Sign in to follow this  
theeternalstars

Stage design ideas for possible upcoming Tours.

Hey guys/gals! I have some ideas for the set design for Lana's live shows if she were to do a future world tour or something.

I really liked the set design of the Endless Summer Tour and thought it was a massive improvement over the set of the Paradise tour (with the random furniture and statues dotted around the stage).

What I envision is a stage that symbolises both the West Coast and the East Coast. For example, the left of the stage could have a replica beach with water and sand and stuff, a bit like this

jpeg-84.jpeg

Over the fake beach would be a suspended replica helicopter kinda like this

001_3217.jpg

I know it is quite difficult to do this, so this would probably only be in larger indoor venues. If you're confused, the helicopter comes into play later.

This would be the left side of the stage, symbolising the West Coast. Lana could meander and sway and slut drop her way to the beach at the left side of the stage and possibly get wet :hooker: during the song West Coast or other beachy songs.

OK, so when Lana is about to perform High By The Beach, the spotlight shines on the helicopter. The familiar helicopter noise starts and Lana begins to sing. During the climax of the song, Lana gets a fake rocket launcher (aka nerf gun :creep: ) out of a guitar case and "shoots" the helicopter. This is timed with pyrotechnics on the replica helicopter so there are fireworks on the helicopter that emit sparks like sparklers when she "shoots" it. That would be the centrepiece of the show and I thought it would be a nice way to connect the live shows with this iconic music video.

The right side of the stage would have slightly modified versions of the Endless Summer tower blocks seen here

Lana_Del_Rey_stage.jpg

This would represent New York City and the lights in the windows would flash to the music just like in the last tour.

The backdrop would primarily consist of a replica of the now iconic Honeymoon billboard in the centre back, surrounded by fake palm trees on the left and smaller buildings on the right, which would help visually separate the two sides of the stage. tumblr_nt50i5Bdt01rsw035o1_500.png The billboard would be a massive LED screen like ones on Marina's Neon Nature Tour and would be used for visuals during songs. I would also love for the DEL REY illuminated letters to return.

I feel this stage idea helps to visualise the dichotomy of Lana's fixation with America by acting as a sort of representation of America itself. It would be beautiful for Lana to wander from the West Coast to the towers of New York during a live show.

Sorry if this was confusing and/or fucking stupid. I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions x

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I like your ideas, they seem like something a more efforting artist would do...someone who tries harder.

But wouldn't it be very difficult to set up a mini waterfall at each set? It seems complicated....

This would be the left side of the stage, symbolising the West Coast. Lana could meander and sway and slut drop her way to the beach at the left side of the stage and possibly get wet :hooker: during the song West Coast or other beachy songs.

OK, so when Lana is about to perform High By The Beach, the spotlight shines on the helicopter. The familiar helicopter noise starts and Lana begins to sing. During the climax of the song, Lana gets a fake rocket launcher (aka nerf gun :creep: ) out of a guitar case and "shoots" the helicopter. This is timed with pyrotechnics on the replica helicopter so there are fireworks on the helicopter that emit sparks like sparklers when she "shoots" it. That would be the centrepiece of the show and I thought it would be a nice way to connect the live shows with this iconic music video.

:raven:

-

I would like an ultra minimalist decor. Or a galactic one.

I didn't like all the spotlights on her last tour, that was too much, way too much. I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.