the ocean

Hikaru Utada

16 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

^ My brother tuned in for that for a little bit before he had to sleep, but this is what he shared with me (I was sitting in a boring zoom class):

• To improve how you express yourself/your thoughts and your song lyrics: read books, listen to music, and focus on the conversation when you're talking with someone.
  • There was a guest from a Netflix show apparently? Got to answer some questions.
  • "To live is to work" that sounds so Japanese to me lol
  • Exercise got more important to them once they turned 30. Enjoys yoga and pilates.

The guest were two of the main actors from the TV Show "First Love" from Netflix, the show is based on Hikaru's songs First Love and Hatsukoi. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

The guest were two of the main actors from the TV Show "First Love" from Netflix, the show is based on Hikaru's songs First Love and Hatsukoi. 

Aha! I didn't watch the live stream and I guess my brother didn't know what the show was. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Aha! I didn't watch the live stream and I guess my brother didn't know what the show was. :)

I didn't see most of it, just the last bits and performances. 

Hopefully some people who are fluent in Japanese could share what else she answered. 

I want her to share more secret stuff about unreleased songs, demos, future ideas... 

I'm still in pain that she's sitting on a single mix (or remix) of Hotel Lobby that was meant for radio. She wanted that song as a single. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I didn't see most of it, just the last bits and performances. 

Hopefully some people who are fluent in Japanese could share what else she answered. 

I want her to share more secret stuff about unreleased songs, demos, future ideas... 

I'm still in pain that she's sitting on a single mix (or remix) of Hotel Lobby that was meant for radio. She wanted that song as a single. 

Yeah, I don't even have Netflix so I completely forgot that they had a show there lol. I only have it when I'm at my childhood home, using mom's account hehe

I'm sure there must be fansites or fan accounts that have traslated parts of it? :) My brother is fluent but, like I said, he couldn't watch it all.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png