TrashMagiq

Joker: Folie à Deux

i enjoyed it :hooker:

Spoiler

ALOT was cut... like, there were atleast 5 different scenes we saw being filmed + in the trailer that just werent anywhere near the final cut

really good acting and singing. the imagined scenes were fantastic

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:
  Hide contents

Just like House of Gucci Gaga was amazing in it but the movie was a whole bunch of nothing

Spoiler

i actually think it was done really well but do see what you mean

i think it showcased the 'mental illness' stuff quite well

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

Spoiler

They wanted so badly to make a different sequel to the first film, and had the potential to, but then spent the whole movie recapping the first film lmao. The whole courtroom drama segment I was like WE KNOW THIS ALREADYYYYY 

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

13 hours ago, slasherflicks said:
  Hide contents

They wanted so badly to make a different sequel to the first film, and had the potential to, but then spent the whole movie recapping the first film lmao. The whole courtroom drama segment I was like WE KNOW THIS ALREADYYYYY 

Spoiler

i actually went in not having watched the first one LMAO so cant comment on that but from what i know about it i see what you mean

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I thought it was really interesting. Will definitely be disregarded as boring and pointless by a lot of people, but that was kind of the point. It refused to give us what we want, because a story about a person like this should not be entertainment, and we should not be turning this type of person into an icon. There's nothing special about this Joker, just another sad, disturbed and violent man, and many more Jokers will come after him. I can definitely see why it will be a frustrating film for people, but I appreciated the risk in storytelling and the message landed pretty well for me.