lola

Taylor Swift

10 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Fr, and even if one man did have an influence it surely wouldn't be Joe cough jack cough

Right, like Joe isn’t even in music

giphy.gif
   ⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 ‧₊°  

6 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

I am fully choosing to accept the idea that her music was so good from 2017 to 2020 because she was with Joe Alwyn. There has to be a reason for the extremely sharp decline in the quality of her visuals and lyricism after Joe (TTPD). Like that is crazy. Girl wrote False God for Joe and then So high school for Travis… embarrassing 

i'd understand the criticism if it wasn't for the years you picked- 2017 to 2020? Rep and Lover are great, but they aren't her best works. Folkmore is obviously amazing, etc, etc, but if you were to argue the "best music years", 2010-2014 I would totally get. Speak Now - Red - 1989 is an insane run of albums, it's basically my top 3. I'm here for Midnights criticism every day, her worst album to me, but TTPD is great and her lyricism on there is so overlooked, and I'd personally argue 2020-2024 is more impressive than 2017-2020. 

2e51cd1e8138f1fc806912eadd82fc13.gif

Like TV in black and white...

2 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

And one man did NOT drastically change the style, lyrics, and production of her music :um2:

I hate to pull out the misogyny card out but- crediting a man for the "best works" of a female artist is certainly- interesting...  :hillary:

2e51cd1e8138f1fc806912eadd82fc13.gif

Like TV in black and white...

Just now, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

I hate to pull out the misogyny card out but- crediting a man for the "best works" of a female artist is certainly- interesting...  :hillary:

Fr especially since they would never do it for lana 

1 minute ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

Agreed 100% !! They’re acting like a man who she was dating produced all of her music along with all of the work that goes into it for her which definitely has misogynistic undertones- intentional or not. 

giphy.gif
   ⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 ‧₊°  

That user just got up on the wrong side of the bed, they were picking a fight over Panic! At The Disco in another thread lmao 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

I don’t think her break-up with Joe has anything to do with the re-recordings being bad. I just don’t think she cares that much about having the re-recordings be as good as they can be, since the average listener won’t notice much of a difference anyway. (Some might disagree with that but you really can’t convince me she couldn’t find someone better equipped to mimic Max Martin’s detailed production for 1989 TV.)

As for Midnights and TTPD, I think the bar was set pretty high by folklore and evermore and Midnights/TTPD didn’t live up to it. I wouldn’t call it a sharp decline, she just dropped 2 of her best albums and the 2 albums that followed it weren’t 2 of her best albums. Imo Midnights and TTPD are better than Lover. Lover has some of her best songs but as a full body of work it’s kinda a mess. If Joe had that much impact on the quality of her music, Lover would’ve probs been a better album, considering he’s the lover in question…

sig-cropped.png

15 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I don’t think her break-up with Joe has anything to do with the re-recordings being bad. I just don’t think she cares that much about having the re-recordings be as good as they can be, since the average listener won’t notice much of a difference anyway. (Some might disagree with that but you really can’t convince me she couldn’t find someone better equipped to mimic Max Martin’s detailed production for 1989 TV.)

Im with you on this one skinny legend, it always baffled me that she couldn't get a pop producer for 1989 TV, Red TV i understood why especially since we had shellback for the pop songs on that there (and the fact that it's just 3-4 songs) but, she seriously couldn't keep shellback or get a new pop producer for atleast the other 5 singles and the Bad Blood remix

Edited by DemonMic2003

Tbh I think Speak Now is a great re-recording, it’s extremely faithful with some tracks being better than the ogs imo (Mine, Back to December, Innocent) , and it has pretty good vault tracks, though I only go back to Foolish One and Timeless really.

1989 TV is pretty good as well but Style TV is a massive botch that is so bad that I think it brings down the entire re-record for people. New Romantics was botched too, but not as bad as Style. HOWEVER, the vault tracks are the best vault tracks as 5/6 of them are 10/10 bops to me (sorry Say Don’t Go fans, I find it boring lol). I also think Out of the Woods, Wonderland, Clean, and All You Had to Do Was Stay TV’s sound better than the OGs.

Honestly I think Red TV is her worst recording. It has a few pretty bad botches for me (WANEGBT, Holy Ground, All Too Well OG, Everything has Changed), and despite there being 9 vault tracks, I only consistently stream 3 of them. Also the complete change  to Girl at Home was really weird, even though I don’t care about either version. I will say it has some really great re-records on it, Red and Sad Beautiful Tragic were totally elevated in their TV’s. Also, the era was AMAZING. I stayed up to listen to it and it felt like I was listening to it for the first time. The next day I went and got Taylor’s drink at Starbucks with my friend and it was really fun. That and all the appearances she was making + the music videos really made it feel like its own era which has not been replicated with the other re-records. 

Fearless TV is the best re-record imo. It’s extremely faithful to the OG record and has some really standout TV’s (Fearless, Fifteen, Hey Stephen, The Other Side of the Door). I personally really like the vault tracks with the exception of We Were Happy. Don’t You and Bye Bye Baby are my favorites. 

so basically I think my ranking would be 

1. Fearless TV

2. 1989 TV 

3. Speak Now TV 

4. Red TV

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

57 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Tbh I think Speak Now is a great re-recording, it’s extremely faithful with some tracks being better than the ogs imo (Mine, Back to December, Innocent) , and it has pretty good vault tracks, though I only go back to Foolish One and Timeless really.

1989 TV is pretty good as well but Style TV is a massive botch that is so bad that I think it brings down the entire re-record for people. New Romantics was botched too, but not as bad as Style. HOWEVER, the vault tracks are the best vault tracks as 5/6 of them are 10/10 bops to me (sorry Say Don’t Go fans, I find it boring lol). I also think Out of the Woods, Wonderland, Clean, and All You Had to Do Was Stay TV’s sound better than the OGs.

