ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Just listened to Honeymoon in HQ and it does sound a little better but it's pretty much the same thing. Definitely her weakest opening track, Cruel World and Born to Die still kill me every time the CD start  :cumming2:  I still listen to them on repeat. I see myself skipping Honeymoon after awhile :crossed:      

FFN_Del_Rey_Lana_FLYNETUK_031213_5103601guys...its so close...keep it togetha

LMAO I thought it was a fake pic, I had to google search this  :lmao:  where did she find this mess  :facepalm:  looks like a teletubbies costume  :deadbanana:

Ok, everyone is saying that Honeymoon's gonna leak because of the UO vinyl, but wouldn't we just have really sucky recordings? I don't really know about vinyl.

Not necessarily. 

lABVyGE.png

I still hate this fucking song

It's sad because the vocals are amazing, she never sounded this good but the actual song gets old so fast, it sounds like an ending film credits song, not an opener. The truth is that if it wasn't Lana I would probably just skip it after 2 minutes and never bother with it again. The hold she has on me  :defeated:

Honeymoon represents the burning pain, hidden within the dark blue waters of my soul of wanting to be with my crush....only to find out he's straight...and he is going out with one of my friends, and now all I do is dream my life away thinking what could of been.

:toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

tumblr_mgg7niY79H1qggpkco1_500.gif

It's sad because the vocals are amazing, she never sounded this good but the actual song gets old so fast, it sounds like an ending film credits song, not an opener. The truth is that if it wasn't Lana I would probably just skip it after 2 minutes and never bother with it again. The hold she has on me  :defeated:

I think it's great she released this song. Maybe she will finally see that song won't do anything for her in terms of pre-orders.

Worst of it, is that it's incredibly dull and boring. It goes nowhere and has no melody.

I liked the Franco interview. I didn't liked particularly Franco’s questions but I was impressed by Lana’s eloquence, she’s definitely a smart person. At least I got some clues about how she envisions her career going forward and what is her plan dealing with the negativity around her:

1. She will exclude the press (except maybe for some photoshoots and interviews with Franco or Chuck or someone who she trusts). This means that she’ll maintain the promotion at a minimum.

2. She will not perform outside of her shows.

3. She doesn’t plan to retire, on contrary she will come out quickly with new releases.

All of this is consistent with what she did so far. I don’t know if it is a good plan for her career, it seems rather passive and will push her in the niche artist category. But if is good for her it’s good for me until she keeps rolling out good music.  

I bought HM, TLY and HBTB in HQ. HM is still a 5/10 for me and I still think that it is a terrible choice to open the album. TLY is one of her best songs and if it would be more charged emotionally would be a 10 for me. HBTB instantly teleports me to the beach and I replayed it insanely and I didn’t get bored. But still, so far UV>HM