AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

26 minutes ago, Time said:

Question: Is there/was there ever any actual tea from an insider/SOPHIE herself/someone close to her about the sophomore album ever being called Transnation or it being scrapped or whatever?

an early draft leaked with songs + album title (transnation) but we dont know if its thaaat reliable 

2 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

an early draft leaked with songs + album title (transnation) but we dont know if its thaaat reliable 

I can confirm that early draft is real

I really wanna know what this new tracklist is gonna be 

2 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

This. Literally 0 ideas of a tracklist for SOPHIE/TransNation are out there… most of us have just assumed based on what was played live. But I think after the whole Wir Kommen / Berlin Nightmare thing we should def look through old Sophie sets from 2019-2020 to see what other sneaks were being played. I remember someone saying that the song used in Yola Dia to transition from NYBD into Instruction is even its own song. (The one with the lady going Fashion/Satisfaction).

6 minutes ago, a wild one said:

I can confirm that early draft is real

I really wanna know what this new tracklist is gonna be 

no shade to you but how can you confirm it’s 100% authentic?

To have fun theorizing I expect this list of songs to probably be on the album. 

Take Me To Dubai

New York's Burning Down

Burn Rubber

Satisfaction*

Instruction

Fields of Animation

Elegance

Transnation

Lock It Up

My Forever

Sunscreen

Europe for the Summer

In The Rain

Fly Bitch

Las Vegas

Rawwww

Spliff In My Ear (unlikely but hopefully)

This album is definitely a combination of Transnation and the new songs she made after Transnation. 

I definitely see this album being over 20 tracks.

4 hours ago, Fetiche said:

no shade to you but how can you confirm it’s 100% authentic?

i can't specifically say where it came from, don't wanna get in trouble
but i can say it came from sophie, and was just a rough idea of what she wanted to include

13 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

I stand corrected! 

lowkey thank god we did not get that draft! :brigitte:

Sophie releasing an album on her own terms and being praised for it is actually a much better outcome than a 5 year old posthumous album being released and being essentially welcomed with silence lol i wish we had gotten that draft (which is basically what we’ll be getting now anyway) 

13 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

being essentially welcomed with silence

right like where is the promo and all that like I'm sure Sophie would've wanted this album to get attention and praise and change the pop landscape but instead its pure silence outside the fanbase

and I don't want to be one of those people but there is obvious mixing problems with this album already and Sophie had a very particular kind of mixing that only she had so the new mixing loses a little bit of Sophie's touch but it's just wtv

22 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

wish we had gotten that draft (which is basically what we’ll be getting now anyway) 

right like essentially this album is the draft tracklist but just more songs added to it and some taken away

Oil came out with little to no promo as well… Idk why people even think a niche electronic artists POSTHUMOUS record should be getting as much exposure as a random pop girl on TikTok. Like. What’s not clicking. Everyone involved with the project has spoke about it nonstop.

additionally, we are not “essentially getting” the draft. That draft is from 2019. And notice how everytime it’s ever been mentioned it’s been described as “just an idea”, like, NOTHING comparable to what was actually going to be the album. It went through sooo many changes to the point where we literally don’t even know what final versions of songs played live sound like. They were being changed or altered every show. I think we are setting expectations way too high when in reality it’s a blessing this is coming out of nowhere 3 years later. We shouldn’t care about what songs did or did not make the cut or if it’s Transnation because I highly doubt there won’t be more SOPHIE music released in the future. Whether it be collaborators releasing their SOPHIE prods on their own, more collections, or what. But it’s not like SOPHIE stops existing after this album comes out. That’s literally the opposite of the intention.

anyways god I hope U Wanna Be Alive comes out someday. This is my Sophie song. Like the Sophie song made for me. This song is so special

Kinda sick of people not understanding what mixing is. Benny has always been a mixing engineer on SOPHIE'S music (alongside SOPHIE herself), and in fact it's extremely uncommon for artists to mix their own work. To be honest, most people wouldn't be able to tell a mixed from an unmixed song at first glance (unless the original was EXTREMELY poorly mixed). 

I think we need to trust that SOPHIE's closest collaborator and family member knows better than we do about her wishes and how she wanted the songs to sound. We didn't know her, we were not in the studio with her, and I think it's both disrespectful and unfair to create this odd and unrealistic narrative that Benny is somehow tinkering with SOPHIE's music in a way she would not have wanted for seemingly no reason at all. 

Yeah to be fair the promotion of her other projects has always relied on music videos and live shows and for obvious reasons we did not have either of them (maybe they have a music video ready to go for release date or for her birthday, who knows), although I have enjoyed the 3D visualizers. Maybe they could have campaigned for more playlisting to gain more traction, but beside that, I don’t know what else they could have done to promote this project without the artist; they even premiered the lead single on BBC Radio 1 and did a cool billboard thingy in Berlin.

On 9/2/2024 at 2:29 AM, czikszentmihalyi said:

Kinda sick of people not understanding what mixing is. Benny has always been a mixing engineer on SOPHIE'S music (alongside SOPHIE herself), and in fact it's extremely uncommon for artists to mix their own work. To be honest, most people wouldn't be able to tell a mixed from an unmixed song at first glance (unless the original was EXTREMELY poorly mixed). 

I think we need to trust that SOPHIE's closest collaborator and family member knows better than we do about her wishes and how she wanted the songs to sound. We didn't know her, we were not in the studio with her, and I think it's both disrespectful and unfair to create this odd and unrealistic narrative that Benny is somehow tinkering with SOPHIE's music in a way she would not have wanted for seemingly no reason at all. 

Every word of this

1 hour ago, czikszentmihalyi said:

If we're getting Transnation, what version do you think we'll end up getting? I hope it isn't the 3 minute version from the leaked music video, I love all the weird textural stuff in the middle of the two longer versions. 

If Transnation is coming we’ll be definitely getting something different since all the released mixing is sounding different from the leaked demos. Exhilarate new mix is actually good tho imo

1 hour ago, czikszentmihalyi said:

If we're getting Transnation, what version do you think we'll end up getting? I hope it isn't the 3 minute version from the leaked music video, I love all the weird textural stuff in the middle of the two longer versions. 

I hope it’s not going to be only the music video version, my guess is it will have that part, but it will also incorporate an ambient section and the more techno/upbeat part with the tempo speeding up gradually till it collapses. So like a nice upgrade and finalization of the first demo.