Sign in to follow this  
lola

'Tropico' Out December 5 + Official Trailers

I actually don't think they were UFOs. I saw clouds, and Adam and Eve ascending to Paradise. But I don't know whether she intended it to be ambiguous.

100% UFOs. She said there would be aliens and I mean come on, you could see the spaceships with their glowing lights.

The first time I watched it, the thought of them being UFO's didn't even cross my mind. It wasn't until people mentioned it that I noticed the resemblance. Now I don't now what to think but to me it makes little sense if they are UFO's, doesn't really fit with the general atmosphere of the video/songs, or with Lana for that matter.

In the last scene, I think too that it looks life UFO in the sky. Something weird. 

In some scenes she talks so soft that I don't listen the speechs or dialogs so well... Anyone knows if there will be avaiable subtitles?

4jkmc7.jpg

The first time I watched it, the thought of them being UFO's didn't even cross my mind. It wasn't until people mentioned it that I noticed the resemblance. Now I don't now what to think but to me it makes little sense if they are UFO's, doesn't really fit with the general atmosphere of the video/songs, or with Lana for that matter.

...But Aliens completely fit with Kurt Cobain!!! and I think this was the inspiration, sadly as always misinterpreted by Lana.

"I always wanted to think that I was an alien. I use to think when I was young that I was adopted by my mother because they found me, and a spaceship let me off, I was from a different planet. I wanted to be from a different planet really bad. Every night I used to talk to my real parents and my real family in the skies, [laughs] I knew that there were thousands of other alien babies dropped off and their all over the place and I’d met quite a few of them. It's just always something I liked to toy with in my mind, it was really fun to pretend that, you know that there's some special reason for me to be here and I feel really homesick all the time and so do the other aliens and I only had a chance to come across like a handful of the other aliens throughout the rest of my life. Eventually one day we'll find out what we're supposed to do." - Kurt Cobain.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OZKr1BVMPi4

When I was an alien. Cultures weren't opinions cobainart5.jpg

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

huh there really are ufos, i didn't even see them when i watched tropico. wtf that doesn't make any sense. maybe ultraviolence is going to be kind of outer space-themed? i don't think it fits with kurt cobain at all, she seems to have very shallow knowledge of her idols and i doubt she even knows about that quote and even if she did, him thinking he was an alien as a little child =/= ufos in the sky while ascending to heaven

2snD4Jf.png

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

@@lola I know a lot about Lana but a lot more about Kurt Cobain. She has referenced his ideas loads which, kind of pisses me off and as for Barrie starting to dress like Kurt lets not even go there!! :lmao:  For me there's way too much Kurt reference throughout her work almost like she tries to imitate him. I mean her and Barrie have pictures of him around their house and their not like teenagers Lana's nearly 30!  and the comment about Kurt being their only friend, it does suggest more than a 'healthy' infatuation of him.

I don't think he would have been that into her.

By the way it wasn't just a childhood thing the aliens, he continued to paint aliens up until his death and referenced them in his lyrics.

Every night I used to talk to my real parents and my real family in the skies....it was really fun to pretend that

Elvis is my daddy, Marilyn’s my mother....Or at least I pretend.

For me there's way too much Kurt reference throughout her work almost like she tries to imitate him. I mean her and Barrie have pictures of him around their house and their not like teenagers Lana's nearly 30!  and the comment about Kurt being their only friend, it does suggest more than a 'healthy' infatuation of him.

"Pick your role models wisely, find out what they did and do it." She said this in her MySpace interview and I really think she does this but not primarily with Kurt Cobain, I think she'd have a very different image, sound and just morals in general if Kurt Cobain was her main role model. She seems to be quite fascinated mainly by Priscilla Presley, Marilyn Monroe and Jackie O's lifestyle and looks, I mean she played Marilyn and Jackie of them in the National Anthem video, her vocals from the Born to Die era have been compared to Marilyn and she loves being loved and "she was born to be the other woman" (Marilyn). Whenever she's talked about Kurt Cobain (or most male men she's inspired by) she just talks about how she likes their face and that's enough for her which is why I think she doesn't know too much about them, all of her references to them are quite shallow. I think it's kind of immature how Barrie obviously imitates Kurt with his clothing style (reminds me of that guy from DIIV and Sky Ferreira) and how they seriously believe their idols are their only friends.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

@@lola yeah you're right it's not just Kurt she clearly morphed into Marilyn Monroe's persona. It's a real mix of idol copying which she openly admits in the interview, I guess I pick up on the stuff I know about cause I don't really know about Elvis and Priscilla, although apparently Kurt was a fan.

I just get the feeling that Barrie is just the same with the Kurt obsession, it freaks me out!  Someone did a brilliant evolution pic of him on twitter how in the last couple of months he suddenly started dressing up like Kurt, it really pisses me off but at the same time I just think he's a complete twat, like Jared Leto mark II and I really hope they don't start ripping of his music etc...

In the last scene, I think too that it looks life UFO in the sky. Something weird. 

In some scenes she talks so soft that I don't listen the speechs or dialogs so well... Anyone knows if there will be avaiable subtitles?

I made a video with subtitles for the spoken parts only (not the songs themselves, of course) - when I first watched Tropico, admittedly I only listen to some lines here and there - I was too distracted by everything else. But going along with what she's saying and how the images of the video tie in with it, it made the whole watching experience infinitely better. And I got to really understand what it was about and what she was going for. 

I made a video with subtitles for the spoken parts only (not the songs themselves, of course) - when I first watched Tropico, admittedly I only listen to some lines here and there - I was too distracted by everything else. But going along with what she's saying and how the images of the video tie in with it, it made the whole watching experience infinitely better. And I got to really understand what it was about and what she was going for. 

Thanks so much!!  :worship:

I know that it's a hard and tired work. Really appreciate! :gclap:

4jkmc7.jpg