Fluorine

Charli XCX

don't assume that she'll never release another album again, that's just silly considering it's in her contract.

i'm sure she will release an actual album early next year.

girl are we sure about this? omg if yes then yass. anyone know when her contract expires and how many albums she needs to release per her current contract? 

do ya'll think her contract expires after 3 albums and 3 album tours so that's why her label is only letting her release mix tapes and singles because they still want to make some coin off of her? Not only that but they still make money from songs she writes for other artist right? I have no idea how these things work so im just guessing here lol

So my White Roses mix it's on Xclusivejams and they didn't even bother to give a hoe credit  :facepalm:

I also feel this 10000%. It seems like Atlantic can't see that that's one of - if not THE - easy way out for both, especially Charli if they ever care about her (and tbh most of the times they don't).

I'm sure they're aware that letting her get it out of her system through an album would work however miss xcx is only contracted for one more album. If they let her release it, she's not obligated to stay signed to them after that. They clearly see value in her and want her to succeed in the mainstream (aka - make them some more boom clap and I love it money), so they're holding on to her until she has some music they think is worthy of putting promo dollars behind. 

They don't care about acclaim, pushing the boundaries of pop music, or artistic excellence. They care about money and how they can make some off charli, which is unfortunate.  

Don't get me wrong, I want her to release another album, I just shared my opinion of wanting her to move on from PC and to others that seemed unlikely since she hasn't released a PC album yet (despite having like 30 songs) - so I do believe that she won't release an album during this phase... and I'm willing to bet that if an album does come in 2019, it will not be PC music.

charli has talked multiple times how she finally feels good about the music/sound she is making. i personally believe she not gonna move on from PC music ( at least not ag cook) for a while. 

I’ve always kind of felt like Party For You was a N1A leftover just because it was debuted relatively soon after the mixtape’s release (I think?), and that’s kinda unusual after already putting out 10 brand new songs... who knows though!

Side note: the discussion about Theme Park being an early XCX3 track always kind of confused me. Do we have any more info on that? I could have sworn that Not In Love, Theme Park, Shut Up, Like This, Bel Air, and an early version of Doing It were all made and registered as one big pack (could be forgetting one or two other titles). Wouldn’t that make all those songs early Sucker demos? From 2014 I guess?

I know, it seems weird to me too. I just know that it was on a 2015 tracklist--a rough one, but it was listed on there next to No Angel and Taxi. Definitely feels much more Sucker-y than I would have expected. I think at the time it might have just seemed like it fit the concept she was going for. More playful / juvenile. Like Taxi. :rip: 

people are freaking out all over twitter and reddit thinking she’s gonna release the original xcx3 as her last monthly drop.... the DELUSION that that has... i feel so bad for her this is gonna be another situation where stans hype themselves up over nothing and then get upset at her just like with the 5am drops ://///

Glad someone else thought this. :( I'm already feeling bad for her. 

This is the dumbest situation sjsj, I always just think about in 40 years time when a documentary about her comes out, a whole chunk of her story is really just forum gays leaking everything she owns and her having to pretend like nothing's happening.

Yeah lmao. So embarrassing. I hope a ton of these recent fans drop soon, aka after Taxi comes out and it's not as fucking incredible as everyone seems to think it is. . .everytime I listen to the live clips / Discord recordings, I get more confused why Taxi & R&R are so obsessed over. They're just...just songs. 

Most of the parts are reproduced/new. They polished quite a lot of it, removed the crying baby, added a bridge and final chorus. 

Original is a very rough demo anyway.

@@Eclipse how much of it are Charli's vocals at all? Did Fred Gibson produce it & the original?

As much as I like the new music plus everything post-Sucker, I am really surprised that she's stuck with PC influences for so long! I'm kinda wanting her to switch it up now... Like

Yes!! Lol! I'm glad you said that, I feel the same way. I would like another fully fledged PC project with a little more going on, maybe--but she is always doing so much shit that I hope some of the ACTUALLY NEW stuff comes soon. I know that amazing clip is probably Umru, but I would love her to work with Jam City. Honestly, if I could have her work with any producer I'd love to hear her work with Arca, I'm sure they'd come up with some absolutely crazy shit. Or Sega Bodega, that shit would be AMAZING. 

We don’t need another sound change

Yeah until she runs out of 2015 demos to release.  :toofunny: She's gonna get tired of this soon you guys, it's just a matter of how long. 

