Sitar

New 'Ultraviolence' Song Title: "Cruel World"

Im not bashing Lana. And yes, she wants to do the high notes because she always sings them in every concert of hers! Except the last note which isn't important. When she starts in "drug suck it up.." she starts to strain and her voice crumbles to the point were she can't produce a constant note but she has to go lower to keep her stamina. Thats fine, the problem comes when she says "why come one come on" she either is very nervous, sick or has lost her voice. To me it looks as if the she thinks producing the high E will be very hard (and it's probably not difficult for her out of the stage) and either produces a higher or lower note, this is a sign that she doesnt have control of her voice at the moment and to control it she has to push. By the time she gets to the uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh part its obvious shes not comfortable doing it, it sounds very harsh and breathy and her throat goes up trying to control the notes. And this has happened in every American concert.

If you compare it too the European/South American tour where she did the notes effortlestly and they sounded beautiful you will notice the different. Shes clearly exhausted.

Anyway my point is she's either too nervous or too tired to sing those high notes and if she keeps straining her voice is possible she will loose it, so she should just avoid them and sing another melody instead. Fans dont care if she jumps the high notes I doubt theyre for that so to preserve her beautiful voice she just attemp them if shes feeling confident and wont rip her throat off.

she had said several times that when she starts the shows she's practically without voice because of her nerves, so maybe thats why she cant do it. 

she had said several times that when she starts the shows she's practically without voice because of her nerves, so maybe thats why she cant do it. 

Yes, exactly. Shes doing the notes, but in an unhealthy way. If she keeps doing it she will loose her voice. So I think she should stop doing them!