lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

They are both 4:17 but seriously there are very little difference the only think i really don't like is that the "space sounds" in the end aren't as high...

Do I find both under LANA DEL REY artist profile? I'm just seeing one WEST COAST there... I'm such a n00b at spotify, I can't britdrown.gif

Do I find both under LANA DEL REY artist profile? I'm just seeing one WEST COAST there... I'm such a n00b at spotify, I can't britdrown.gif

I don't know I just found out I had too different versions of WC in my playlist. But I never use spotify so idek...-

I AM MY ONLY GOD

There are two versions.

The original is Rob Ortin mix and new one is simply "West Coast"

West Coast gives me a different vibe compared to her past singles.

It's not sad. Ride made me cry, Young and Beautiful made me cry, Born To Die made my heart swell esp the epic strings the last part of the song.

Video Games: as soon as you heard the voice, the first words. goose bumps everywhere.

When I first heard "West Coast" I feel "Ok" not sad. I feel "cool" I guess. Like I want to put on some shades while listening to the song.

Her voice used to be DEEP, scorn and sad. There's a bit of that on the chorus but that's it. Not much on the verse.

The youtube video (both LDRVevo and her more personal channel) still says "official audio" on West Coast, so why all the versioning talk? If LDR changes her mind later, then we have [more] evidence that she changes her mind a lot, I guess. 

Looking forward to the video. It will tell us if she "phoned in" the effort or put substantial thought in it. Hopefully, it's as unwatchable as UV is unlistenable. 

If the first version is called Rob Orton Mix why is the radio edit of that version (3:47) called Dan Auerbach Mix? (they are sonically the same) I'm really giving up :deadbanana:

they are not the same. 0.o

Rob Orton is GRAMMY winning mixer. He mixed the original track.

They obviously can't replace the original one on spotify or she'll lose all the streams so they rename it.

They add the New one which is actually the Dan Mix they call it the original "West Coast".

So, regardless of what ends up on the album, I'm going to keep the "Rob Orton Mix" as the album version. I'd much rather listen to that than the other one.

I'm buying the other one too just to support the single and keeping it as "West Coast (Dan Auerbach Mix)" on the single.

:eek: I think after reading the last few pages, the disdain for the new mix has become significantly more apparent to me.

I personally really love the new mix, especially because of the chorus harmonies, but I still go back and forth between the mixes, I really think both are fantastic in their own way. I just want to see the video, and get it out of the way so that we can (most likely) see more from UV so that no one's ill at ease anymore.

I just find one of the versions on spotify. Maybe if you had the first one in a playlist before the other one got added, you will find both now. Or it depends on which country you're using spotify from, idk.