Fair, its cool that shes kinda found herself... but I'm just surprised that she's stuck with this vibe for so 4 projects.

What four are you referencing? Vroom Vroom + two mixtapes? If you're counting the 2016 album proposal, I guess that makes four--but with different iterations, you could probably stretch it into another couple too. 

the 2018 songs are pretty much just pop, with some pc styled tracks like focus

Most of the January ones are with Cass Lowe, right?

Yes!! Lol! I'm glad you said that, I feel the same way. I would like another fully fledged PC project with a little more going on, maybe--but she is always doing so much shit that I hope some of the ACTUALLY NEW stuff comes soon. I know that amazing clip is probably Umru, but I would love her to work with Jam City. Honestly, if I could have her work with any producer I'd love to hear her work with Arca, I'm sure they'd come up with some absolutely crazy shit. Or Sega Bodega, that shit would be AMAZING. 

OMFG I want this! I think ArcaXCharliXCX would bang! 

this is kind of off topic but like how did all the Angels end up in a Lana Del Rey forums? lol I would expect this forum to be filled with Marina, Melanie, Lorde, Halsey (maybe?) and Sky Ferreira (if she still has any) stans. I came her because of @wheretfissticky mention this forum.

So any info on if BOIYL is getting a release? Or a HQ leak ?

If BIOYL gets a release, so should RNR...

I still don't get why songs like this can't be put up somewhere for all the stans to purchase... they don't need big promo, they don't need to go anywhere "big" or whatever. Stuff like this is where the die-hard fans could dig and look on their own account and officially purchase B-sides or demos that are solid, but maybe don't fit on a major release, or didn't "make the cut."

But instead, these songs literally go nowhere and never see the light of day, or they leak... either way there's no money being made. Nor the label or artist benefits... so why NOT do something about it and find a way to benefit from it? People want Taxi, people want BIOYL, people want RNR... and so many more demos... take advantage of the "market demand." I've seen bands release numerous B-sides, demos, even super rough cuts that never would never otherwise escape the studio, to fans, on deluxe albums, even on their own "demos album," a literal album/collection of just demos. And it's like, just like that... BOOM, they're basically putting another product forward, with minimal effort, and making free/extra money.

Idk... I don't get it.

y'all this weekend was just so fucking much i'm still so salty about her cancelling her Minneapolis femmebot afterparty like I literally flew from NY and had an entire outfit planned for it but I guess some fucking twitter troll managed to make a vague ass "threat" and the whole thing got cancelled? and instead charli threw her own private party with some other random twitter gays :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

Most of the January ones are with Cass Lowe, right?

actually charli hasn't worked with cass since may 2017. a lot of the 2018 songs were produced by linus wiklund, also noonie bao's main-producer. he did mona lisa, middle finger, white mercedes, the next life, and a few more. I really hope some of them come out!

If BIOYL gets a release, so should RNR...

I still don't get why songs like this can't be put up somewhere for all the stans to purchase... they don't need big promo, they don't need to go anywhere "big" or whatever. Stuff like this is where the die-hard fans could dig and look on their own account and officially purchase B-sides or demos that are solid, but maybe don't fit on a major release, or didn't "make the cut."

But instead, these songs literally go nowhere and never see the light of day, or they leak... either way there's no money being made. Nor the label or artist benefits... so why NOT do something about it and find a way to benefit from it? People want Taxi, people want BIOYL, people want RNR... and so many more demos... take advantage of the "market demand." I've seen bands release numerous B-sides, demos, even super rough cuts that never would never otherwise escape the studio, to fans, on deluxe albums, even on their own "demos album," a literal album/collection of just demos. And it's like, just like that... BOOM, they're basically putting another product forward, with minimal effort, and making free/extra money.

Idk... I don't get it.

i personally think that if she wanted to put those songs out, she would have by now. n1a & pop 2 were great opportunities to do so. also, there's not really a 'popular demand' for these songs, it's just a few hundred twinks screaming about them in her mentions & on pop forums. no angel had the biggest demand, look how that turned out. i think it's safe to say these tracks won't ever see the light of day unless they leak, which they will. once people stop begging for them the hoarders will have nothing better to do and leak them.

hands off, don't touch, i'm not your property, i'm leavin'

pester me again, i'm gonna have to kick your teeth in

200.gif

Oh, now he's laughing with his friends, they think it's funny

"She's acting like a virgin, bet she never sucks dick"

xcx girl in a xcx world