lanaaddict

Question about 'Big Eyes' & the official soundtrack of the film

you know in movies they sometimes play the theme songs in one way or another (like when we heard the orchestra stuff and occasional piano rift of Y&B in gatsby), is that the case with big eyes?

I NEED to here I can Fly somewhere in that movie.

I know you can stream the soundtrack online but ive not listened to it yet, i thought id ask in advance

(going back to gatsby, I loved the choir version that was briefly played..man I love that film and song)

I've heard the complete Big Eyes song is in the movie once, the instrumental pops up once on its own, and I Can Fly is exclusively in the credits - sorry. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I've heard the complete Big Eyes song is in the movie once, the instrumental pops up once on its own, and I Can Fly is exclusively in the credits - sorry. 

That's weird coz I think I read on IMDB that a small segment of 'I Can Fly' is in the movie near the end (after a court scene?) and then 'Big Eyes' plays on the credits.

I would agree that 'I Can Fly' would work better in the credits though

Maybe its just background voices, like "ahhhhhh", through all the film, you know. And maybe I Can Fly starts at the final scene and when the credits start we can hear her voice, it fits. We'll have to wait and see it ourselves.

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

@@lanaaddict

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/big-eyes-lana-del-rey-749904?mobile_redirect=false

“Big Eyes” wasn’t originally slated for a prominent mid-movie slot

The number begins as an instrumental when Adams spots her paintings being sold in a supermarket, then turns to a vocal piece with a big, pronounced beat as the character returns home determined to develop a new style of painting; it slips back out of the vocals as Christoph Waltz’s character returns and confronts his artistically straying spouse

Not to leave Burton empty-handed in the clinch after “Big Eyes” got bumped up, Del Rey hooked up with co-writer Rick Nowels to come up with “I Can Fly” for the end credits

:)

For future reference though, a question like this probably belongs more in this thread http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/3625-thread-for-minor-general-questions-that-dont-deserve-their-own-thread/ than having an entire new thread made for it.  :yesnod:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Maybe its just background voices, like "ahhhhhh", through all the film, you know. And maybe I Can Fly starts at the final scene and when the credits start we can hear her voice, it fits. We'll have to wait and see it ourselves.

Yep, that's the kinda thing I meant. That sort of in/out reference whether it be a few notes, a small instrumental piece etc.

Thanks for all replies! :)

I kinda meant more are their songs in the soundtrack that sound or resemble the two Lana songs (like when you'd hear the piano parts in gatsby etc).

Not necessarily are the songs in the film (which we know are in a round about way)

I kinda meant more are their songs in the soundtrack that sound or resemble the two Lana songs (like when you'd hear the piano parts in gatsby etc).

Not necessarily are the songs in the film (which we know are in a round about way)

I don't think this is the case like Gatsby was. Because there's also lots of Danny Elfman's music... Well but I'm not 100% sure, you can be right, too. I guess everything's possible (it's Lana + Burton after all).