Sign in to follow this  
Embach

Lana Del Rey's 39th Birthday - June 21st, 2024

Lana Del Rey's birthday is onΒ June 21st and this year she will turn 39 years old! You can write birthday wishes to her on her newsletter site - did you write any wishesΒ to her and if you did, what did you writeΒ for her? You can wish her happy birthday here as wellΒ - that's why I made this thread because there might be people who don't have an account on her newsletter website! :)

Β 

Also, usually on her birthday, many of her family members, friends, colleagues and collaborators share their birthday wishes to Lana on social media and might share some unseen photos of her (like Neil Krug has done that) as well - so you can share screenshots and links of these here as well! :)

url%5D

I've just recorded my video and I'm currently writing the message. I'm happy we're having this opportunity to send a message to her (even though she probably won't see them, but it's the thought that counts!) :oopna:

But iCloud is being a bitch and it's taking too long to sync my video :trisha:

giphy.gif

Β 

Update: Video and message sent! :wubna:

giphy.gif

Β 

Neil Krug did share an old Lust For Life era photo wishing Lana happy birthday in Instagram Stories but with noΒ outtakes like last year :trisha:

img%5D%5B

url%5D

Billboard Argentina published an article about her opening tracks in honor of her birthday!

Β 

1. "Born to Die"

"Feet don't fail me now/Take me to the finish line," a prayer that presages theΒ inevatibility of a tragic ending. Every verse is a whisper of doomed love, where the beauty of life is dyed by the shadows of mortality.

2. "Cruel World"

Opens Ultraviolence with an explosion of guitars and a declaration of independence: "I shared my body and my mind with you/That's all over now." It's an anthem of liberation and rebellion, where Del Rey strips away from destructive love.

3. "Honeymoon"
"We both know that it's not fashionable to love me," Del Rey sings, a confession that captures the essence of the glamorous melancholy. The soft strings and cinematic production create an atmosphere of nostalgia and longing.

4. "Love"
"Look at you, kids/With your vintage music," a sweet and nostalgic glance at a generation that seeks meaning in a chaotic world. It's an anthem about the beauty in being young and the endless possibilities that love brings.

5. "Norman fucking Rockwell"
"Goddamn, man-child," Del Rey kicks off with a mixture of frustration and tenderness. Here, she paints a portrait of an immature man in a romantic yet decadent world.

6. "White Dress"
"Sun stare/Don't care with my head in my hands/Thinkin' 'bout a simpler time," she sings in remembrance of a time of innocence and discovery. It's a reflection of the past, a meditation about the moments that shape us.

7. "Text Book"
The artist challenges a supposed conversative history from the very beginning of the song.

8. "The Grants"
Her latest starts in unusual fashion with a gospel choir. The intertwined voices, with a charm that's imperfect and genuine, introduce the listener to a world of melodies that capture the raw and authentic essence of the album.Β 

Β 

They also called her a modern Sappho and compared her music with John Everett Millais paintings.

Β 

https://www.billboard.ar/information/post/lana-del-rey-y-la-poetica-en-las-canciones-inaugurales-de-sus-discos

I made this fast video, and sent it with a little message :

Β 

The fact that she sang Without You again after some years on the recent shows really meant a lot to me, and made me think more deeply on her evolution, idk, just made me feel emotionalΒ :eek4:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif