Fluorine

Charli XCX

what are you talking about?? 1999 was recorded before 2002 even came out! and she loves the song and that's why it's coming

Yeah but she was unsure about releasing it, and it seems coincidental that Anne Marie (also signed to some division of Warner) has had some success with the a song that is lyrically similar.

Yeah but she was unsure about releasing it, and it seems coincidental that Anne Marie (also signed to some division of Warner) has had some success with the a song that is lyrically similar.

1999 and 2002 cannot be compared, they're polar opposites. and no, she wanted to release 1999 since the day it was recorded.

Well sorry for assuming there's lyrical similarities between two songs that talk about nostalgia, and I guess we can't all be insiders so I assumed when fans at the listening sessions said Charli was unsure about putting it out, meant that there was some uncertainty about the song from her.

And again how was I to know it was recorded before 2002, not many people will know that and will assume it's written after the success of 2002, especially 1999 being released months afterwards. But y'know. 

Well sorry for assuming there's lyrical similarities between two songs that talk about nostalgia, and I guess we can't all be insiders so I assumed when fans at the listening sessions said Charli was unsure about putting it out, meant that there was some uncertainty about the song from her.

And again how was I to know it was recorded before 2002, not many people will know that and will assume it's written after the success of 2002, especially 1999 being released months afterwards. But y'know. 

literally even a snippet of 1999 was posted before 2002 came out. but y'know.

I was referring to this quote from her rolling stones interview from june 

What can we expect from the rest of your new music?

I’m doing a lot with AG still. We rented a studio out in LA and were there writing for a really long time. We’ve got a huge range of stuff. We’ve been working with a lot of really exciting people, from Tommy Genesis to Bibi Bourelly. The plan is to put it out whenever we feel like, really.

I was referring to this quote from her rolling stones interview from june 

What can we expect from the rest of your new music?

I’m doing a lot with AG still. We rented a studio out in LA and were there writing for a really long time. We’ve got a huge range of stuff. We’ve been working with a lot of really exciting people, from Tommy Genesis to Bibi Bourelly. The plan is to put it out whenever we feel like, really.

Those are just random tracks, not a project

It seems unlikely that there's a project/EP/mixtape attached to the monthly drops, so if 1999 does become a 'hit' do you think it will remain as a stand alone single or do you think they'll push the album (assuming there is something in the works)?

I mean if 1999 does well, I think Atlantic/ Warner will make Charli work with Max Martin more (which isn't a bad thing!). It'll definitely give them confidence to give her funding and promote an album

Because of the success of New Rules and One Kiss, they are really pushing Dua Lipa and she won't have nearly as much trouble releasing DL2. In fact, DL1 is being re-released with 3 new songs this month. 

1999 and 2002 cannot be compared, they're polar opposites. and no, she wanted to release 1999 since the day it was recorded.

She wasn't sure if she was going to release it or sell it to other artist... She told fans on the Secret sessions

She wasn't sure if she was going to release it or sell it to other artist... She told fans on the Secret sessions

Because giving it to Katy Perry or Camilla will ensure that she makes more coin than if she sang on it herself... Doing It was a certified BOP and it still flopped 

At the end of the day, she has bills and multiple houses to pay for 

Because giving it to Katy Perry or Camilla will ensure that she makes more coin than if she sang on it herself... Doing It was a certified BOP and it still flopped

At the end of the day, she has bills and multiple houses to pay for

Charles has a big house in LA she has some coins sis. I wouldnt buy something big if i couldnt afford later + she travels all the time with her friends. Atlantic seems to be paying her well at least

I mean if 1999 does well, I think Atlantic/ Warner will make Charli work with Max Martin more (which isn't a bad thing!). It'll definitely give them confidence to give her funding and promote an album

Because of the success of New Rules and One Kiss, they are really pushing Dua Lipa and she won't have nearly as much trouble releasing DL2. In fact, DL1 is being re-released with 3 new songs this month. 

I do hope so! It's still so bizarre to me that she is so stuck in terms of an album release, like she's not a debut artist, she's 7 years into her career with 2 albums already released... I wish they'd just trust her

Charles has a big house in LA she has some coins sis. I wouldnt buy something big if i couldnt afford later + she travels all the time with her friends. Atlantic seems to be paying her well at least

I know she has money, she has stated on twitter she own's 4 houses. But as a business woman, she could be thinking that selling the song to someone else will get her more money and she can continue doing whatever she wants to do. 

I am definitely not saying she is poor  :toofunny: