Lillie

Why has she never performed TIWMUG live?

She might not really care.

Like, okay she put it on the album because thematically it was fitting and it is a pretty good song to close the album if you are not listening to the deluxe edition.

But Lana has hundreds of songs, I guess they mean less to her than as if she only had those 25 she acknowledges.

Does she even know herself how many songs she has ?  :eek:

Prolly not :teehee:

And just imagine, how many does she actually know the words for? I doubt all of them

Holy moly... I wonder what significance May 13th has for Lana since she decided to perform it that day? K's death?

She performed Dark Paradise in Rome too. On May 6. It was amazing but still wondering why she did that...

Because it's her most innovative, forward thinking song she has ever created and she hates it. That's why she never sung it live, it annoys her that she peaked so early in her career. Glorious anthems like this come only once in a lifetime and it's killing her on the inside that she is never going to outdo herself on this one.

:troll:

Since this thread has come back from the grave...

Is there any truth to the comments saying it's about her dead grandma or ex who "died in a car crash"? I've never heard of either of these things on this forum, so I wanna ask before dismissing it as bull.

Her face at 3:38 is heartbreaking. Makes me teary too. :(

I never saw that DMD video, thanks a lot, she does quite a nice job there !

And the DP performance is practically flawless and as you all say ... Her eyes :( ...

I love DP, and how can anybody resist the "Oh oh oh oh - Ah ah ah ah" part ? ^^

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Guest Dot

I think it's a total filler, made even worse by Emile Haynie and his production kit. The song itself, sticks out like a sore thumb on the album and is very girlie-like. It's less mature than any of the other songs from the album, except for Lucky Ones and Lolita, maybe. I think it doesn't suit her LDR persona that much, but rather her Lizzy Grant persona. I don't think she's too fond of the song anyway, the same goes for Dark Paradise, which has quite a similar structure, although I think that Dark Paradise fits the tone of the album better than TIWMUG. I don't wanna trash talk this song, because I'd get a lot of hate (as always) but I'm stating my opinion on why I think it has never been (and should never) be performed on tour.

I think it's a total filler, made even worse by Emile Haynie and his production kit. The song itself, sticks out like a sore thumb on the album and is very girlie-like. It's less mature than any of the other songs from the album, except for Lucky Ones and Lolita, maybe. I think it doesn't suit her LDR persona that much, but rather her Lizzy Grant persona. I don't think she's too fond of the song anyway, the same goes for Dark Paradise, which has quite a similar structure, although I think that Dark Paradise fits the tone of the album better than TIWMUG. I don't wanna trash talk this song, because I'd get a lot of hate (as always) but I'm stating my opinion on why I think it has never been (and should never) be performed on tour.

Well you don't have to worry about it anymore

Inb4 it's the opening song of the UV tour lol

2uzBJM.gif