Sign in to follow this  
BlueJeans

Agatha Christie

Agatha Christie AKA The Queen of Crime 

Agatha.jpg

Christie was an English crime novelist, short story writer and playwright.  Her most well known characters include Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple, Tommy and Tuppence ... Let's discuss her work here  :D 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I'm so surprised to see that people here like Agatha Christie's work as much as I do ! Every summer, I take some "serious" books with me, just to front, but I always, ALWAYS slip a couple of her crime novels in my bag ! I think I read "Death on the Nile" or "And then there were none" every summer. It's like a tradition. And it never gets tiring, because her style and atmosphere she creates are so good ! 

I LOVE POIROT AND MISS MARPLE  :hdu:

Seriously Death on the Nile is one of my favourite books ever  :oprah:

What about the shows/movies? Have you guys seen them?

I LOVE "Death on the Nile". It has so many levels : you have a crime story, a love story, suspense, humor, a TON of suspects, all with highly interesting psychological profiles ... It's a bloody well written book ! 

I needed time with Miss Marple, no idea why. Whenever I started reading a book about her, it seemed more dull. I can't understand that now ... 

Yes, I love the series. The Poirot series is a part of my childhood ! David Suchet is the perfect Poirot, imo. Peter Ustinov is funny but he's not quite what I had in mind. I do enjoy his acting though. The one that played in "Murder on the Orient Express", ont he other hand ... :bye:

tumblr_m83x6gvG3M1ranhp2o2_250.gif

Don't kill me

71f42ded696513fd61e4f7b19e7e9175.jpg

It's okay. Do you enjoy crime novels ? Because if you don't, that's probably one reason why you never stumbled on her work. If you do, you will definitely enjoy her books ! Try maybe watching an episode of the series they made, like Poirot, if you don't want to read a book ?

It's okay. Do you enjoy crime novels ? Because if you don't, that's probably one reason why you never stumbled on her work. If you do, you will definitely enjoy her books ! Try maybe watching an episode of the series they made, like Poirot, if you don't want to read a book ?

if you're not gonna read her stuff DEFFY WATCH SOMETHING 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

The BBC did some AMAZING radio adaptations of her most well known stories. I really enjoy them ! (I prefer to listen to them once I know the story, otherwise it can get a bit tricky, having to get familiar with all those voices you don't know etc ... Plus English isn't my mother tongue) 

There are plenty available on Youtube, just search for "BBC Radio Agatha Christie" ... They're usually taken down but people keep posting them. They're available on iTunes as well !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EqCQ5Xgfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt8JejNnnVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKbnHQ0px4

So, I love Poirot and I love Miss Marple (plus other no-detective stories like "And then there were none"). But they aren't the only characters that she invented. Do you know Mr Pine, Mr Quinn, Tommy and Tuppence ? Do you like the stories they're featured in ? Personally, I've never enjoyed any story they were in ...  :teehee:

The BBC did some AMAZING radio adaptations of her most well known stories. I really enjoy them ! (I prefer to listen to them once I know the story, otherwise it can get a bit tricky, having to get familiar with all those voices you don't know etc ... Plus English isn't my mother tongue) 

There are plenty available on Youtube, just search for "BBC Radio Agatha Christie" ... They're usually taken down but people keep posting them. They're available on iTunes as well !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EqCQ5Xgfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt8JejNnnVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKbnHQ0px4

200_s.gif figured out what i will be doing for the next 7 hours..

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I was honestly expecting this to be about some shitty band  :toofunny:  I'm glad to see y'all enjoy her works. Five Little Pigs and The Secret Adversary are great. I went through a phase of listening to her audio books on a daily basis.  :flutter:

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Oh yeah, Five Little Pigs is great, too ! She always has that thing for the tum tum tuuuum revelations !

There's only one crime I was able to solve before the end, I think the English title Is "Elephants can remember"..

I've seen the book Death Death on the Nile once but that's pretty much it :/ We didn't even talk about her in English class.

I don't think she's ever mentioned in class, it's not high literature or anything, just good "who dunnit".