Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

IN SUMMATION

The album is surprisingly good and for the most part seems to be well received. I was genuinely expecting this to be an unprecedented disaster with the Yes And H&M anthem single and Ari’s personal controversies leading up to the album. The more I listen to this album, the more i appreciate little different details about it each time. It reminds of of Sweetener in that regard. Every song on the album has value, even though there are some I like more than others. EVEN Yes And can be given the compliment of just being the most boring, at least it isn’t an abominable dumpster fire like some songs Ari has dropped in the past. Speaking of which, I can compliment this album for not having a song like Everyday where some rapper says the same word 20 million times or a god awful pop anthem closer like Popular Song where some Maroon 5 clone sings the worst buttery gay vocals imaginable! So while the album doesn’t have any horrible lows, my main criticism then would be that it doesn’t have any super highs either. This is the same problem I had with Positions. While this album has many great songs, to me personally it had no amazing songs that i’ll remember forever. Sweetener had No Tears Left to Cry and Everytime, Thank u Next had Bad Idea and In My Head, Dangerous Woman had Bad Decisions. The closest this album has to a song like that is Supernatural, and while that’s a great song, it isn’t much better than the other great and catchy songs on the album. The main feature that sticks out throughout the album is how short the songs feel. That isn’t really a criticism though since the songs are good, it’s really short and sweet. I also really like the interlude into Eternal Sunshine. The Instrumental to Eternal Sunshine at first sounds like it could be a Bladee song. In general the more catchy songs on the album like Bye and We Can’t Be Friends have a nice modern disco feel that’s actually catchy, not annoying like Yes And. 

Overall, 7/10. Well done Ari :gclap:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

the more i listen to this album, the more i love it. and guess what... the way she uses trap sounds here is like excellent, not cheap & annoying like Positions, and dare i say, the trap beats sounds even better than Thank u next

in terms of songwriting and lyrical content, if you say she wrote all these songs herself, this is her story, her honesty, her authenticity, i'd fucking believe it because this is the first time i feel this raw, this real and "human" in an Ari's project. While thank u next is not as convincing to show me the songwriter that she is.

Yeah, i think i have to put this album on the same level with sweetener - her magnum opus.

we cant be friends should be nominated for SOTY or i will riot.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Someone gimme some alt covers for Eternal Sunshine cause the cheap fabric gloves over our face pose is just not serving it for me.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I have been listening to Eternal Sunshine almost every day since it came out. The only complaints I have are: it's a bit too short, Yes, And? shouldn't be on the album (it doesn't fit with the rest of the songs on the album). The concept is great. The lyrics are great. The music video for We Can't Be Friends (Wait For Your Love) makes me cry everytime I watch it (it's my favorite music video of hers). I might go back and really listen to her other albums. I started listening to her albums when Sweetener came out and I only liked a few songs on it (it was the same with Thank You, Next although I like Thank You, Next a bit more than Sweetener).  I like a few songs on Positions as well.

This album is just her best by a mile. So beautiful and easy to listen to. I listen to it almost every day and it keeps on getting better and better. I kinda agree Yes, and? doesn't really fit but still is nice that is there. Is one of the weakest though.

i feel like the only person who doesnt even mind yes and. i like the outro and the alternate mix or whatever is really good with those whistles in the back

Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes

:justride:

i have a feeling the only reason she made yes, and? the single was to try to recreate a "thank u, next" moment but it didn't really translate. she even said that we can't be friends would be more well received by the public and pretty much admitted it would've been a better lead single choice :tiffany:

that's what happens when you're on your own

and you're alright with letting nice things go

They definitely tried to recreate the thank u next music video moment with the intro in the yes and music video, it was a little bit too on the nose to be honest.

I honestly think that if yes and wasn't the first single it wouldn't have been judged so harshly.

There was too much expectation for Ariana's comeback. The song ultimately did not live up to that but it isn't bad.

I really do think if it had been a surprise and first listened in context of the album, half of the gays talking bad about the song would have been tweeting like:
"YES AND????!!?!?!!? OH MY GOD ITS GIVING 90s HOUSE DOWN BOOTS!! *fan clacking drag queen gif*

Looking back though, it was kind of smart to do a sort of throw away single while the general public was at her throat. By the time We Cant Be Friends video dropped, the hate train kind of died down a bit and this video really made a lot of people come around to the album overall.

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

The album is not that bad but those of you pretending it’s better than Dangerous Woman and Thank U Next… :bebe: 

the only BOP Ms here are Bye, Supernatural, We Can't Be Friends (Wait For Your Love) and The Boy is Mine… 

Couldn’t agree more

the boy is mine getting the most love and its soooo boring i feel like eternal sunshine's is sweetener's more mellow less talented and only sometimes enjoyable sister

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7