Sign in to follow this  
Jazzmin

Alizée

(If you have not come here to read boring biographies written by Jazz, just roll down and check out Alizée's music & videos)

alizee-corsicajaccio-vip-blog-com-910801

Here comes Mylène's sexually precocious protégée. Her name, Alizée means "trade wind" in French. Alizée was born in Ajaccio, Corsica and feels quite related with this place. She became known in 2000 when her single, Moi... Lolita was released. The song had lyrics written by Mylène Farmer and music composed by Laurent Boutonnat. There a chance you have already heard ML without knowing Alizée's name as it is her most sucessful single and it gained some international popularity.

At the beginning of her career, Alizée had a characteristic lolita image. You can see it watching her music videos from that era, her live album En Concert (2004) or hear it in first few albums Gourmandises (2000) and Mes courants électriques... (2003), obviously being Mylène's and Laurent's creation.

After she had stopped collaboration with the duet and decided to have a break in her career, she dedicated herself to her family (her daughter, Annily was born). Then she came back with her third album Psychédélices (2007). It did not catch so much attention as the previous ones but well, if something is not popular, it does not mean it is not great. And Psychédélices is, in fact, it used to be my favorite Alizée album but now I am unable to choose one anymore, loving them all equally...

The next album, Une enfant du siècle (2010) is claimed to be "a radical change". The lyrics of released songs, written in French, English and Spanish, describe the life of Edie Sedgwick. Being hard electronic pop, it did not satisfy all Alizée fans though.

Now it is 2013 and in March this year she released 5. If you are tired of electronical beats of UEDS, here comes the relief - it is something of a renewed '60s style, inspired by France Gall's music.

Alizee-et-ses-fans-poitevins_reference.j

Music videos:

Moi... Lolita

L'Alizé

Parler tout bas

Gourmandises

J'en ai marre!

J'ai pas vingt ans

A contre courant

Mademoiselle Juliette

Fifty-Sixty

Les collines (never leave you)

A cause de l'automne

Some more songs:

Lui ou toi

J.B.G.

Veni vedi vici

Toc de mac

Amélie m'a dit

L'e-mail a des ailes

Youpidou

Mon taxi driver

Jamais Plus

Lilly Town

Grand Central

Limelight

Factory Girl

10 ans

Je veux bien

Happy End

And the wind I know it’s cold

I remember hearing "Moi Lolita" so many times when I was a child. Love(d) that song  :legend:

I don't think I've heard anything else besides that  :ohno:

You heard a song written by Mylène Farmer for Christ's sake.  :judgingu3:

Poor Alizée! She's amazing but always inevitably connected to Mylène Farmer... :creep: 

I fucking love her. I was like so close to making a thread dedicated to her but I thought no one would reply.

I guess I was wrong!

I found her out when Mademoiselle Juliette came out, and I fell in love. though, Gourmandises is deffo her best album. It's so timeless..

BTW, she and Yelle are the main reasons I started studying french :3

I don't think I've heard anything else besides that  :ohno:

Maybe you've heard "J'ai pas vingt ans"? It's also her popular song, although not as much as "Moi... Lolita". You might've heard "J'en ai marre!" too. The rest of her songs is unfortunetely hardly played in radios outside France :( .

Poor Alizée! She's amazing but always inevitably connected to Mylène Farmer... :creep:

You are right! I hate reading people comparing her to MF all the time, saying Lili's not as talented as the red-haired singer... As if you couldn't love them both at the same time. :lanasrs: Some people can't forgive her she's not a lolita anymore - come on, even Humbert Humbert knew little girls eventually grow up. Don't get me wrong, I'm alright with it when someone just doesn't like her or judges her music negatively - but saying it's bad only because she is not Mylène... WTF

I fucking love her. I was like so close to making a thread dedicated to her but I thought no one would reply.

I guess I was wrong!

Hahaha, I'm so happy you were wrong no one would reply! What I mean is that I'm just sooo glad to see replies like those, you guys. :3

BTW, she and Yelle are the main reasons I started studying french :3

For me Alizée is the main reason I started studying French too!

Have all of her records and would love to get her Live DVD which is goddam expensive!

Oh, I'm sorry about this :( . Here in Poland it wasn't very expensive for me to buy her Live DVD but it all depends on the country you live in... Anyway, I hope you will finally get it one day! :thankyou:

Oh, I'm sorry about this :( . Here in Poland it wasn't very expensive for me to buy her Live DVD but it all depends on the country you live in... Anyway, I hope you will finally get it one day! :thankyou:

Hi Jazzmin, 

do you maybe have a link to order it from Poland, or did you buy the DVD at a real music store? 

