the ocean

Hikaru Utada

22 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

THEY ANNOUNCED IT? WHERE

edit: are we seriously getting 1 new track :sideeye:

In her website, along with the album cover and the livestream on the very same date in January. 

The tracklist has not been revealed as for today, so it's unknown how many new tracks will have, but it will have remixes as bonis tracks (this is confirmed on her website) 

Confirmed tracks:

Face My Fears 

Time 

Dare ni mo Iwanai

One Last Kiss

PINK BLOOD 

Kimi ni Muchuu

Find Love 

Bad MODE 

(+ Remixes) 

So, so far only 8 tracks (not counting the remixes) 

So I'm expecting at least another 4-5 new songs. 

She also mentioned there are English versions of Time and Kimi ni Muchuu, it's unknown if they will be on the album or not. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 minute ago, EXODUS said:

In her website, along with the album cover and the livestream on the very same date in January.

The tracklist has not been revealed as for today, so it's unknown how many new tracks will have, but it will have remixes as bonis tracks (this is confirmed on her website)

Confirmed tracks:

Face My Fears 

Time 

Dare ni mo Iwanai

One Last Kiss

PINK BLOOD 

Kimi ni Muchuu

Find Love 

Bad MODE 

(+ Remixes)

So, so far only 8 tracks (not counting the remixes)

So I'm expecting at least another 4-5 new songs.

She also mentioned there are English versions of Time and Kimi ni Muchuu, it's unknown if they will be on the album or not. 

regardless of whether we're only getting 8 or not i still ordered the limited edition :party:

Spoiler

cost 76 bucks :rollin:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

17 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

regardless of whether we're only getting 8 or not i still ordered the limited edition :party:

Hide contents

cost 76 bucks :rollin:

Yeah, ordering stuff from Japan is terribly expensive, but the quality of the materials are quite impressive 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Her best album to date! 

Somewhere Near Marseilles is very EXODUS. 

Find Love is nothing like the preview, it's so damn good. 

Again, Bad Mode is nothing like the short version. All the songs shapeshift as they go on, they change and evolve. 

And it was cute to hear her son singing in Not in the Mood. 

How many new tracks are on it?? Admittedly, of the ones that have been out for a while, the only tracks I’ve listened to much are one last kiss, beautiful world, face my fears, and darenimo iwanai. 

30 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Her best album to date! 

Somewhere Near Marseilles is very EXODUS. 

Find Love is nothing like the preview, it's so damn good. 

Again, Bad Mode is nothing like the short version. All the songs shapeshift as they go on, they change and evolve. 

And it was cute to hear her son singing in Not in the Mood. 

IT'S OUT :hdu:

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME :hdu:

brb going to listen :lanahottie:

3 hours ago, domandapiano said:

How many new tracks are on it?? Admittedly, of the ones that have been out for a while, the only tracks I’ve listened to much are one last kiss, beautiful world, face my fears, and darenimo iwanai. 

Just 4 tracks sadly, but at least she re-recorded some vocals for both versions of Face My Fears, also there are subtle changes in the mix.

3 hours ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

The way she made an 11-minute song just like that... Can we say iconic? 

Iconic!

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

IT'S OUT :hdu:

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME :hdu:

brb going to listen :lanahottie:

Let us know what you think!

22 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Just 4 tracks sadly, but at least she re-recorded some vocals for both versions of Face My Fears, also there are subtle changes in the mix.

thank you!!! A mild bummer, but I really haven’t listened to a handful of the singles so those will be fresh for me, and the fact that one of the new songs is 11 minutes is also a nice lil bonus. V cool about the face my fears re-record. I haven’t listened to it since I played KH3 so I’ll have to compare 

oh wow ok... this is definitely a GREAT album dare i say their best since ultra blue :bebe: (although i really liked fântome)

also i hate the original face my fears but the ag cook remix has completely saved the song for me :trisha: 

the one thing i think is bad is that the track order is a little strange

spoilers cause i did something controversial :bebe:

Spoiler

so on relistens i think not in the mood and somewhere near marseilles are a bit long so i edited them down and i also slightly tweaked the tracklist

1. bad mode
  2. one last kiss
  3. pink blood
  4. kimi ni muchuu
  5. time
  6. not in the mood (edit)
  7. darenimo iwanai
  8. find love (japanese version)
  9. face my fears (ag cook remix)
  10. somewhere near marseilles (edit)

somewhere near marseilles is still 7 minutes long though in my version although that is half of the middle part cut

i still wish they put more new songs on here cause a lot of this stuff just sounds kinda out of place cause i'm so used to hearing it

still love the songs though :bop:

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

oh wow ok... this is definitely a GREAT album dare i say their best since ultra blue :bebe: (although i really liked fântome)

also i hate the original face my fears but the ag cook remix has completely saved the song for me :trisha: 

the one thing i think is bad is that the track order is a little strange

I agree, the tracklist is kinda weird, mostly at the end with the bonus tracks. Is jarring to have a song from 13 years ago starting immediately after the last album track, and then at the very end of the bonus tracks we have the same song twice, but one is an english version of a song that appeared tracks earlier and the next one is a remix of the same track.

She should've kept just either the japanese or the english version of Face My Fears (plus the new amazing remix), but not both versions.

All the new songs are very long and I know that they might overwhelm most people, but I find them delightful.

2 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I agree, the tracklist is kinda weird, mostly at the end with the bonus tracks. Is jarring to have a song from 13 years ago starting immediately after the last album track, and then at the very end of the bonus tracks we have the same song twice, but one is an english version of a song that appeared tracks earlier and the next one is a remix of the same track.

She should've kept just either the japanese or the english version of Face My Fears (plus the new amazing remix), but not both versions.

All the new songs are very long and I know that they might overwhelm most people, but I find them delightful.

yeah i think somewhere near marseilles goes on a bit too long cause it's basically the same thing for 8 minutes and it's just kinda boring once the main part of the song is over

not in the mood however i really like the length on it i just edited it for playlist purposes :coffee:

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

yeah i think somewhere near marseilles goes on a bit too long cause it's basically the same thing for 8 minutes and it's just kinda boring once the main part of the song is over

not in the mood however i really like the length on it i just edited it for playlist purposes :coffee:

I understand where you are coming from, sure it can be way too long if you're in the mood for just jamming to the main part of the track.

Guys don't sleep on this album, it's bop after bop!

https://open.spotify.com/track/7BaExHeRww0LxV4yuYIFSL?si=4712371174d6420d

gonna post my utada album ranking

1. ultra blue (literally my favorite album of all time not joking)

2. deep river

3. fântome

4. heart station

5. distance

6. exodus

7. bad mode

8. hatsukoi

9. first love

10. this is the one

all of them are great albums though there is no bad one