Pretend

A*M*E

AME+HUNGER.png

A*M*E is an 18 year old pop singer from South East London. She began her recording career in 2012 after the release of her first viral single, “City Lights”.

A*M*E was born Aminata Kabba in Sierra Leone on 13 December, 1984. She moved to Lewisham, London after life in her hometown became too dangerous. As a teenager, she joined her school choir 'Vocalize' - performing multiple renditions of songs such as Rihanna’s “Don’t Stop the Music” and an original song titled “Get On The Floor”.
However, Kabba decided that she wanted to pursue a solo career, and began working with producer Andy Gilbert on a number of tracks, which were sent to multiple A&Rs and labels. She then went on to meet MNEK, and wrote multiple songs with him. These soon caught the attention of Gary Barlow, who subsequently signed her to his ex-label Future Records in June 2011.

A*M*E spent the majority of 2011 recording for her debut album and preparing to release her first single. “City Lights” featuring Bartoven, her first viral single, was released in January 2012. She began a promo tour of schools around the UK during January 2012, and released the first issue of her own magazine, The A*M*E; closely followed by the release of “Ride or Die” and “Find a Boy” during March and July 2012. She supported both Jessie J and JLS (along with playing various festivals) during summer 2012.
In September, A*M*E announced she would be releasing her first commercial single, “Play The Game Boy” in November 2012.
Her second commercial single is currently planned to be “Heartless”, produced by Rami Yacoub and Carl Falk.
In January 2013, A*M*E left Future Records due to its disbandment, and joined Epic Records.

Along with her recording career, A*M*E is also a songwriter and fanzine distributer. She wrote “clear.gifBeautiful Stranger” for girl group f(x) in 2012, which peaked at #1 in South Korea. Her own fanzine, The A*M*E, is published through Issuu and created/designed by A*M*E herself.

Her official website and other links can be found on www.ameofficial.com

Singles

City Lights (feat. Bartoven)

Ride or Die

Find a Boy (feat. Mic Righteous)

Get Down (feat. T-Pain) (if you by chance happen to have this PM me :smokes:)

Play The Game Boy

Heartless

If you haven't heard of her just yet, her newest collaboration "Need U (100%)" with Duke Dumont is about to smash :omfg2:

Someone should make me a zip of all her songs, because I adore the ones I have heard so far. :creep: :creep: 

Could you possibly help me out, Electra Heart? :hooker:

I heard "Play The Game Boy" a couple months ago, loved it on first listen. I didn't know she had released anything else though. Anyone happen to have a list of everything leaked/released?

Released:

City Lights

Ride or Die

Find a Boy

Heartless

Need U (100%)

Leaked:

By Your Side

There's tons more around the net - you just have to be smart enough to find them.  :teehee:

oh my god she's had songs leaked? :O

for anyone interested, here's a video of Amy before she became famous and was in my school choir  :flutter:

Yep. Safe to say she's made it  :teehee:

I have loads of performances saved from when she was in Vocalize since they'll probably get taken down soon - am I too obsessed?  :deadbanana:

I have loads of performances saved from when she was in Vocalize since they'll probably get taken down soon - am I too obsessed?  :deadbanana:

No - just look what happened to Lana, and then Charli. :defeated:

Are all her released singles written with MNEK?