Sign in to follow this  
bigspender

A24 film: X (2022)

i believe it’s still in theatres but it’s available on digital as of today, i’m surely watching it later with my friends. 

has anyone seen it? thoughts? iconic moments (but make them spoilers)?

ethel cain said someone ripped this movie right out of her brain so i’m excited to watch. 

giphy.gif

I posted this in the horror movie thread last week

Anyone seen the new A24 movie X? I saw it last night because I’m obsessed with Mia Goth and her acting choices are always so interesting (Nymphomaniac, Cure for Wellness etc.) and am super intrigued with Jenna Ortega, I loved the movie I thought it was great, I’m seeing a few people slating it though saying it’s nothing special but I think if you’re a proper horror fan who gets all the homages and little nods to other horror classics and classic horror ways of editing/filming then you’ll love this movie it’s so much fun

Btw did you notice Mia Goth was also playing the old woman? Blew my mind:omfg2:

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

I posted this in the horror movie thread last week

Anyone seen the new A24 movie X? I saw it last night because I’m obsessed with Mia Goth and her acting choices are always so interesting (Nymphomaniac, Cure for Wellness etc.) and am super intrigued with Jenna Ortega, I loved the movie I thought it was great, I’m seeing a few people slating it though saying it’s nothing special but I think if you’re a proper horror fan who gets all the homages and little nods to other horror classics and classic horror ways of editing/filming then you’ll love this movie it’s so much fun

Btw did you notice Mia Goth was also playing the old woman? Blew my mind:omfg2:

oops lmfaooo well it was great. and no i did not, that old woman made me so uncomfortable 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, bigspender said:

oops lmfaooo well it was great. and no i did not, that old woman made me so uncomfortable 

they shot a secret prequel back to back about that old woman, Mia Goth is playing her again but a younger version during the war when their farm was used to shelter soldiers 

giphy.gif

Just now, OverYourHead said:

they shot a secret prequel back to back about that old woman, Mia Goth is playing her again but a younger version during the war when their farm was used to shelter soldiers 

is there an estimated release year for this!??

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, bigspender said:

is there an estimated release year for this!??

It’s called Pearl and so far just says “coming soon” and it seems they shot it back to back so it must be filmed by now

also I just found this on wiki, sounds super interesting esp about how there’s gonna be a whole franchise and they’ll be different horror genres 

Ti West began writing a script for the prequel film, during production on X. Developed from a story he collaborated on with Mia Goth, the filmmaker stated that the project was seen as a potential film, while believing that it may simply serve as a backstory for Goth's role as Pearl in the first movie.[1] Inspired to continue working following the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on the cinema industry, West stated that he intended to begin production immediately following wrapping on the previous installment. West stated that he had pitched his idea of a new franchise to A24 and was surprised when they green-lithis projects. The filmmaker stated that he intends each film to have its own distinct style and genre of horror. Describing his approach to each movie, he stated that X was heavily influenced by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise and works of Mario Bava, exploring how the rise of independent filmmaking affected society, while Pearl will be a melodrama meets the Technicolorstyle of Mary Poppins made as a "demented Disney movie" and based on the works of Douglas Sirk, exploring how Hollywood filmmaking influenced people. West stated that he intends to continue this trend, with future installments. The movie will be a joint-venture production between A24 and BRON Studios.”

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

It’s called Pearl and so far just says “coming soon” and it seems they shot it back to back so it must be filmed by now

also I just found this on wiki, sounds super interesting esp about how there’s gonna be a whole franchise and they’ll be different horror genres 

Ti West began writing a script for the prequel film, during production on X. Developed from a story he collaborated on with Mia Goth, the filmmaker stated that the project was seen as a potential film, while believing that it may simply serve as a backstory for Goth's role as Pearl in the first movie.[1] Inspired to continue working following the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on the cinema industry, West stated that he intended to begin production immediately following wrapping on the previous installment. West stated that he had pitched his idea of a new franchise to A24 and was surprised when they green-lithis projects. The filmmaker stated that he intends each film to have its own distinct style and genre of horror. Describing his approach to each movie, he stated that X was heavily influenced by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise and works of Mario Bava, exploring how the rise of independent filmmaking affected society, while Pearl will be a melodrama meets the Technicolorstyle of Mary Poppins made as a "demented Disney movie" and based on the works of Douglas Sirk, exploring how Hollywood filmmaking influenced people. West stated that he intends to continue this trend, with future installments. The movie will be a joint-venture production between A24 and BRON Studios.”

i just looked at a bunch of articles about it. the fact that mia goth plays both characters, there’s a prequel, and it could be put by this year…. iconic 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bigspender said:

i just looked at a bunch of articles about it. the fact that mia goth plays both characters, there’s a prequel, and it could be put by this year…. iconic 

Mia Goth is amazing I couldn’t believe she was the old bitch as well, have you seen Nymphomanic? For her first film/role it’s bloody incredible and brave as shit

(If you’re 18+ that is:coffee:)

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

Mia Goth is amazing I couldn’t believe she was the old bitch as well, have you seen Nymphomanic? For her first film/role it’s bloody incredible and brave as shit

(If you’re 18+ that is:coffee:)

i’m definitely over 18 but i’ve never heard of it! i’ll be sure to look it up 

giphy.gif