Sign in to follow this  
brettsrebellion

Tips for Attending a Lana Concert

@@buster It did feel like a bit of a war zone!  Thankfully, while I'm not a large guy, I'm tall (6'1").  The 2 annoying guys on either side of me were short, so I had the advantage there (but also had the disadvantage of having smelly-hair-guy's smelly hair right under my nose a lot :P  ).  Also glad I was wearing my jacket, since it gave me an extra layer of protection between my skin and the barricade, albeit a small one.

Did you end up getting a pic or something signed?

Unfortunately, no.  I was just barely to the right of the stairs that Lana came down, which were facing to the our left (her right).  When she came down, she went to our left, but then when she came back, she went back up the stairs.  As she got to the top, she mouthed "I'll be back" to us on the right, but then never came back down.

I didn't see this myself, but I heard from a coworker of mine who also went to the concert and had a regular seat (she saw this on the big screens) that security had to lift someone out of the front of the pit.  I don't know if that person got totally squashed when Lana came down, or perhaps passed out or what, but that may have had something to do with why Lana went back up on stage.  (Perhaps the security people told her to go back up?  They may have also forbade her from going down again... I don't know.)

I have kind of a silly question...I've never been up against a barricade before (I'm from Alaska I'm flying down to Washington tonight for the May 22 concert!) but anyways..my question is, how the hell are you supposed to hold onto the barricade if you're reaching your hands out to get Lana's attention or something..(for example if you wanna take a pic with her lol.) also, since the VIPs get merchandise do you just hold onto it while in the pit? Or do you put the merchandise somewhere else so you don't have to hold onto it the entire concert haha. I realllly don't want to lose my position/someone push me out of the way if I end up being front row! Thanks:)

I have kind of a silly question...I've never been up against a barricade before (I'm from Alaska I'm flying down to Washington tonight for the May 22 concert!) but anyways..my question is, how the hell are you supposed to hold onto the barricade if you're reaching your hands out to get Lana's attention or something..(for example if you wanna take a pic with her lol.) also, since the VIPs get merchandise do you just hold onto it while in the pit? Or do you put the merchandise somewhere else so you don't have to hold onto it the entire concert haha. I realllly don't want to lose my position/someone push me out of the way if I end up being front row! Thanks:)

Good question. You don't have to literally hold on to the rail of the barracade. You can just stand hands free but holding on is more comfortable. When she comes down to the front, you can lean your body against the barracade (its very sturdy) and you can reach out to her. Its actually quite easy. As far as the merchandise, one show I went to, they didnt let us put our stuff in our cars so most of put the bag around our neck, others held it. It wasnt bad. The other show I went to - they gave us time to take our merch back to the car and get back in line by our number. You'll be fine. Get there early!!!!!

In my case, we got our merch bags shortly before they had us line up to go inside the gate, so I didn't want to take the time to run to my car.  But our merchandise consisted only of what looks like a large bandana with the Endless Summer tour picture on it.  It was wrapped inside a piece of construction paper to protect it.  But it was very light.  I had mine over my shoulder the whole time and didn't even notice it.  The girl next to me had hers around her arm and was letting it dangle down in front of the barricade.  You're not supposed to put anything down on what looks like little shelves on the front side (stage-facing) side of the barricade, but it's OK to let it hang over as long as you're holding onto it somehow.

As far as holding onto the barricade goes, it depends on the situation.  When Lana was on stage and not moving around toward the front of the stage too much, the pit was actually pretty calm.  I didn't have to hold on to the barricade, but I was leaning on it with my forearms.  That helped support my phone to take pictures and videos.  But the minute she came farther forward, especially towards my side, the whole pit would shift and surge, and I would grab on to the barricade with one hand.  I was also using my legs to help ground myself in place.  Sometimes both legs and at least one arm was required.  I'm tall enough that at times, I could reach around the front of the barricade and hold onto one of the support rails on the front side, but most of the time, I was just holding onto the top.

But our merchandise consisted only of what looks like a large bandana with the Endless Summer tour picture on it.  It was wrapped inside a piece of construction paper to protect it.  But it was very light.

Ha ha ha! I guess you haven't opened your merch. That piece of construction paper is a poster. LOL! Honestly, the merch wasn't too exciting. I only got Silver VIP for early entry.

Ha ha ha! I guess you haven't opened your merch. That piece of construction paper is a poster. LOL! Honestly, the merch wasn't too exciting. I only got Silver VIP for early entry.

