the ocean

Hikaru Utada

4 hours ago, the ocean said:

my cd is about to come (if it's not already in my mailbox) :excited:

also i'm so excited to see live recordings of hotel lobby and about me :defeated:

so happy <3

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Live-Sessions-from-Air-Studios.jpg

Here's the entire "Live Sessions from Air Studios" audio rip from the Blu-ray.

Audio ripped by me.

The whole thing is 320 kbps MP3 ripped directly from the lossless source.

Every track is tagged properly, including a quick cute album art I made.

It includes the live bonus track exclusive from this Blu-ray.

Enjoy! https://www106.zippyshare.com/v/3Eb7fXt2/file.html

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Live-Sessions-from-Air-Studios.jpg

Here's the entire "Live Sessions from Air Studios" audio rip from the Blu-ray.

Audio ripped by me.

The whole thing is 320 kbps MP3 ripped directly from the lossless source.

Every track is tagged properly, including a quick cute album art I made.

It includes the live bonus track exclusive from this Blu-ray.

Enjoy! https://www106.zippyshare.com/v/3Eb7fXt2/file.html

beat me to it :agree2:

thank you though :kiss:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 hours ago, the ocean said:

beat me to it :agree2:

thank you though :kiss:

It's hard not to try and rip the audio, because she did fucking slay it.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7LU4pYuw4bvVcFug5P0l2G?si=b509c66eb43d4515

Everything about this song is a serve, the chorus is so anthemic <3

ULTRA BLUE is the electropop child between EXODUS and Bad MODE

36 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

https://open.spotify.com/track/7LU4pYuw4bvVcFug5P0l2G?si=b509c66eb43d4515

Everything about this song is a serve, the chorus is so anthemic <3

ULTRA BLUE is the electropop child between EXODUS and Bad MODE

ultra blue is my favorite album by them ascend.gif

i actually bought the vinyl and it's coming whenever it's coming

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

ultra blue is my favorite album by them ascend.gif

i actually bought the vinyl and it's coming whenever it's coming

I hope it arrives A.S.A.P. (no pun intended lol)

My holy trinity is  EXODUS, ULTRA BLUE and Bad MODE.

1 hour ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Somewhere Near Marseilles really is a stunning piece of art, isn't it? It's so hypnotic and captivating, I'm obsessed. 

I'm still shocked with how perfect the album is. 

In my opinion, the weakest track is Find Love.

my relationship atm somewhere near marseilles is kinda weird

like i love having it on in the background but when i'm actually listening to the album it's almost too long and normally i love 10-min long songs but it's kinda the same thing going on for 10 minutes so it tends to lose my attention - it's more of a nitpick rather than a full complaint though and i still love the song

tbh i like that we got the 10 minute version because now i have my 6-min long edit for when i'm playing the album and then the long version for when i'm doing work / playing music in the background

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

my relationship atm somewhere near marseilles is kinda weird

like i love having it on in the background but when i'm actually listening to the album it's almost too long and normally i love 10-min long songs but it's kinda the same thing going on for 10 minutes so it tends to lose my attention - it's more of a nitpick rather than a full complaint though and i still love the song

tbh i like that we got the 10 minute version because now i have my 6-min long edit for when i'm playing the album and then the long version for when i'm doing work / playing music in the background

I know exactly where you are coming from, I adore so much that song but it drags too long. Sometimes when I'm listening to it I want it so badly to finish at the 8-minute-mark and move on to the next song.

She could've easily cut-off 4 or 5 minutes and it might be a better song.

ok so i relistened to exodus as a whole for the first time in awhile

it's a lot better than i remember it being flavor.gif

i recommend anyone who hasn't heard it to go in pretending that it's a mixtape because it makes a lot more sense & is much more enjoyable with that mindset

as an album it's a bit bizarre and all over the place but as a mixtape it just sounds like she's trying different sounds

i'm probably overanalyzing it though :typewriter:

also ultra blue has been my favorite hikki album but fantôme lately has been giving it a run for it's money

She's playing a very small set today at Coachella, it's being live streamed later today. 

Just now, EXODUS said:

She's playing a very small set today at Coachella, it's being live streamed later today. 

Ahh great, I was worrying it was last night and I had missed it! (but I probably will either way because it'll be so late at night over here when it's live)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

How do you feel about her Coachella set? 

I thought it was a bad selection of songs. 

I'm glad there's a Hikki thread here. I just adore Hikaru and their work. She means alot to me. I first discovered Hikaru, probably like most people, with kingdom hearts and was in love with their voice. So I looked up more of their work and found first love and then that lead me down a rabbit hole of Hikaru's music and Jpop as a whole.

I have most their albums and singles on CD. Even the rare Cubic U era. I got all of the vinyl reissues ordered, just waiting on them still. The first 3 albums where push back to backordered for me and the rest are still pending to be shipped. I cant wait to have her work on Vinyl. The only things own of their work on vinyl is One Last Kiss (Clear pressing and the blue pressing), Face My Fears, Exodus 04 promo and Devil Inside promo. 

18 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

How do you feel about her Coachella set? 

I thought it was a bad selection of songs. 

I say it was an okay set, would still be neat to see live. All crowd pleasers but I would of love to hear more of her eras then just First Love and KH.