ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Yes the National Anthem one is great, when she reads out the Jackie letter its so sad.... massive moment in the video though, which although would have still been a good video, wouldn't have been as touching without that monologue.

I hear you with Tropico, I think I'm one of the few people who watched it all the way through and understand it and enjoy its story line. I know a few people who watched it and just thought WTF because they didn't really try to understand it.

glad someones on this level with me!!!

Katy Perry is amazing, just that this era for her really sucked and her Teenage Dream era only had like 3 likable videos (Teenage Dream, Part Of Me, and Firework)

probably for the same reason ppl watch gaga videos, too.

Gaga is talented, she can be trash for you or whatever but u cant deny her talent. 

In reponse to some of these posts up above. Sorry, people, but Katherine Hudson f******** rocks a stage with incredible energy and presence.

You need to watch Katy Perry- Part of me. it is a couple years old now, it is a 2 hour+ documentary type film on her rise to conquering this earth. Plain and simple.

She is awesome. Seriously an excellent video and totally down to earth no bullshit. Everyone should experience watching that, you will get a better understanding

of miss Hudson, and love her too..like we love Lana. :)

if people only like one artist and say stupid things about others, it really shows a lack of maturity, but again common sense is not very common.

You CAN like (love), a few different styles and artists, even many! Wow!! what a world hey?

she cannot rock anything lmfao goodbye. i bet you stan iggy azalea too. 

:toofunny:

Or maybe he has nothing else to do

Francesco is no Barrie. He's from a wealthy family, well connected in the showbiz and fashion industry. He'll not have an direct musical influence on her as Barrie had but in he visual department he can help out. Since Tropico she was sub-par with her videos it's time for her to come back with some killer visuals for HM

HfyI2.gif

her monologues are beat heaven.. but you probably wouldnt know the magic of poetry even if it hit you across the face :bye2:

shes showing art.... if you want plot music videos watch some Katy Perry videos

Lol k. So "art" has to be plotless and self centered try-hard poetry ... the monologues are a sad reaching for "art" when the initial video is about her fucking old dudes and making cheesy americana references.

But go ahead and feel superior and insult people, that really shows how "intellectual" and "sophisticated" you are ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Well, if  I could make one bet about the upcoming video is that will not be any monologue in it. I think that she spent all her monologue slots with Tropico so we all can stay calm about it

There needs to be a version of Godwin's law, but with Katy. "As time goes on, the probability of a pop music stan condescendingly telling someone to listen to Katy Perry approaches one." Not liking Ride doesn't make you unsophisticated. Art isn't two opposite poles of Lana and Katy. Accusing someone of liking Katy is cheap and pointless. People can like music for different purposes. Katy is a feel good artist, not an auteur, and I'm fine with that. If I want musical sophistication, I'll listen to classical, and if I want poetic sophistication, I'll read an actual poem. Let's also not pretend like Lana is the purest form of art or anything. She's a great artist, but she is so not perfect or even close.

( Dear John, please don't let me be misunderstood. :creep: )

I love that Honeymoon feels like a continuation of the song, Ultraviolence. "A history of violence that surrounds you." It's almost like she's dreaming of a future with Jim/alcohol that could never realistically happen.

I love that Honeymoon feels like a continuation of the song, Ultraviolence. "A history of violence that surrounds you."

I like that too. It makes me think that the album will be about the honeymoon phase of an abusive relationship.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

There needs to be a version of Godwin's law, but with Katy. "As time goes on, the probability of a pop music stan condescendingly telling someone to listen to Katy Perry approaches one." Not liking Ride doesn't make you unsophisticated. Art isn't two opposite poles of Lana and Katy. Accusing someone of liking Katy is cheap and pointless. People can like music for different purposes. Katy is a feel good artist, not an auteur, and I'm fine with that. If I want musical sophistication, I'll listen to classical, and if I want poetic sophistication, I'll read an actual poem. Let's also not pretend like Lana is the purest form of art or anything. She's a great artist, but she is so not perfect or even close.

( Dear John, please don't let me be misunderstood. :creep: )

It's not even that I said Katy Perry does better videos or that I dislike Ride.

I just think the video is highly overrated. Just because there is a monologue and it's high budget doesn't make it art. Like it or don't like it but I hate those people who feel the need to pose as art-experts and sophisticated. In the end, the Ride video is full of clichees combined with a pretentious monologue which may be personal but is much rather cheesy than "art"

Let me try to subtlety change the subject

Lana Del Ray - indie rock/indie pop. Coney Island/Nevada desert meets Lolita aesthetic.

Born to Die and Paradise- trip hop/baroque pop. Faded Hollywood glamour aesthetic.

Ultraviolence - desert rock. 70s Laurel Canyon, stripped-down aesthetic.

Honeymoon - ? Maybe blues/jazz fusion with a 50s New York aesthetic.

New releases are so exciting. :)

Lana Del Ray - indie rock/indie pop. Coney Island/Nevada desert meets Lolita aesthetic.

Born to Die and Paradise- trip hop/baroque pop. Faded Hollywood glamour aesthetic.

And with a cinematic feeling and majestic choruses like she said  

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

or nmaybe just Paradise 2.0 ?  :(

It's not even that I said Katy Perry does better videos or that I dislike Ride.

I just think the video is highly overrated. Just because there is a monologue and it's high budget doesn't make it art. Like it or don't like it but I hate those people who feel the need to pose as art-experts and sophisticated. In the end, the Ride video is full of clichees combined with a pretentious monologue which may be personal but is much rather cheesy than "art"

As you can see people have *politely* dislike your opinion, for a second time, so it's something. :)

As you can see people have *politely* dislike your opinion, for a second time, so it's something. :)

I never said people coulnd't disagree with me.

But posting "punch-in-the-face" smileys and saying things like "but you probably wouldnt know the magic of poetry even if it hit you across the face" ... thgis are things that make me angry.

I remember when West Coast came out, It was mesmerizing, different from BTD or Paradise but so Lana. I really hope that the first single will be at the level of WC which didn't become a hit but only because she didn't promote it and her label was off base with the release. I hope that this time she delivers the whole package (TV shows) we deserve it