Sign in to follow this  
LDRO

Rick Nowels talks 'Summertime Sadness' & Lana

@@Foolish In some people those contradictions are more apparent than in others, and Lana is definitely one of those people.to me. I believe half of what she says / sings about, but completely mistrust the other half. And what can I say, I totally like analysing all that shit, it's like a hobby. :bop:

Im sorry, you know her only from medias. You dont really know her true personality and you cant judge her.  :smokes3:  :bye2:

Who actually cares though really? all this "i don't trust her, who is she? ect ect"............is the product good, do you actually like the output? great, enjoy it and get over everything else. She's not here to be your true friend who you know, she's a singer, she opens her mouth, sounds come out we like, we buy the music, the end. x.

Who actually cares though really? all this "i don't trust her, who is she? ect ect"............is the product good, do you actually like the output? great, enjoy it and get over everything else. She's not here to be your true friend who you know, she's a singer, she opens her mouth, sounds come out we like, we buy the music, the end. x.

So true! As long as her songs sound amazing, her videos are flawless and her photoshoots are beautiful I'm happy, who cares what is she like in real life. Sure it might be interesting, but the emphasis should be on her work.

Im sorry, you know her only from medias. You dont really know her true personality and you cant judge her.  :smokes3:  :bye2:

Well, I definitely can if I want to - so many people all over the world do it every single day about pretty much everything without actually knowing what they're talking about - which, of course, doesn't mean I'd be right. Regardless, that's not what I'm trying to do here.

Quite a few people here, apparently. Hence Lanalysis & 'Lana thoughts', for instance. What I don't understand is why people who don't care about it care that we care.

The main purpose of a forum is 'discussion', obviously. If I wanted to just 'enjoy the output', I wouldn't even need to be here. Different people like to discuss different things, and fortunately for all of us there's so many different topics to choose from. What I don't get is the necessity to go 'but who even cares?!' whenever something doesn't interest you; I mean, I don't give a shit about many things in lots of topics but I don't go there periodically and ask 'who cares though?'.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Well, I definitely can if I want to - so many people all over the world do it every single day about pretty much everything without actually knowing what they're talking about - which, of course, doesn't mean I'd be right. Regardless, that's not what I'm trying to do here.

Yes, people do it. That doesnt mean its right and you should do it (where is your punkness ?). She is a singer, we should care about her music and dont judge her personality or contradictions because we dont know her actually. I dont even think Lana would like it.

Yes, people do it. That doesnt mean its right and you should do it (where is your punkness ?). She is a singer, we should care about her music and dont judge her personality or contradictions because we dont know her actually. I dont even think Lana would like it.

Being 'punk rock' are her words, not mine. And look, you're doing the exact same thing - speculating about her personality.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

@@Foolish So Legit - What happened to my scene, what happened to punk rock, rock?

"So Legit" is an immature bashing song where words are drawn to extreme. I thought we were talking about current state. Of course people evolve and there are so many contradictions between what they said at unrestrained age and what they say now - at more mature age. As a child I have never liked tatoos, piercings, metal heads... But now I got them too and its not less genuine just because my previous views were different. My opinions have evolved and I have realised couple of things.

@@Foolish Right, except what she says in interviews even nowadays kinda seems to corroborate those 'immature' opinions (stuff like her and Barrie being the only true artists she knows, that a big part of the public are flip-floppers which is something she can't respect, etc.).

@@Foolish Right, except what she says in interviews even nowadays kinda seems to corroborate those 'immature' opinions (stuff like her and Barrie being the only true artists she knows, that a big part of the public are flip-floppers which is something she can't respect, etc.).

Maybe she meant: The only artists I know personally. I dont know what was on her mind when she was saying this... I just have understanding for her because I know I would sound like a total confused mess in interviews too.  :creep:

Maybe she meant: The only artists I know personally. I dont know what was on her mind when she was saying this... I just have understanding for her because I know I would sound like a total confused mess in interviews too.  :creep:

It probably is what she meant, and imo it doesn't make it any better; she's in the industry and knows a shitload of artists now, so it's kind of a presumptuous thing to say.

But see, you're speculating again too - which is fine. We just have different opinions on why she talks / acts the way she does, which is also perfectly fine. However, it's just kind of dishonest to accuse people of over-analysing / judging / etc. as a means to end a discussion just because you disagree with what's being said. Just my final 2 cents on this.

That's fine, but some of you go on about it like it's an Einstein equation. There may need to be a few hobbies picked up in spare time for some of you that's all.

Oh well different strokes for different, yada yada yada.

I think that's definitely the bottom line.

That's fine, but some of you go on about it like it's an Einstein equation. There may need to be a few hobbies picked up in spare time for some of you that's all.

thats kind of judgmental. i mean, there are different levels of interest, i suppose. some people might even tell you to get a hobby because of the fact that you've got 800 posts on an online forum about lana del rey, because to them, all she does is "open her mouth and let sounds out of it" ... they hear her on the radio, appreciate the 3-4 minutes that she's in their periphery and thats literally just enough. but is she really just a singer to you? maybe. but then i'm kinda confused as to why you're here. thats not meant to sound bitchy, i'm genuinely curious as to what you're here to discuss, if not everything and anything about her. regardless of your motivations -- her music is still a part of your life, and its a part of your life that you obviously appreciate. and it isn't just because of the sounds that she makes, is it? its about the lyrics, too. the words that come out of her mouth still mean something, unless you choose not to pay attention. they come from her emotional state, her inner / outer life, her inspirations, experiences, etc. so i don't think its that far of a stretch that many of us would be interested in where it all comes from? i dunno. maybe theres a certain level of speculation that makes people uncomfortable. but the *unknown* is what interests me the most, i suppose. i love her music and her lyrics but i can't help but find myself drawn to the complexity of her persona 

if you aren't, it doesn't mean you should look down on those who are. i could adopt a bit of your mentality and choose to think of you as a "lesser" fan but i don't, because i realize that everyone is wired differently 

ZRBNill.jpg