teethclick

Björk

Well at least The Gate is better than Arisen. Anyone in the UK that wants to try iPlayer or should I try with a proxy or whatever later when I get on my laptop...?

Edit: Okay all Hola and iPlayer did was make my browser laggy af so whatever

Also the I think today is the first show of the Utopia tour! Idk if it's gonna be livestreamed tho

Yep! Her showtime is in about 4 hours, excited to see if she's wearing a new outfit and also if the setlist is any different from the previous two shows last month. Fucking hell we're finally getting some live footage  :defeated: Someone uploaded plenty of audio recordings from the previous ones but no thanks I want to see what's going on.

Yep! Her showtime is in about 4 hours, excited to see if she's wearing a new outfit and also if the setlist is any different from the previous two shows last month. Fucking hell we're finally getting some live footage  :defeated: Someone uploaded plenty of audio recordings from the previous ones but no thanks I want to see what's going on.

I know! She's headlining, so I'm hoping for a longer setlist. If this era's live set is really just 15 songs I'm gonna be so disappointed.

PS: People have heard her sound-checking "Isobel"

https://twitter.com/towerhamtennis/status/1000686794055278594?s=21

8nl2OpX.png

I know! She's headlining, so I'm hoping for a longer setlist. If this era's live set is really just 15 songs I'm gonna be so disappointed.

PS: People have heard her sound-checking "Isobel"

https://twitter.com/towerhamtennis/status/1000686794055278594?s=21

Yeah... it'll also be interesting to see if she's going to have more of her older material in the setlist. I guess it'll be mostly Utopia but since it's a festival this time around she'll probably have more of the songs she's known for? I absolutely love the Army of Me performance she did in Manchester a few years ago (also my favorite Vulnicura era outfit by far). She did say in one of her interviews (can't remember which one) that she likes to start her festival sets with "the slow stuff" (for a lack of a better word) and end them with the rhytmic bangers after the sun's down or something like that. And I really dig that transition to be honest, like for example my ideal Björk setlist I'd love to experience myself would end with the crushing techno/industrial beats of Pluto. Experiencing it live would be insane. I'm good either way though, just being able to see her is enough of a dream that I hope will come true someday.  :defeated:

Btw am I the only one who thinks The Comet Song deserves some justice considering the current woodwind/folktronica sound? It's a cute one imo and it wouldn't be a big addition due to its short length. Or maybe I'm just somewhat biased since she made it for the Moomin film lol (one of my good friends got to attend a press event back then and I'm jealous af that she got to see Björk)

Edit: According to someone on Reddit she's going to do Come to Me, we'll see about that. 

Yeah... it'll also be interesting to see if she's going to have more of her older material in the setlist. I guess it'll be mostly Utopia but since it's a festival this time around she'll probably have more of the songs she's known for? I absolutely love the Army of Me performance she did in Manchester a few years ago (also my favorite Vulnicura era outfit by far). She did say in one of her interviews (can't remember which one) that she likes to start her festival sets with "the slow stuff" (for a lack of a better word) and end them with the rhytmic bangers after the sun's down or something like that. And I really dig that transition to be honest, like for example my ideal Björk setlist I'd love to experience myself would end with the crushing techno/industrial beats of Pluto. Experiencing it live would be insane. I'm good either way though, just being able to see her is enough of a dream that I hope will come true someday.  :defeated:

Btw am I the only one who thinks The Comet Song deserves some justice considering the current woodwind/folktronica sound? It's a cute one imo and it wouldn't be a big addition due to its short length. Or maybe I'm just somewhat biased since she made it for the Moomin film lol (one of my good friends got to attend a press event back then and I'm jealous af that she got to see Björk)

That was also my favorite outfit! she looked stunning. 

I would love to hear Pluto, but like, they would do it with flutes? But I do hope she changes the instrumentation of older songs, I know she actually does, but If I recall there was no major change in Thunderbolt in the rehearsal show, I hope she delivers because the renditions from the Vulnicura tour were super B, Come To Me and All Neon Like  :deadbanana:

Never heard The Comet Song  :teehee:

8nl2OpX.png

That was also my favorite outfit! she looked stunning. 

I would love to hear Pluto, but like, they would do it with flutes? But I do hope she changes the instrumentation of older songs, I know she actually does, but If I recall there was no major change in Thunderbolt in the rehearsal show, I hope she delivers because the renditions from the Vulnicura tour were super B, Come To Me and All Neon Like  :deadbanana:

Never heard The Comet Song  :teehee:

Well she already did Pluto with strings so why not flutes as well  :flutter: If she's going to keep on performing Notget I'd also like if they did it flutes instead of strings, it'd be a nice twist even though I love the song as it is. And yeah if she'll do more of the old songs I hope they've been updated to go along with the current airy sound, what they did to Come to Me was amazing. I think I've listened the new version of All Neon Like a couple of times but jesus christ I can't remember it at all, need to return to it as soon as I've finished my current playlist  :biblio:

Gurl what, drop whatever you're doing and listen to it now lol. Considering the fact that she recently even admitted that Finnish composers and compositions were the reason why she didn't ditch her flute as a kid, she basically owes us a show now that she based an entire record on them. Or at least performing the Moomin track as a tribute  :thumb:

I think I've listened the new version of All Neon Like a couple of times but jesus christ I can't remember it at all, need to return to it as soon as I've finished my current playlist  :biblio:

In case you're wondering, just like a week ago I learned that this she released and exclusive Rought Trade vinyl version of Vulnicura Live (just 1000 copies worldwide) waaay before the standard Live version and the bitch decided to make All Neon Like a bonus track and I had no idea. So if anyone wants to hear it, here it is, it took a lot of digging but I found it

http://picosong.com/wP7tN/

Arca delivered.

8nl2OpX.png

In case you're wondering, just like a week ago I learned that this she released and exclusive Rought Trade vinyl version of Vulnicura Live (just 1000 copies worldwide) waaay before the standard Live version and the bitch decided to make All Neon Like a bonus track and I had no idea. So if anyone wants to hear it, here it is, it took a lot of digging but I found it

http://picosong.com/wP7tN/

Arca delivered.

Yeah they actually released a very limited 2CD version as well if I remember correctly. Luckily I've had it on my laptop for ages (got it from a discography torrent a couple of years back) so I just listened to it and hell yeah.

She's rocking a white dress and mask, she looks like an angel. At the opening of the show there was a presentation about ecology I think

Setlist so far:

Arisen

The Gate

Isobel

Appearently there's a big storm coming at the show, I hope nothing happens  :ohno:

8nl2OpX.png

She's rocking a white dress and mask, she looks like an angel. At the opening of the show there was a presentation about ecology I think

Setlist so far:

Arisen

The Gate

Isobel

Appearently there's a big storm coming at the show, I hope nothing happens :ohno:

Blissing me and Utopia as well! Refreshing hashtags like a maniac all over Instagram and Twitter :toofunny:

WHAT FOR REAL :defeated: My god I've been waiting for this day to come

Yeah according to the 4um! First time since 2007. As far as I know she only played it once in 2007, so 2003 was the last time we really got it on a tour.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Yeah according to the 4um! First time since 2007. As far as I know she only played it once in 2007, so 2003 was the last time we really got it on a tour.

Yep I know! Also on 4um. I'm about to go to bed now though, hoping there'll be some material once I wake up.