FirstSpider

Skylar Grey (Holly Brook)

On 1/21/2021 at 8:36 PM, Glitter Boy said:

Let's hope so! I was relistening to Natural Causes and... lord. I love her sound there.

NC is definitely my favorite album of hers and my favorite album of all time as well. Her voice, the lyrics, harmonies, beats & variety yet cohesiveness of the project made it very special. She described the genre of her new upcoming album as the "Skylar Grey genre" so I'm praying it's at least somewhat similar to NC stylistically. We've been waiting for her new album for almost 5 years now so I'm very eager to hear what she's coming out with next!

OMG THE NEW ALBUM IS SO GOOD! I'm on a rush right now but later on I'll post my review :true: it's her best yet, and I really thought Natural Causes was her magnum opus :gurl: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Her best album yet, I'm so impressed. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Can't get over the new album. Most are career highlights (Show Me Where It Hurts, Destroyer, Impaled, Vampire :trisha:)

The only song I'm not too fond of is Loop, but it has grown on me since listen #1 so I feel it will keep growing. The rest are from very good to excellent.

I remember her saying she wanted to do a deluxe but I don't think it's necessary. I'm afraid the perfection of this 10-track album could be opaqued by any extra songs - unless they're as brilliant as the standard ones.

Favourites: Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Tears, Show Me Where It Hurts, Destroyer, Vampire At the Swimming Pool, Impaled.

Least favourites: Loop.

Definitely her best album yet. Hope she continues to keep this quality for her next releases.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

New song for the Resident Evil show from Netflix.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde