Sign in to follow this  
Creyk

Lana Del Rey is the second most expensive female performer

Lana Del Rey is making a serious charge to the top. According to TiqIQ, the average price for Lana Del Rey tickets on the secondary market are $269.68 for her current tour, making Lana Del Rey the second most expensive female performer in music at the moment — trailing only Beyoncé, who is arguably the biggest female star in music today. However, the current comparison to Beyoncé may not be entirely fair, as Beyoncé will be co-headlining her upcoming “On the Run” tour with husband Jay-Z, making Jay-Z and Beyoncé tickets the most expensive of the current crop of female performers at an average price of $306.22.

In fact, it might be surprising to learn that Lana Del Rey tickets are now priced higher than those of more established female pop powerhouses including Katy Perry, Lady Gaga,  ( :troll:) and Miley Cyrus. Part of this can be attributed to the relatively rare number of live shows that Lana Del Rey has booked, compared with the long-running massive global tours of her pop diva contemporaries. Lana Del Rey has just eight North American dates remaining on her current tour, followed by five European festival gigs.

Lana Del Rey’s closest rival is Katy Perry who, by comparison, has booked 107 dates for her massive “Prismatic” World Tour. Katy Perry tickets come in at an average price of $262.92 on the secondary market, prices that may be diluted somewhat by the large number of dates available. The tour kicked off May 7 and will have a very busy Perry crossing the globe from North America to Europe to Australia until December 15

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2014/05/09/lana-del-rey-tickets-on-secondary-market-have-prices-among-pop-musics-elite/

my friend was about to go to the nashville show a few weeks ago and she said tickets were only 35???

im guessing 'secondary market' means those who buy tickets first hand and sell them at another price 'secondhand' so naughty really

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

my friend was about to go to the nashville show a few weeks ago and she said tickets were only 35???

I believe the articles talking about secondary sellers like StubHub, not the original tickets. They're saying there is a demand for tickets and people are basically paying the overinflated price (marked up by scalpers) to see her.

According to TiqIQ, the average price for Lana Del Rey tickets on the secondary market are $269.68 for her current tour, making Lana Del Rey the second most expensive female performer in music at the moment

ETA: Survey of secondary market now, eh? Or maybe I've been sheltered so much from the dark, shady part of the world. (yay?) Curious on how artists might react to that. Interesting.

Q: Your official sales is a flop. But let's hear the illegal download number AND the secondary ticket market, shall we? Are you ready? Are you excited???

A: Oh dear pirates and scalpers, I'm flattered? But funk you really?

Q: ...?

A: fuck you and thank you

im guessing 'secondary market' means those who buy tickets first hand and sell them at another price 'secondhand' so naughty really

I believe the articles talking about secondary sellers like StubHub, not the original tickets. They're saying there is a demand for tickets and people are basically paying the overinflated price (marked up by scalpers) to see her.

Criminals run, yeah criminals run, criminals run the world

of ticket market :creep:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

VegasBaby, on 10 May 2014 - 2:09 PM, said:snapback.png

Lanakai, on 10 May 2014 - 2:12 PM, said:snapback.png

oh yeah, but like evilentity said, the tour is surprisingly small.  she's become very popularized and the demand to see her is undoubtedly large, why is it so small???

you mean the venues that she chooses to play in and the amount of shows? idk i think lana really likes the intimacy of smaller crowds but hopefully with her confidence growing doing bigger shoes like glastonbury, coachella etc she may consider more in the future

In fact, it might be surprising to learn that Lana Del Rey tickets are now priced higher than those of more established female pop powerhouses including Katy Perry, Lady Gaga,  (  :troll:) and Miley Cyrus.

Revenge is a dish best served cold...

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

In fact, it might be surprising to learn that Lana Del Rey tickets are now priced higher than those of more established female pop powerhouses including Katy Perry, Lady Gaga,  (  :troll:) and Miley Cyrus.

Revenge is a dish best served cold...

2vc7ojq.jpg

The answer is 'now' :xgiggle:

The part that I'm more concerned about is whether Lana is even seeing any of the profit from these secondary sources. I read on reddit that another artist (Katy Perry I believe) has a clause in her tour contract that a percentage of the tickets that go on sale will be bought by her management (or the record label maybe, i can't remember) and sold on StubHub for more money than the venue is charging and she gets a majority of the profit on the "scalped" tickets.

I don't know if Lana's been doing that (I kind of hope not because it seems like the artist would be taking advantage of the fans that way, but at the same time, it's very smart from a money making standpoint) but if it's a case of just normal scalpers taking advantage of her fans, who they know will pay ridiculous amounts of money and Lana isn't seeing any of it, that is upsetting to me. Most of Lana's fans seem to be super young and not financially stable enough to be spending $200+ (and potentially additional travel costs) to be seeing her.

I don't know, the whole fact that her tour sold out within minutes and suddenly there are thousands of tickets on stubhub within the hour going for triple or more of the original cost is horrible and so shady. I don't know how some of you are going to her shows unless it's bankrupting you in the process or you have Sugar Daddies to pay for it all (I wish lol). I'm the same age as Lana, I have a decent paying job with lots of spending money, AND have travel benefits to fly for practically nothing anywhere in North America and it still was going to be way too much money to spend on a scalped ticket for a 60-90 min set. I just couldn't justify it in the long run. :(

(On a side note, does anyone else think that there is a "conspiracy" going on with Lana in general, all her leaks, the mismanagement of everything she does, the way the tour was handled with scalped tickets... it just seems so weird. But I've never stanned for anyone else like I do for Lana, so maybe this is the norm in the industry and I'm just seeing it now?)

The part that I'm more concerned about is whether Lana is even seeing any of the profit from these secondary sources. I read on reddit that another artist (Katy Perry I believe) has a clause in her tour contract that a percentage of the tickets that go on sale will be bought by her management (or the record label maybe, i can't remember) and sold on StubHub for more money than the venue is charging and she gets a majority of the profit on the "scalped" tickets.

sounds legit. ive also read her management has faked a lot  of her twitter followers also and that she 'bought' her star on the walk of fame. her 'career' is a joke tbh

you mean the venues that she chooses to play in and the amount of shows? idk i think lana really likes the intimacy of smaller crowds but hopefully with her confidence growing doing bigger shoes like glastonbury, coachella etc she may consider more in the future

idk if lana wants to play bigger shoes though..  :creepna:

but no i mean that the number is so small, she is pretty popular and i understand she wants a more intimate set but why the lack of shows??

(On a side note, does anyone else think that there is a "conspiracy" going on with Lana in general, all her leaks, the mismanagement of everything she does, the way the tour was handled with scalped tickets... it just seems so weird. But I've never stanned for anyone else like I do for Lana, so maybe this is the norm in the industry and I'm just seeing it now?)

in regards to her leaks, no, because near a hundred (if not more) of her songs were leaked, and this was after she became popular. if her record wanted to cause some sort of attention they wouldn't have done so many.

tickets is different, because when my friend went to go to buy tickets for the nashville show they literally were gone within two hours, so i wouldn't be surprised if her label had anything to do with it. its either them or some company who bought them all and is mass selling them everywhere for high prices

sounds legit. ive also read her management has faked a lot  of her twitter followers also and that she 'bought' her star on the walk of fame. her 'career' is a joke tbh

seriously? would this have anything to do with her dad considering he bought her off her first record deal