clayford13

Promo Single: "BROOKLYN BABY" (June 8)

It is? I only noticed her and Katy doing it. No ones saying she's copying her or whatever

Nope, TS did it for RED in 2012. And also for Speak Now in 2010, I'm not sure about Fearless.

My favorite part: 

"Yeah, my boyfriend's pretty cool

But he's not as cool as me"

because if Barrie is singing this, it's a role reversal from the stereotypical LDR submissive lyrics, where she's in thrall to whomever she's singing about. BTW, I don't think she does that submissive thing all the time, but as her critics seem to assume this, I wonder what they're going to make of that one line (and Barrie's singing it). IMO, it's not about submission, but reverence, and it goes both ways.

I posted accidentally in the "unofficial video thread", but my main point there was that I'm fascinated that the song seems shorter than Video Games, yet it's actually longer. Do others get the sense that it's a fast listen (not tempo, but time duration)? Finally, I hope it's Barrie on the guitar too, and Auerbach did NOT produce this one (I heard he did 9 out of 11 in some interview). Does anybody know?

This song has given me a new life meaning. :hair:

From the first listen I was hooked. The lyrics are the best from this album so far. The voice quality is great. It's so playfully cheeky, and doesn't feel like a forced, dangerous relationship. It's not even fully about a relationship. Barrie's vocals at the end. This song is just everything.

2dt29zc.jpg

I didn't love this song immediately, but like every other Lana song, it got into my head so I was compelled to listen to it again and again and now I'm in love. Beyond ready for this album!

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Guest Dot

Well, judging by what we've haerd from UV so far, this should definitely be released as the next single! It's perfect for the summer and it's really catchy too.

Lana should consider writing more songs with Barrie. BKLB is the ultimate hipster anthem and its the best track from UV so far. Its lyrically also strong.I think its a lovely and sweet track. My fav part is near the end where barrie joins it just..well it makes me speachless. To put it this way this has knocked NA off my number 1 fav LDR track and its been replaced by this masterpiece.

I wouldn't be surprised if she wrote AFFA with Barrie--we'll never know~

This track is so great! Best production yet, and Lizzy's reemergence is fuckin me UP. The verses are way unexpected and lovely too.

i got into this song the fastest out of the four and i love the lyrics so much

it's hard to choose a favourite out of the current four, and god help me if the whole album keeps this up

edit: actually i think brooklyn baby is my favourite of the four, i love the production, lyrics and her singing so much. it might be a new favourite overall too, listening to this song is just bliss