Sitar

New 'Ultraviolence' Song Title: "Cruel World"

how do we know that the intro before cola was even cw?  :ohno: couldn't it be another track or possibly an unreleased song we don't know of or just something random? She did that during the paradise tour, she sang a song and no one knew what it was. Idk, to me it just sounds like a prolonged introduction to cola. Not a song

she would never play an unreleased older song live at this point in her career. 

she has already mentioned to others that CW is her favourite on the new record

she would never play an unreleased older song live at this point in her career. 

she has already mentioned to others that CW is her favourite on the new record

Okay, maybe not unreleased, but  we don't that the song that was played was even CW. tbh i  doubt it is. It seems random to me to sing a snippet of cruel world at this point and as an intro to cola.

Okay, maybe not unreleased, but  we don't that the song that was played was even CW. tbh i  doubt it is. It seems random to me to sing a snippet of cruel world at this point and as an intro to cola.

I mean, she said "cruel world" twice in a fifteen-second clip. 

She literally sings Cruel World lmao

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I think Cruel World is more influenced by Chris Isaak's Wicked Game than anything else so far.  It'll be interesting to hear more of it since she really just kind of made this an intro to Cola. 

u6pq4c9.gif

Hearing the first few nuances of this and the full version of "West Coast" makes me think "JFK" was definitely supposed to be a part of this "Ultraviolence" era. I was listening to it this morning, and it has the same  raw, stripped down grandness yet somber simplicity of WC and CW. Like others in this thread, I know Lana will be ripping my wig from my head with this new album and never giving it back.

I've always wondered what the intro to cola was and I've always wanted it to be a song because I think it sounds amazing. Excited for this one just based off the title I feel like to going I be relatable

god knows I tried

I've always wondered what the intro to cola was and I've always wanted it to be a song because I think it sounds amazing. Excited for this one just based off the title I feel like to going I be relatable

CW is a new intro to Cola, the intro on the paradise tour was a song from a movie 

I think Cruel World is more influenced by Chris Isaak's Wicked Game than anything else so far.  It'll be interesting to hear more of it since she really just kind of made this an intro to Cola. 

Em... Blue Jeans, anyone?

ZmJh1LG.jpg

CW is a new intro to Cola, the intro on the paradise tour was a song from a movie

Ok ok I'm just a tinyyyy bit confused. Cw is a new intro to cola just for the tour or is there gonna be another version of cola and I'm hearing something about wicked games which I love don't kill me people I'm just confused

god knows I tried

Ok ok I'm just a tinyyyy bit confused. Cw is a new intro to cola just for the tour or is there gonna be another version of cola and I'm hearing something about wicked games which I love don't kill me people I'm just confused

Cruel World is being used as an intro since the start of this american tour, its a different intro from the one being played on the paradise one.

Cruel World is being used as an intro since the start of this american tour, its a different intro from the one being played on the paradise one.

Ahhhhhh ok thanks :)

god knows I tried

Guest Dot

I need a song like this on Ultraviolence. It was a missed opportunity to put that boring version of Yayo on Paradise instead of waiting for UV to use the slayage that this is.

She's having a lot of trouble singing the high notes in Cola, she's obviously capable of doing it and even going beyond it but she seems to get nervous even before the climax and you can tell because she goes off-tune everywhere, she fucking tense and straining her vocal chords like hell. If she keeps doing that she's gonna destroy her voice. I really hope there's not many high stuff in Ultraviolence or she should just avoid the hard notes or else she will end up losing her voice.

She's having a lot of trouble singing the high notes in Cola, she's obviously capable of doing it and even going beyond it but she seems to get nervous even before the climax and you can tell because she goes off-tune everywhere, she fucking tense and straining her vocal chords like hell. If she keeps doing that she's gonna destroy her voice. I really hope there's not many high stuff in Ultraviolence or she should just avoid the hard notes or else she will end up losing her voice.

she doesnt want to do those high notes on Cola thats why. 

she doesnt want to do those high notes on Cola thats why. 

Im not bashing Lana. And yes, she wants to do the high notes because she always sings them in every concert of hers! Except the last note which isn't important. When she starts in "drug suck it up.." she starts to strain and her voice crumbles to the point were she can't produce a constant note but she has to go lower to keep her stamina. Thats fine, the problem comes when she says "why come one come on" she either is very nervous, sick or has lost her voice. To me it looks as if the she thinks producing the high E will be very hard (and it's probably not difficult for her out of the stage) and either produces a higher or lower note, this is a sign that she doesnt have control of her voice at the moment and to control it she has to push. By the time she gets to the uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh part its obvious shes not comfortable doing it, it sounds very harsh and breathy and her throat goes up trying to control the notes. And this has happened in every American concert.

If you compare it too the European/South American tour where she did the notes effortlestly and they sounded beautiful you will notice the different. Shes clearly exhausted.

Anyway my point is she's either too nervous or too tired to sing those high notes and if she keeps straining her voice is possible she will loose it, so she should just avoid them and sing another melody instead. Fans dont care if she jumps the high notes I doubt theyre for that so to preserve her beautiful voice she just attemp them if shes feeling confident and wont rip her throat off.