Hi Jazzmin, 

do you maybe have a link to order it from Poland, or did you buy the DVD at a real music store? 

Unfortunetely I haven't seen any Alizée CDs/DVDs in real music stores. When it comes to Polish online stores, you can order EC here: http://www.fan.pl/katalog/p90723410_alizee_en_concert.html .

Alizée wants to release her 6th album on the spring 2014:

http://www.metronews.fr/culture/danse-avec-les-stars-4-alizee-avec-gregoire-lyonnet-c-est-une-tres-belle-histoire/mmkx!3zPfOTuNI9LxI/

Quels sont vos prochains projets ?

Je vais essayer de préparer mon nouvel album. Pendant quelques semaines, je me suis consacrée à la danse et je n'ai pas eu le temps de réfléchir à tout ça. Dès demain, je commence mes rendez-vous et mes séances en studio. Je vais essayer de le sortir au printemps. Ce ne sera pas un CD de reprises, j'ai envie de faire un disque dans la continuité de mes autres projets, c'est-à-dire un album qui me ressemble.

In another interview she talks about the genre of the to-be-released album:

http://www.lematin.ch/people/alizee-samedi-j-depasse-douleur/story/29154733

Quels sont vos projets côté chanson?

Je travaille déjà sur un nouvel album. Je vais rentrer en studio la semaine prochaine. J’espère que le public qui m’a suivie tout au long de cette émission va également me suivre dans cette nouvelle étape. Ce sera de la variété pop, des choses que l’on aime écouter et sur lesquelles on aime danser!

So it's gonna be music you can dance to. No information about her music/culture in general inspirations, though.

Well, wouldn't be it SO FREAKING AWESOME if both Lili and Lana released new albums next year!? Yet maybe we shouldn't be that optimistic, I dunno. IMHO Alizée is likely to postpone it, although she wants to release a new album ASAP because she's gained some popularity since she took part in "Danse avec les stars". But I don't know if she'll manage to make it, she has to work damn fast.

I'm happy anyway ^^ .

Any good websites or tour dates out?

I'm not involved in the "Alizée community" to an extreme extend but I do have an account on http://www.alizee-forum.com/forum.php , there are many awesome people there ^^ . The posts are visiable to guests as well so you can see the news or whatever. I generally rely on the news posted on the forum and really seldom check out some fanpages. A great source of Alizée related stuff is http://www.alizeeart.com/ . The administrator posts news as well. And I recommend http://alizee-reflections.net/ - it's a page with translations of Alizée's songs, I often found it helpful at learning French as it includes both literal and unliteral translations.

Unfortunetely, there haven't been any tour dates announced :( .

I'm not involved in the "Alizée community" to an extreme extend but I do have an account on http://www.alizee-forum.com/forum.php , there are many awesome people there ^^ . The posts are visiable to guests as well so you can see the news or whatever. I generally rely on the news posted on the forum and really seldom check out some fanpages. A great source of Alizée related stuff is http://www.alizeeart.com/ . The administrator posts news as well. And I recommend http://alizee-reflections.net/ - it's a page with translations of Alizée's songs, I often found it helpful at learning French as it includes both literal and unliteral translations.

Unfortunetely, there haven't been any tour dates announced :( .

THANKS!!! I'll try that.

I watched a French interview yesterday (was a TV Show on YouTube where she was a guest), she already was on tour when the album came out. I am too late ...

I watched a French interview yesterday (was a TV Show on YouTube where she was a guest), she already was on tour when the album came out. I am too late ...

Fuck, only a while ago have I learnt she's been touring (with others from Danse Avec Les Stars) :facepalm: . Yesterday was one of her performances, there are already vids and photos on the web. Anyway, now I can check them out, I absolutely adored Alizée's performances in DALS so I'm getting excited about the tour ^^ .

(Btw, recently in France she's been more popular than she usually is, being so because of DALS. I'm so happy about it, it means that not only people start to appreciate again but also that she has more opportunities to release a new albums, perform on shows and so on.)

I totally liked this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA5aP_ewhlc

She's a great singer and dancer and still looks like 17 ... like Avril Lavigne. I saw she's really busy on Twitter and Facebook, and hell, she got divorced? :lmao:

I think if they would do more European promo also more people would notice her new stuff. I am sure they would sell out tickets for small venues all over in Europe. That here 5th record is out just came to me accidently.