Tyler

Lana Del Rey to perform at Lollapalooza 2013

smh @ her sucking up to america after bashing it in interviews

Dude, she loves America. She is an American and her songs and videos are full of American iconography. You could tell at the show she was truly overjoyed at the reception she got in her home country. It was a triumphant return. The people at the shows loved her. 

We all love Lana! America is the home of second chances and she has made it in her home country which is great validation for her and her family and friends. I am sure she loves all of her fans in Europe and is eternally grateful to them but there is nothing like an American being successful in your home country.

Everyone wants to come back home and be loved. It's okay for Lana and Americans to love each other. 

Dude, she loves America. She is an American and her songs and videos are full of American iconography. You could tell at the show she was truly overjoyed at the reception she got in her home country. It was a triumphant return. The people at the shows loved her. 

We all love Lana! America is the home of second chances and she has made it in her home country which is great validation for her and her family and friends. I am sure she loves all of her fans in Europe and is eternally grateful to them but there is nothing like an American being successful in your home country.

Everyone wants to come back home and be loved. It's okay for Lana and Americans to love each other. 

I would love to see her in NY one day ...

Lana Del Rey: I haven’t talked to an American journalist in, like, forever.

Really? I don’t count, though, because I’m an expatriate.

Me too. I think America is amazing for its landscape and its history. California is beautiful, New York is beautiful, but when you’re a gypsy at heart, it probably suits you to be traveling.

Do you consider yourself patriotic?

Not anymore.

Is it true that you left the US because you felt oppressed and unloved by the American media?

[laughing] Well, no one was really asking me for interviews, so there wasn’t really a reason to stay. Musically, I wouldn’t really work there because I wouldn’t know where to sing. I had a million shows lined up here, so that’s kind of why I went. And I didn’t really have any shows there. I mean, I could play on Sunset Strip and stuff. I could go back to New York . . .

You’ve already said that a lot of the imagery was driven by aesthetic choices, but how did exploring the dark side of America affect the way you explore the theme of Americanism?

That’s a good question. I actually find myself not going back to those themes in my writing in the last thirteen months.

I don’t feel like, “Rah, rah, America!” Fuck that shit [laughing].

--

i'm sure she was happy to see how many ppl turned up 2 see her but i don't think her views on america and working there have changed entirely

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Lana Del Rey: I haven’t talked to an American journalist in, like, forever.

Really? I don’t count, though, because I’m an expatriate.

Me too. I think America is amazing for its landscape and its history. California is beautiful, New York is beautiful, but when you’re a gypsy at heart, it probably suits you to be traveling.

Do you consider yourself patriotic?

Not anymore.

Is it true that you left the US because you felt oppressed and unloved by the American media?

[laughing] Well, no one was really asking me for interviews, so there wasn’t really a reason to stay. Musically, I wouldn’t really work there because I wouldn’t know where to sing. I had a million shows lined up here, so that’s kind of why I went. And I didn’t really have any shows there. I mean, I could play on Sunset Strip and stuff. I could go back to New York . . .

You’ve already said that a lot of the imagery was driven by aesthetic choices, but how did exploring the dark side of America affect the way you explore the theme of Americanism?

That’s a good question. I actually find myself not going back to those themes in my writing in the last thirteen months.

I don’t feel like, “Rah, rah, America!” Fuck that shit [laughing].

--

i'm sure she was happy to see how many ppl turned up 2 see her but i don't think her views on america and working there have changed entirely

I agree with her on Rah, rah, America!" Fuck that shit.

I am pretty liberal. 

But it really is foolish for there to be feud between European and American fans. We all love Lana and it was pretty clear to those at the shows that she really loved the reception and shows in America and was happy to be back in America. I'm pretty sure she will like being in Europe again.

Not trying to be rude or shit on anyone's opinion, but Lana and Ben have both said in the past that she is often misquoted. 

I do agree that she probably still has hard feelings to the way she was treated by the majority of Americans. Hope she eventually gets over them....  :(

OMG did you see the National Anthem video someone posted, before the performance she said she is there (in America I guess) to Premier Tropico. (and the rest of her speech was adorable too)

I hope it comes out within a week :party: :party: :party:

sigh i rly want lana 2 say something about so legit/gaga tbh

She'd be all:

Oh, it's a demo, it's not finished. But I love that song. No, I will not use it I wrote it for another artist. No I'm not upset by it's leaking. It happens.  :eek:

And then do an awkward arm dance and run off

Lollapalooza 2013: The Best Things We Saw on Friday

5. Lana Del Rey

If the multitudes of pre-fab flower crowns adorning girls' heads at Lolla did not tip you off in advance, the screaming, teeming LDR masses — the only thing that could blot out the industrial thunder of nearby NIN — made it good and clear: young female America stans for Lana. The polarizing pop ingénue took the stage looking like vintage Cher in a flowing, blood red gown with golden bodice and nearly black hair, looking very Bob Mackie-does-Grecian-goddess. Screams. A few songs in she told her band, "Lets do 'Blue Jeans,'" Screams. Fortunately, the flower crown ladies knew every single sigh and sang along, loudly, with LDR occasionally ceding a line to her rapt fans — which almost made up for how quiet and thin the sound was during her set. In the last year, her command of her voice has finally caught up to her ambition and star power — the delicacy of her baroque, operatic flourishes were in stark relief against the maniacal grunting of Trent Reznor, which punctured those swelling strings and sighs of longing from three blocks away. J.H.

130803-Best-Things-We-Saw-At-LollapaloozLana Del Rey Photo by Wilson Lee

http://www.spin.com/articles/lollapalooza-2013-nine-inch-nails-lana-del-rey/

Well, "sucking up to America " sounds very hateful. Sucking up to her fans sounds a lot better.

i didn't mean for it to be hateful, i have absolutely nothing against america or her american fans, if it came across that way to anyone i'm sorry. it just seems weird to me how she's said in multiple interviews she doesn't love america like she used to and she doesn't want to play there and stuff and now she's buying a house there and telling the ppl at the festival she's so glad to be back home. idk what to believe tbh, she keep contradicting herself.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

i didn't mean for it to be hateful, i have absolutely nothing against america or her american fans, if it came across that way to anyone i'm sorry. it just seems weird to me how she's said in multiple interviews she doesn't love america like she used to and she doesn't want to play there and stuff and now she's buying a house there and telling the ppl at the festival she's so glad to be back home. idk what to believe tbh, she keep contradicting herself.

Yes I know what you mean. Like I said I think it's dumb to have a feud between Lana's European and American fans. 

But to answer your question it is not that unusual for some Americans when they go to Europe to start dissing America and saying how great Europe is. Some people do that. Maybe they want fit in in Europe or appear cool but that happens. Plus some of her "negative" comments about America came in light of the criticism she took for her SNL appearance. And she might have wanted to play to an European audience by saying how cool Europe is compared to America. I also would agree that she was misquoted since the British and European press is notorious for making stuff up like the Sun and other European tabloids.

Plus when you spend a lot of time outside of American you tend to realize there's no place like home.

OK. The reason I did respond was because you have posted interesting and intelligent views before.Sorry ,but I'm a very hardcore fan. :)

OK. The reason I did respond was because you have posted interesting and intelligent views before.Sorry ,but I'm a very hardcore fan. :)

oh my god i'm smiling v big thank you!

lana could say she never wanted anything to do with america again in an interview today and i wouldnt hold her to it tomorrow

typical contradictory lana is typical and contradictory

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

lana could say she never wanted anything to do with america again in an interview today and i wouldnt hold her to it tomorrow

typical contradictory lana is typical and contradictory

"Do I contradict myselfVery wellthen I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."