Fluorine

Charli XCX

Y'all need to be real here. I love Charli but she is not a good vocalist. Thats why she layers the shit out of her vocals, shouts her choruses, and talked her way though 90% of True Romance. She's very good at writing for herself to compliment this style, but she is by no means a good vocalist. 

how is she not a good vocalist tho?

i think this is good????

lABVyGE.png

I don't see the point to post videos, everyone has good and bad days.

Sure Charli is not a vocalist BUT she is above many pop girls when it comes to singing, I'm sure with training she can improve it. She is really good and underrated at the same time ugh.

I like the occasional song but I'd put her in the same league vocally as Charli. They know how to work their voices. They're not horrible singers, they're just not good ones, which is perfectly alright if you're like Charli and writing your own music and doing something fresh. The original comment was more a dig at how Selena doesn't write her stuff and now apparently she can't sing it either, so why is she here? People took it more as an attack on Charli.

Anyone can sound good on a studio track after 20 takes (not saying thats what happened just pointing out), hence literally any Britney Spears song/album. Theres a reason we haven't heard Kingdom live, and theres a reason we don't have more tracks that are vocally like it. I'm not trying to insult her by saying she's not a good vocalist, I'm just pointing out one of her weaker areas. You don't have to be a great vocalist to be a great artist, I'm just noting that its Charli's weaker aspect.

I think we haven't heard Kingdom live is because it's so irrelevant to her main projects.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

exactly. Kingdom is heaven. https://instagram.com/p/vmYI4oNn1E/ here's her recording it in the studio. 

I've seen the video plenty of times. I also know that the song was recorded in more than one take and you can hear how hard she's straining (much like when she does Set Me Free live). She sounds good on the track, but its a studio track. Ellie Gouding sounds good on her albums, but can't hit half the notes live at her shows.

I think we haven't heard Kingdom live is because it's so irrelevant to her main projects.

and I also said "and theres a reason we don't have more tracks that are vocally like it".

I've seen Charli 3 times live over the past 3 years. She's a great performer, but she is not a good vocalist. I'm not saying that because she's not a good/strong vocalist that she's less of an artist, again I'm just saying vocals are not her strong point. 

it's gonna be so cool. hoping rihanna gets a hit with a charli written song :crying: i am SO proud of charli, you have no idea

no bc then it's gonna be an I Love It 3.0 where people only look at the artist's name and then she ends up in another Sucker situation

BzhmW.png

no bc then it's gonna be an I Love It 3.0 where people only look at the artist's name and then she ends up in another Sucker situation

regardless, its nice to hear the way that rihanna is praising Charli, iirc I don't remember Icona Pop doing much of that

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Rihanna says she’s keen for the rumoured joint tour with Kanye to go ahead, but reserves her greatest praise for collaborator Charli XCX – “one of the coolest girls I’ve ever met” – whose work may yet appear on ‘R8’. “Charli’s just completely cool, so secure and non-calculating, and completely unaware of her surroundings,” she states. It seems Rihanna might have found a kindred spirit. “She’s just so free,” she adds. “It’s pure. I love it. I love her.”

CPiv_gFUkAARHER.jpg

Why has her upcoming clothing line been paid dust here?!

+ she's been hanging out with hannah diamond a lot so i'm sure some typea collab is coming

CPtCn47VAAAF4xM.jpgCPtCn4YVEAATByU.jpg

the dress is from her line!

she's (lookin super hot) at a selena gomez dinner party and according to fckyeahcharli on twitter they're gonna perform??????

CPtCtBqUkAAT__J.jpg

(^^angels)