Honestly I think Red TV is her worst recording. It has a few pretty bad botches for me (WANEGBT, Holy Ground, All Too Well OG, Everything has Changed), and despite there being 9 vault tracks, I only consistently stream 3 of them. Also the complete change  to Girl at Home was really weird, even though I don’t care about either version. I will say it has some really great re-records on it, Red and Sad Beautiful Tragic were totally elevated in their TV’s. Also, the era was AMAZING. I stayed up to listen to it and it felt like I was listening to it for the first time. The next day I went and got Taylor’s drink at Starbucks with my friend and it was really fun. That and all the appearances she was making + the music videos really made it feel like its own era which has not been replicated with the other re-records. 

Fearless TV is the best re-record imo. It’s extremely faithful to the OG record and has some really standout TV’s (Fearless, Fifteen, Hey Stephen, The Other Side of the Door). I personally really like the vault tracks with the exception of We Were Happy. Don’t You and Bye Bye Baby are my favorites. 

1. Fearless TV

2. 1989 TV 

3. Speak Now TV 

4. Red TV

For me it goes...

1. Fearless TV (expect for We Were Happy TV she botched that)

2. Speak Now TV

3. 1989 TV

4. Red TV (how dare she botch State Of Grace TV, that alone is an attroctity)

2 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Fr especially since they would never do it for lana 

:thumb3: mind you I see stans on every platform claiming UV/HM are Lana’s best works because of rick

ABRA - ADDISON RAE - AMAARAE - ARCA - BJÖRK - CARDOPUSHER - CAROLINE POLACHEK - CHARLI XCX - COBRAH - DOJA CAT - DOON KANDA - DUA LIPA - ELLIE GOULDING - ETHEL CAIN - FIONA APPLE - FKA TWIGS - GRIMES - HEIDI MONTAG - JANELLE MONÁE - KALI UCHIS - KELELA - KILO KISH - KISS FACILITY - KYLIE MINOGUE - LANA DEL REY - LORDE - MADONNA - OPN - PHOEBE BRIDGERS - PINKPANTHERESS - ROCHELLE JORDAN - ROSALÍA - SEGA BODEGA - SHYGIRL - SKY FERREIRA - SLAYYYTER - SOPHIE - SZA - T.A.T.U. - TAMARYN - TAYLOR SWIFT - TIM HECKER - TINASHE - TOMMY GENESIS

6 minutes ago, aquamarie said:

:thumb3: mind you I see stans on every platform claiming UV/HM are Lana’s best works because of rick

That's there problem then. However, what you said was very misogynistic intended or not.

Edit: wait wrong person :bebe:

Apologies

4 minutes ago, aquamarie said:

Producers ≠ Boyfriends though I don’t agree that her producers are the only reason her music sounds a certain way 

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

48 minutes ago, taco truck said:

SHE JUST ENDORSED KAMALA OMG

kamala IS a tortured poet 🤍

3 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

As for Midnights and TTPD, I think the bar was set pretty high by folklore and evermore and Midnights/TTPD didn’t live up to it.

Ironically, I think if the albums had been swapped (TTPD came first and then Midnights), the reception would have been MUCH better. TTPD following immediately after evremore/Red TV would've been billed as "Taylor combining her wordy lyrcism with the pop sounds she experimented with after the original Red era" and it would've been seen as a "natural evolution" - and the double album would've similarly been seen as "oh look she gave both sides of her fanbase an album, a pop one and a folk one". 

Then Midnights as TS11 would've been seen as "ah she's back to more simple, digestible pop, good for her!"

The back-n-forths of the folkmore era to the Midnights era to TTPD era were what caused some of the negative press imo + the fact that she's been everywhere since 2021. 

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

1. Fearless TV

2. 1989 TV 

3. Speak Now TV 

4. Red TV

I personally think that Speak Now is her best re-recording. Like you said, some of the re-recordings are much better than the ogs (I’d also add Haunted to your list). The vault tracks are also really good. 

As a huge 1989 fan, I was honestly really disappointed with the re-recording. I will say that the vault tracks are amazing, but I didn’t like the sound throughout the album. For obvious reasons I won’t stream the og, but I definitely think the TV OOTW is not nearly as good as the original. The original had so much more raw emotion imo. The Wildest Dreams and Clean re-recordings were great though. 

Red TV didn’t really stand out to me. It’s really good, but there’s not that wow factor. 

I agree with your stance on Fearless TV. Fearless falls lower in my Taylor album rankings, so it’s not my favorite re-recording personally, but production, sound, etc wise was all perfection. I think the title track is one of her best re-recording she’s ever done!!

giphy.gif
   ⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 ‧₊°  

1 minute ago, mssainttropez said:As a huge 1989 fan, I was honestly really disappointed with the re-recording. I will say that the vault tracks are amazing, but I didn’t like the sound throughout the album. For obvious reasons I won’t stream the og, but I definitely think the TV OOTW is not nearly as good as the original. The original had so much more raw emotion imo. The Wildest Dreams and Clean re-recordings were great though. 

Omg wait that’s kind of crazy to me because I think OOTW TV is like 100 times better than the og even though I was already a huge fan of the og 😭 The background vocals at end are much clearer and sound more like the 1989 tour version which I loveeee. And I feel like the production in general just has a bit more oomph than the og.

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Omg wait that’s kind of crazy to me because I think OOTW TV is like 100 times better than the og even though I was already a huge fan of the og 😭 The background vocals at end are much clearer and sound more like the 1989 tour version which I loveeee. And I feel like the production in general just has a bit more oomph than the og.

The way I haven’t listened to it in months but I’ll give it a re-listen right now :liner:

giphy.gif
   ⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 ‧₊°