ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

There's no "hiss" or excessive reverb on Honeymoon. Wtf are you guys hearing? :rip:

Fairly clear on "Dark Blue" at 2:07 when it cuts out around 2:15; and there is definitely an extra layer of reverb on the iTunes compared to the YT (although this may be due in part to compression, even adjusting for ReplayGain)

Get better headphones boo  :crossed:

Fairly clear on "Dark Blue" at 2:07 when it cuts out around 2:15; and there is definitely an extra layer of reverb on the iTunes compared to the YT (although this may be due in part to compression, even adjusting for ReplayGain)

Get better headphones boo :crossed:

You haven't heard UV too? I must say. Thank god I'm not deaf. There's a difference between reverb and layering.

Trick question:

Yayo aka version vs Yayo paradise, which has more reverb?

Your answer is aka version yes? God bless you and your ears.

Where's the logic? Could you get me the uncompressed version of Honeymoon please? Because the highest we have now is M4a

What is logic about comparing 256 kbps M4A and 320 kbps mp3. There is no actual difference there. The difference is that itunes have remastered songs specially for them to sound better on apple´s devices. Sometimes they actually sound worse on other devices. Unless you get actually uncomressed format, I would hold up these comparisons

What is logic about comparing 256 kbps M4A and 320 kbps mp3. There is no actual difference there. The difference is that itunes have remastered songs specially for them to sound better on apple´s devices. Sometimes they actually sound worse on other devices.

Get better headphones because m4a sounds much better even in lower bitrate. I am sure other audiophiles can agree with me.

Get better headphones because m4a sounds much better even in lower bitrate. I am sure other audiophiles can agree with me.

No it doesnt. Compress song from CD to 256 m4a and to 320 kbps mp3 and it sounds practically the same. Itunes m4a may sound different tho. Find me ANY article which says that m4a 256 kbps are so much better than 320 kbps mp3 if you say so.

Some people still haven't answered my question?

Shades of Cool or Honeymoon? Which has more reverb and hiss?

Because apparently on this particular forum Ultraviolence "production" is very nice and clean with no hiss or excessive reverb. For me, all I hear is a person in a tunnel with a cold singing.

Oh well I prefer Honeymoon vocals because her voice is crisp, warm, and resonated throughout the song with gorgeous layering and harmonies. No tunnel or blocked nose.

Some people still haven't answered my question?

Shades of Cool or Honeymoon? Which has more reverb and hiss?

Because apparently on this particular forum Ultraviolence "production" is very nice and clean with no hiss or excessive reverb. For me, all I hear is a person in a tunnel with a cold singing.

Oh well I prefer Honeymoon vocals because her voice is crisp, warm, and resonated throughout the song with gorgeous layering and harmonies. No tunnel or blocked nose.

the difference between the hiss in shades and that in honeymoon..is that the honeymoon hiss cuts off very drastically all the time

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

No it doesnt. Compress song from CD to 256 m4a and to 320 kbps mp3 and it sounds practically the same. Itunes m4a may sound different tho. Find me ANY article which says that m4a 256 kbps are so much better than 320 kbps mp3 if you say so.

You can use google.com I don't need to search articles for you.

AAC is a newer and improved compression compared to Mp3.

Similar to how MP4 container with h.265 codec can produce better quality compared to .wmv

Similar to how PNG is the superior to JPEG.

I rest my case and need no further discussion, thank you very much.

You can use google.com I don't need to search articles for you.

AAC is a newer and improved compression compared to Mp3.

Similar to how MP4 container with h.265 codec can produce better quality compared to .wmv

Similar to how PNG is the superior to JPEG.

I rest my case and need no further discussion, thank you very much.

fce8f8988e419f5bd41e7ac3adb3b21dab7107f3

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

You haven't heard UV too? I must say. Thank god I'm not deaf. There's a difference between reverb and layering.

Trick question:

Yayo aka version vs Yayo paradise, which has more reverb?

Your answer is aka version yes? God bless you and your ears.

Paradise has more vocal reverb

"Shades" also has (presumably real) tape hiss and is quite a bit better on vinyl where the dynamics aren't smashed

not taking any more of this bait  :toofunny: