Sign in to follow this  
bbypeach

how do i post a photo properly

I use postimages.org , just upload the photo you’d like to post and copy the “direct link” and paste it into the chat box. Status updates are more like Twitter, as they’re shorter and always displayed on the main page (unless you’re on mobile I think). The forum categories are more like discussion rooms and the conversations should focus on the topic of that particular thread. 

Hope this helps! 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

Postimages is less consisted than imgur, imgur stores them longer (other hosts get rid of pics after some time which results in broken links more frequently)

The reason we have to use outside hosts for pics rather than directly here is that servers are expensive & Elle pays for the bare minimum to make the site functional so the storage is limited

I'd also recommend placing pics with the commands: [i mg]link[ /img] (without spaces), easier than trying to hit the picture icon on mobile

Have fun!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

i joined a few months ago and it’s honestly confusing to navigate. i’m still learning, finally starting to get a hang of it. i found a thread that was really helpful i’ll link here. i use imgur to upload images. you basically upload the image there and then copy the image address which you can then link on lanaboards. hope this helps xx 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

6 hours ago, kitschesque said:

Postimages is less consisted than imgur, imgur stores them longer (other hosts get rid of pics after some time which results in broken links more frequently)

The reason we have to use outside hosts for pics rather than directly here is that servers are expensive & Elle pays for the bare minimum to make the site functional so the storage is limited

I'd also recommend placing pics with the commands: [i mg]link[ /img] (without spaces), easier than trying to hit the picture icon on mobile

Have fun!

does elle pay for this website by herself ?? she’s truly such a queen.

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°