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot.  It was a poster, but it got all creased and folded over when I was in the pit, so I tossed it and just kept the bandana-thing. :)  But same here, I got the Silver VIP for early entry and pit access, not the merch.

Hey thank you guys for replying all of your information really helped and made me less nervous!!! I'm boarding my flight in an hour to Washington and then Friday is the concert. So excited! And I'm definitely going to show up super early so I can be one of the first people there:). Putting the merch bag around your neck is a really good idea that I didn't even think of!:)

Hey thank you guys for replying all of your information really helped and made me less nervous!!! I'm boarding my flight in an hour to Washington and then Friday is the concert. So excited! And I'm definitely going to show up super early so I can be one of the first people there:). Putting the merch bag around your neck is a really good idea that I didn't even think of! :)

Glad it helped! Have a great time @@nickloveslana!

Okay - So I am going to the show May 30th in Illinois. I have GA Pit tickets, but not Silver/Gold. I know first row is probably out of the question; but I would still like a decent spot, so I am planning on camping out the night before, arriving at around 10 pm.

I plan on bringing multiple portable chargers for my cell, but I'm probably going to read/socialize with fans for the majority of the time.

How do people bring tents/lawn chairs? Like, what do they do with them/where do they put them before the show starts?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) 

Thanks

Lana-Del-Rey-adorable-gif-lana-del-rey-3

Hello! :)

The answers to some of these questions will depend on the venue.

Okay - So I am going to the show May 30th in Illinois. I have GA Pit tickets, but not Silver/Gold. I know first row is probably out of the question; but I would still like a decent spot, so I am planning on camping out the night before, arriving at around 10 pm.

Depending on the size of your pit, there's a chance you could still get front row, but at my show on May 16, for which I had Silver VIP, they let the VIP people in to the pit first to claim their spots. I was #22 of the VIP people. The VIP ticket holders filled up about the first 2 rows of the pit, so if yours is similar in size, you may end up in the 3rd row.

How do people bring tents/lawn chairs? Like, what do they do with them/where do they put them before the show starts?

This largely depends on the venue. At mine, some people got there even earlier than 10 PM and were able to park in the venue's parking lots before they closed them off. (Apparently, they didn't make anyone move their cars.) If you can't park in a lot, you may have to park somewhere farther away and walk a ways. At some point during the day, they'll open the parking lots, and if you've made some good friends by then and can trust people to hold your spot, you could take your stuff back to your car and then bring your car down to a parking lot. But depending on when they open the lots and when they start letting people inside the gates, you could run the risk of losing your spot.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

See above for some of what @@buster had to say. He was a wealth of knowledge for me. :) I wish you the best of luck, and hope you're able to get a good spot!

I am finally seeing Lana in a few days for my first time and I have a few questions.

I have GA Lawn tickets and was wondering what time I should get to the concert, it starts at 7p.m. I would like to be right up in the front where the lawn meets the seats. The venue is DTE in Clarkston.

Thanks! :kiss:

I don't think people will camp out for lawn too long. I wouldn't queue more than 5 hours to be honest, but it really depends on the love craze for lana in your area.

The area is not that big so I think I might leave at 4, Thanks!

I am finally seeing Lana in a few days for my first time and I have a few questions.

I have GA Lawn tickets and was wondering what time I should get to the concert, it starts at 7p.m. I would like to be right up in the front where the lawn meets the seats. The venue is DTE in Clarkston.

Thanks! :kiss:

If the lawn is BEHIND the general easting area (it was at my venue), I wouldn't bother getting there early other than to beat the parking crowds.  The people who get there early and line up for hours (like me) are generally the ones who have pit tickets.  I honestly don't think the lawn is going to fill up that fast, and even if it does, if it's way in the back, it really won't make any difference if you're at the front, middle, or back of the lawn; your view would be about the same.  So I think if it were me, I wouldn't waste my time getting there that early.

Me too! :) I have pavilion seats, but only because I had a feeling it might rain. Otherwise I would have went with lawn, because lawn at DTE is really nice. It's hilly. Wherever you stand, it will be about the same, IMO. So I wouldn't get there super early.  But not last minute, either. ;) 

So what we DEFINITELY know is that summer dresses are out tonight. LOL Bring umbrellas and jackets, guys! And scarves, and boots ... sigh.