Sign in to follow this  
Spac3gypsy

Does Lana regret becoming famous?

Lizzy: Yes, I just want to have something to do all the time-- and it's easier to do when people think you're great.

She really comes across to me as someone who is not so much obsessed with people's adoration, as resigned to the fact that sometimes she needs their approval.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I think Lana always craved (a lot) fame. Thing is that's not ALL she craves, in Lana's case is a little more complex then someone like Kim K or Paris Hilton because she also craves being deserving of such fame.

The fame Lana craves is not empty or fame for fame, she wants and craves fame with credibility and approval. The approval and credibility comes in the form of recognition of her work and her as a person and artist. The fame she craves needs approval from the public, the industry, critics, needs credibility and substance because that's how she sees her art and that's how she wants to be seen: credible and most of all relevant.  

She wants to be famous because of her music, others to consider her music/art  as beautiful as she does. That's another one of her addictions, that in my opinion, highly influence her work: Beauty.  She's addicted to beauty as well. If what she considers beauty is for your or my taste, that's another story. But her addiction to beauty is undeniable: her description of landscapes as beautiful, her description of man, her own description, the way she describes America beauty as a culture/country in the past and the contrast with the present. Her words of beauty also need to combine with beautiful visuals, hence why her videos are carefully crafted, even the ones we consider shit like the Iphone video or the Poltergeist video.

A credible, relevant artist with beautiful videos and beautiful voice and lyrics, that' how she wants to be perceived. Fame for fame is not what she craves, would be a lot easier for her to be satisfied is was just that, since isn't I guess we will see her get annoyed for the rest of her album releases. And no, she wont stop doing music, because like any other addict they don't stop until their crave gets satisfied, so until she finds the credibility she searches for she wont stop

I think she doesn't regret fame, she does have a butt hurt feeling and attitude towards the industry, mostly and specially the US and their critics.

glgcDdT.gif

I believe so. I think the backlash in BTD era made her resent fame. And as time went on and the lip rumours became more known she just became more and more resentful towards fame.

I think she has a bad method of coping with the HARSH critism by bitter critics.