Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

older lana stans - was it always thought/known that white mustang was meant to sound like “why i’m staying” and all the other things people hear, or is this something recent? just because i only heard of this being a thing like last year and never heard anyone bring it up until recently

Summertime sadness is currently playing on Slovak radio. They were talking about the most streamed artists of the moment and they chose her to play.
The last time I heard Lana on the radio was when they introduced Tough - the first and the last time.
And before that it was Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems - so many years ago.
It's unusual and I'm always a bit shocked when she's in the mainstream here, so I just wanted to share this :cuteface:

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg

On 9/4/2024 at 2:15 AM, motel six said:

older lana stans - was it always thought/known that white mustang was meant to sound like “why i’m staying” and all the other things people hear, or is this something recent? just because i only heard of this being a thing like last year and never heard anyone bring it up until recently

This was never confirmed. I lose a braincell every time when fans on social media try to push that theory. When White Mustang came out and I listened to it, I had never ever misheard it as "why I'm staying" that, I had always heard it as "white mustang" (because in my opinion the way she says "mustang" is kinda strong, like "mustæng" lmao). The first time I saw that theory was when the music video dropped, when all the fans started commenting under the video that "omg it sounds like 'why I'm staying' I can't unhear it" and I had to replay that song like three times to hear it :brigitte:

2.gif

On 9/3/2024 at 7:15 PM, motel six said:

"older" Lana stans when referring to LFL... :trisha::trisha:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

5 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Right, I screeched :rollin:

But to answer: I don't remember anyone talking about "Why Am I Staying" in Lanaboards when LFL came out, or even after that. It's just something that gets pushed in the social media comments section, and for some reason it irks me lol

Happy as the moonshine

4 hours ago, Embach said:

This was never confirmed. I lose a braincell every time when fans on social media try to push that theory. When White Mustang came out and I listened to it, I had never ever misheard it as "why I'm staying" that, I had always heard it as "white mustang" (because in my opinion the way she says "mustang" is kinda strong, like "mustæng" lmao). The first time I saw that theory was when the music video dropped, when all the fans started commenting under the video that "omg it sounds like 'why I'm staying' I can't unhear it" and I had to replay that song like three times to hear it :brigitte:

3 hours ago, riina said:

Right, I screeched :rollin:

But to answer: I don't remember anyone talking about "Why Am I Staying" in Lanaboards when LFL came out, or even after that. It's just something that gets pushed in the social media comments section, and for some reason it irks me lol

ahhh okay thank you, yeah i thought so because i’d never picked up on that myself until ppl mentioned it and didn’t know if it was just something that had always been a thing, it kinda irks me too because i just don’t hear it clear enough 

3 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

LMAOOO IM SORRYYYY older than me!

i'm not sure what it is about the nfr ballads that i like so much more than the ballads on chemtrails-ocean blvd. in theory all albums since nfr have been relatively in the same sonic landscape but nfr is my favorite album of all time while chemtrails/bb/ocean blvd are all on the lower half of my ranking. 

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

8 hours ago, taco truck said:

i'm not sure what it is about the nfr ballads that i like so much more than the ballads on chemtrails-ocean blvd. in theory all albums since nfr have been relatively in the same sonic landscape but nfr is my favorite album of all time while chemtrails/bb/ocean blvd are all on the lower half of my ranking. 

I'm the exact opposite! I quite literally skip half of the NFR album while both Chemtrails AND Blue Banisters have ZERO skips. 

I believe just about every Lipster skips the two interludes and I cannot stand the melody on Sweet.