Hello Heaven

How Popular Is Lana In Your Area?

I posted a line from one of her songs the other day on instagram (unrealeased, obvi) and everyone thought I was dark, depressed and on the verge of suicide.. LOL.  :toofunny:

Their responses:

"Stay strong jess"

"Stay strong beautiful"

"Love you jess, always stay strong"

IDIOTS. Clearly they do not know ANYTHING relevant in this world.  :facepalm:

Why would you expect people who aren't Lana fans to know of her unreleased songs? :stareney2:

Why would you expect people who aren't Lana fans to know of her unreleased songs? :stareney2:

My post was more the fact that I'm annoyed most ppl that I know only know her as "the girl who sings summertime sadness"

Lana is pretty popular here, everyone has at least heard of her. The people who say they like her are either in a soft grunge phase (but these people usually don't know any of her unreleased), and then we have the people who like Young and Beautiful and the Summertime Sadness remix lmao.

There is very few inbetween.

Hm ... Lots of people here know her but it's hard to tell how popular she is. Many know Summertime Sadness, Video Games, Dark Paradise, Born To Die, Young And Beautiful and West Coast but apart from that ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Hardly any student knows her if I say her name. And then, when I say, "Maybe you'll know her by her song Summertime Sadness: I got that summertime, summertime sadness, s-s-summertime, summertime sadness" they either go, "Oh, yeah, meh..." or "Ohhh. Ew, she's weird and her songs are too slow and depressing," or "Nope, sorry." I even try singing all of her popular songs and some unreleased ones to try to attract the fans. I'm hoping one day someone will come up to me and say, "Oh my God, are you singing [Name of Lana song]? I love Lana Del Rey, she's awesome!" and I'd finally have a school friend.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Summertime Sadness was played on the radio a lot in 2012 so many people here where I live at least know this song. Surprisingly some people still don't know who actually sings it. When I told a friend that I went to Lana's concert she had no clue who she is but when I played her Summertime Sadness she was like "Oh, I didn't know this song is by LDR.  I actually really like it."

However now they hardly ever play LDR songs on the radio even though the moderators seem to love her. When they do play one of Lana's songs they always announce it like idk a collab of Michael Jackson and Elvis.

My family and most of my friends still don't like her allegedly boring, depressing and whatever music although most of them never even gave her a try. Tbh I'm even happy that she's not one of those mainstream singers everyone "loves" but still managed to become an established artist with a quite huge fanbase.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

She must be darn popular; her show at the Masonic sold about 5,000 tickets.  But as far as my circle of friends, people either hate her or don't know anything about her.  My Mom loves her, and I've converted some friends, and I have a few more friends who already liked her, but for the most part people seem to be indifferent or - more likely - they don't understand her. 

Tbh I'm even happy that she's not one of those mainstream singers everyone "loves" but still managed to become an established artist with a quite huge fanbase.

Yeah, me too!

She must be darn popular; her show at the Masonic sold about 5,000 tickets.  But as far as my circle of friends, people either hate her or don't know anything about her.  My Mom loves her, and I've converted some friends, and I have a few more friends who already liked her, but for the most part people seem to be indifferent or - more likely - they don't understand her. 

I've managed to really convince my bestest friend (I call her my Sister) but we kinda really discovered her together. I actually did manage to turn my cousin into liking Lana. She likes her more than Reece Mastin, a singer whom she was obsessed with in 2012 (and covered I Kissed a Girl and that's the reason why I love Katy, and Katy is the reason why I like Lolita, and Lolita is the reason why I love Lana). She was obsessed with BTD and NA not long ago. I'm not sure if she still is though, I'm pretty sure it's just a phase, it won't last. My best friend told me she liked SS, we found out that it was the remix (I actually knew it was the remix) but now she likes the original better, she likes NA and she actually has her Twitter bio as:

Hi, I'm Alecia. I'm crazy, kind, caring and have a love for animals.

My idols are Katy Perry, Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift. I adore

Lolita!

So, I think she's starting to like her. I'm going to show her all of Lana's upbeat songs, and then slowly get the charm going by showing her the songs where Lana's voice is just absolutely enchanting.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Well, a lot of people I know, know who Lana is. My closest friend said she really likes Video Games (but I think that's the only song she's listened to of Lana's) :wat: 

I'm sure there are a lot of other people who love her in my area too. Lol ;) :)

lanarecolour01wtxt_zpsdjz4fkyq.png

i live in london so yeah she pretty popular but theres still loads of people who dont know who she is. 

its always the same 'oh shes so depressing' so i BLAST OUT GO GO DANCER  :hooker:

ive converted many people, even my mum. though she still says shes very waily and depressing. my sister likes TIWMUG but thats it

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

Quite popular from maybe 2013 onwards.

Popular to the point that I worry if she finally comes on tour to Australia it will be near impossible to get tickets.

Probably most of the girls in my grade at the very least like her, quite a few listen to BTD and Ultra, with a handful of hardcore fans. Also anyone who likes rap music seems to like her. But when she came out in 2012 I was the only fan that I knew of, unbeknownst one or two of my future close friends liked her too.

Very happy for her success though aaw

tumblr_mnotclIc9L1s7mwiio4_500.gif