lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

The drama. :sky:

Her singles never had much success in the US so the fact that it got to #2 on Itunes is already a massive achievement. Idc what happens next - the album will probably do fine anyway.

Now give me that music video.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

Dont think im crazy but i actually really liked the audio video and wouldnt have minded if that was the full vid, is that weird?

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Interscope never had a strategy about her from the beginning and that says it all about the manufactured artist BS. BTD sold well because it's a damn good album and not because they did some special promo with it. They booked her on SNL and Letterman, the only big promo they did with her, and that was horribly managed. They didn't prepared her for SNL and we all know how it ended. She's reluctant to do promo in the US for obvious reasons but to mismanage  a release in this manner is just bad business for everybody involved. To not have from the beginning one version for radio, one for downloading and streaming it's just unprofessional. I have a bad felling about the video and I think that it will have a negligible impact on her sells and the whole thing is shifting in an anticlimax. WC is good for radio and it could have been a major hit in the US but Interscope did everything to kill the damn thing. I just hope that I'm wrong because I really like the song.

And don't illusion yourself, she doesn't have the option to stay small. If UV will not be a smash hit she will be ripped apart by her haters from the US media and I don't see how she'll survive a second hate campaign. The haters kept a low profile because WC was so good and sounded different from BTD but wait for their fiendish writings when UV will come out. It's incredible the amount of hatred some online taste-makers have against her and she's not that strong

Exactly.  

k17pA.gif

At first i thought they have some sort of great strategy for her this era, but it's turning out to be a bit of a mess.

The messy, ever changing VAGUE release date for "West Coast" and The album itself. (the mess that was her website when they updated it with the false dates)

I think that Interscope didn't expect "West Coast" to do as well as it did in the U.S .That's why there was no american radio premiere or any sort of radio deal, no big promo at the launch week either.

I think they thought "West Coast" is going to be another Ride.

They underestimated HA POWAH.

The same thing happen with her U.S tour.

They have to add more dates and expand some of the venues because they didn't expect the huge demand for her.

This is like de ja vu.

It happened before when Young and Beautiful was released.

If I remember correctly, the song was supposed to be sent to radio station for airplay a month before the film. but they didn't bother because they thought it's going to flop digitally.

But they were wrong as the song shot to the top 10 on iTunes and like ONE DAY later.

They advertised it on ALLACESS for immediate impact to radio stations but it was too fucking late because the song peaked digitally already.

Is it all down to Interscope or is it the radio stations themselves? I understand they played the remix of Summertime Sadness but Lana's other songs never really get played on US radio. It seems like she's frozen out. 

The label have to push WC to the radio. The SS remix was a slow building hit on the dance scene and Interscope started to push it when was obvious that it will smash. Lana wasn't involved, the whole relationship between her and Gervais it's a clear indication for that

The drama. :sky:

Her singles never had much success in the US so the fact that it got to #2 on Itunes is already a massive achievement. Idc what happens next - the album will probably do fine anyway.

Now give me that music video.

She never had a WC type of song before and I don't believe in the "her singles never had much success in the US" mantra. A song has hit appeal or not: in my opinion WC has all the characteristics of a hit. Why not push it to radio why sell 300.000 when you could sell 2 mil.?!! They mismanaged BTD and they are doing it again with UV.

The wait for the subpar video :creep: i hope is not a long beach scene

Young and Beautiful (ORIGINAL VERSION) were played on z100 and Kiis-fm (the two biggest stations in america)

Kiis-fm is still playing Y&B pretty regularly.

Summertime Sadness remix is still played everyday on most stations.

Any song The Dalai Lana released right now could get played given the proper advert.

I don't understand why she didn't have a radio deal.

The Black Keys had one for fever.

Coldplay had one

Ed Sherran had one.

Lana outperformed all of them with "West Coast" during the first week without one.

LAWD "West Coast" could have been an instant a top 10 or even top 5.

Sales would have been way higher with a radio deal. She could even top itunes.

The biggest disappointment for me is the fact the that they uploaded a horrible version of the song for sale and killing the momentum of the song in the process.

Think you could maybe try to use paragraphs properly? :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I the new version of WC actually grew on me. I don't hate is as much as I used to. But I still think the first version is the best.

They messed up the chorus. The only good thing about it is that the guitars are stronger but her voice is just too emphasized and I miss the haunting voice in the background

You can listen to it on Spotify and get Lana some streaming points

I seriously must be deaf cause I hear no difference in the Spotify version. Can't be such a big difference... Don't get what you people whine about calling her frog and shit. byebitch.gif

Update: Heard the other version now, still deaf I guess cause no noticeable difference in my ears...

They messed up the chorus. The only good thing about it is that the guitars are stronger but her voice is just to emphasized and I miss the haunting voice in the background

Yeah, the chorus used to be so hypnotic. Now she sounds like a dying frog. 

I seriously must be deaf cause I hear no difference in the Spotify version. Can't be such a big difference... Don't get what you people whine about calling her frog and shit. byebitch.gif

There are two versions of WC on Spotify. Listen to them both and you will see the difference. The chorus sounds markedly different.

Sorry if I'm sounding fucking ununderstandable (too bad I know so few words in English) but "West Coast" is the very first Lana song I've heard in which her voice does NOT hypnotize me. Damn, I do happen to listen even to "Delicious" - shitty lyrics but as I've posted somewhere, I could listen to her voice for hours even if her words are all trash. As for "West Coast" I don't get that kinda thing.

No saying it's any bad. I just mean I need more time to process it. As for now... It seems all right.

And the wind I know it’s cold

There are two versions of WC on Spotify. Listen to them both and you will see the difference. The chorus sounds markedly different.

Really? Can only find one version, the one that's 4:17 minutes.

Really? Can only find one version, the one that's 4:17 minutes.

They are both 4:17 but seriously there are very little difference the only think i really don't like is that the "space sounds" in the end aren't as high...

I AM MY ONLY GOD