Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

If you could change one of Lana's albums...

In UV

I'd change G&R for Wait For Life (I know it's from Emile but damn it's good af and would fit perfectly in UV)

I love Wait for Life too, but you can't come for G&R like that!!! Lol just kidding, to each their own. I'd like to have WFL added in addition to all the songs. That, or if we had to remove one for WFL I'd probably pick TOW. 

A.K.A and BTD are perfect imo.

However I wish UV had the full tracklist. Hopefully one day UV will be re-released as an anniversary edition (Along with the demos and the original version of UV of course-let me dream :creep: :sadcore2:  ) that includes ITH/Flipside.

HM is the album I would change the most.So I'm going to list them -

1. The messy album artwork and visuals. I've grown use to it now but I still hate it so bloody much and its a shame that the original photo-shoot with Neil Krug wasn't used (Hopefully we will see most of it in the photo book that's in the HM boxset). The good sis Chuck can not take a good photo for shit tbh She has her odd moments of glory here and there but still the album cover is a prime example that you shouldn't involve your family in your work

2.HBTB should not of been the lead single at all - it shouldn't of been on the album :toofunny:. It should've of been either MTWBT,Freak or even Art Deco.

3. I feel that even the promo singles were off too  with the exception of TLY. TBD, Salvatore and along with TLY would've been perfect and promoted the feel/sound of the album much better than the ones that were officially chosen.

4. The version of HM that was played when when Lana preformed at Maida Vale should've been the version that was on HM. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

This is probably the most unpopular opinion in the world, but I think there are too many songs on Honeymoon. I would make the track list something like this:

1. Honeymoon

2. Music To Watch Boys To

3. Terrence Loves You

4. God Knows I Tried

5. Religion

6. Art Deco

7. High By The Beach

8. Salvatore

9. The Blackest Day

10. Swan Song

Freak is literally one of the worst songs she's released, it's messy and the lyrics are embarrassingly terrible. 24 is a good song and it would've been an amazing Bond theme, but it feels out of place on the album. Burnt Norton is nice but it feels kind of pretentious and it's not really necessary on the album. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is an amazing song, but Lana's version simply lacks emotion and it doesn't even come close to Nina's version. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Wait For Life was actually supposed to be on UV but they scrapped it.

Oh really? Did she said that in a interview or something?  :deadbanana:

I love Wait for Life too, but you can't come for G&R like that!!! Lol just kidding, to each their own. I'd like to have WFL added in addition to all the songs. That, or if we had to remove one for WFL I'd probably pick TOW. 

Yeah, like I don't hate G&R but I feel like's the weakest in UV and I skip it a lot  :teehee: That last chorus kills me tho

8nl2OpX.png

A.K.A and BTD are perfect imo.

However I wish UV had the full tracklist. Hopefully one day UV will be re-released as an anniversary edition (Along with the demos and the original version of UV of course-let me dream :creep: :sadcore2:  ) that includes ITH/Flipside.

HM is the album I would change the most.So I'm going to list them -

1. The messy album artwork and visuals. I've grown use to it now but I still hate it so bloody much and its a shame that the original photo-shoot with Neil Krug wasn't used (Hopefully we will see most of it in the photo book that's in the HM boxset). The good sis Chuck can not take a good photo for shit tbh She has her odd moments of glory here and there but still the album cover is a prime example that you shouldn't involve your family in your work

2.HBTB should not of been the lead single at all - it shouldn't of been on the album :toofunny:. It should've of been either MTWBT,Freak or even Art Deco.

3. I feel that even the promo singles were off too  with the exception of TLY. TBD, Salvatore and along with TLY would've been perfect and promoted the feel/sound of the album much better than the ones that were officially chosen.

4. The version of HM that was played when when Lana preformed at Maida Vale should've been the version that was on HM. 

I agree 100% Chuck is not a good photographer for shit! I don't even know how they even thought the Honeymoon cover looked good at all. Its a mess, plain and simple. The tour bus was unnecessary and odd to include in on an album cover. Yea it had the hotline number but the hotline isn't anything special considering Lana has forgotten it exists.  

Wait For Life was actually supposed to be on UV but they scrapped it.

Yeah, I'd imagine it was :( Sigh. It leads into Pretty When You Cry just as well as Sad Girl but is a better song (imo obviously). And the intro straight after West Coast is so gorgeous. This is how I listen to Born to Die, Paradise, Ultraviolence & Honeymoon, I would change Paradise to this officially too. Other things are just personal choices lel (Serial Killer is the only change that's basically because I don't care for the other song much though, SK is still overrated):

Born to Die

1. Born to Die

2. Off to the Races

3. Blue Jeans

4. Video Games

5. Diet Mountain Dew

6. National Anthem

7. Dark Paradise

8. Radio

9. Carmen

10. Million Dollar Man

11. Summertime Sadness

12. Serial Killer

13. Without You

14. Lolita

15. You & Me

Paradise

1. Ride

2. American

3. Cola

4. Body Electric

5. Blue Velvet

6. Gods and Monsters

7. Hollywood

8. JFK

9. Yayo

10. Bel Air

11. The Man I Love

12. Burning Desire

13. Chelsea Hotel No. 2

14. Summer Wine (with Barrie O'Neill)

15. Summertime Sadness (Radio Mix) (Extended Version)

16. True Love on the Side (Hidden Track)

Ultraviolence

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. West Coast

6. Wait for Life

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Money Power Glory

9. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

10. Old Money

11. The Other Woman

12. Once Upon a Dream

13. Is This Happiness

14. Flipside

15. Paradise Lost (Outro) - Howl excerpt from Tropico, and ends with the score

Honeymoon

1. Honeymoon

2. Music to Watch Boys To

3. Terrence Loves You

4. God Knows I Tried

5. Cry Me a River

6. High By the Beach

7. Freak

8. Art Deco

9. Burnt Norton (Interlude)

10. Religion

11. Salvatore

12. The Blackest Day

13. 24

14. Swan Song

15. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Ultraviolence: Replace PWYC with Wait For Life.

BTD: Call it "Off To The Races", with OFTTR as the lead single.

Honeymoon: High By The Beach not beign the lead single. "The Blackest Day" maybe.

P: Remake of Gramma or Kill Kill instead of Yayo.