing it ! - That is my motto.

Yes, you can print the book if you want. I am not going to do it for you. LOL

I dont want any money from this. I do it because I am a fan and also to give something back to the community which also shares their cool stuff with me.

That is how life should be - Sharing and caring for your friends, and having a good time in life.

What program do you use to make your collages?

If you need to know which is the correct size to make one with another program ,so it can fit into this book properly, I can tell you.

Collages are cool-art and they will fit very nicely into a lyrics book too. Give it a try.

Good idea. :)   I did not think of this before. I will add another folder for "Film Soundtracks and Special Recordings" at the end

of the book, just before the section for "Unreleased Songs"

Alright then,

I am now going to have a quick dinner and then work on adding all the lyrics on a white-background page.

I will upload the files for everyone to use also at around Midnight tonight.

See ya later 

lol

I was asking about the printing because some people don't make it easy to print. lol

I use https://picsart.com for editing and collages.  :wub:

That is possible.

I could make it into a PDF when I finish everything. No problem.

I was also thinking to make each page-layout (2 pages) in a PNG high-resolution image, and then you guys can also place it into

your Kindle, or whatever else you use. 

In these days, there are just soooo many ways to go about doing these things. Its not just "PDF" but "Kindle" and so many others.

Some of them work using simple images, while others need special files  :facepalm:  I get confused with so many options.

The download I posted is the original work-in-progress in PDF files. ----> It can only be seen and worked on using Photoshop.

I have this other program for making magazine and book layouts called Adobe InDesign, but most people do not use this

type of program and it uses a unique file-type which can only be used in InDesign. It is mostly used by book publishers.

I am using photoshop, because most people and Graphic-designers use Photoshop.

About the book progress....

At the moment I am just placing in each page the Lyrics with no images. For each 2 pages on the book, you will see on one side the Lyric-Poem

and on the other page (facing it) a place to put a picture, or an artwork, which best describes best the lyrics.  It can also be for just placing a Lana Del Rey

photo from a photoshoot. 

I am only half-way into this project and I can tell you honestly, that this is going to be a big FAT book ! --- Might be around 300+ pages !  :)  I love BIG BOOKs with

colorful pictures and cool lyric-poetry on them.

I plan for my book to use a mix of ART, Americana-style photos from the 1950s-1960s-70s-80s (The "Retro look"),

and also Lana Del Rey Photoshoot pictures. 

For the lettering (font-types), I had a cool dream last night about it, for each album there will be a font-type. Beggining with a Handwritten font for the first album,

the second album will have Typerwriter style font, and as we progress through her album collection and lyrics for the songs, the fonts will be more modern looking

and almost like the ones used on her record cover sleeves/booklets.  

--- It will be like an evolution of the Lana Del Rey as a singer/songwriter where in her first albums, she wrote things by hand, then as time passes by ,

she gets to use a typewriter and then as the "Born to Die" album comes around, a more modern style font will be used.

What do you think about this?

---------------------------edit------------------------------------------

before I forget,

I will post here 2 videos on how YOU can make any of your Photoshop works into a PDF style-book. Its easy.

How to make a PDF in Photoshop (very useful)

-
-

I'm going to look at these videos. Thank you. I'll work on some collages and see what works.  :wub:

Looks wonderful! 

Just an idea for the cover.  This image is very big, it is the original template size. 

--- Showing Back side and the Front side.   The middle spine part will later be in all black with white letters   or perhaps use a Gold-leaf coloring on them?

Any suggestions ?

fYKY5mz.jpg

7XVVyXz.jpg

This cover is so beautiful.  :wub:

I love the lettering in white.