renaissance

Lana's Instagram Travel Diaries

in the sea of well-thought out comments what a constructive comment to add to the discussion :)

I thought it's a great compromise, I disagree with everything I read on this thread, but writing something constructive would be harsh since I suck at English  :defeated:

My last post seems very haughty and hateful I confess and so this one, but to me the problem is that you have too much of a "first degree" reading of the lyrics. It was heart-breaking reading this awful comparison between the choruses of Honeymoon and Video Games, I thought it's obvious you don't analyse Lana lyrics just like it's some tumblr teenager poetry or whatever garbage pop music. It's so pointless, and, in some kind, industrial. I don't know if I make myself clear but whatever. Art, nowadays, is about the spirit, the other sides you analyse are completly off topic, to me at least.

I also would have liked @@Body Electric 's response to your comparison, but man, did he have to slam HM's production so hard? I mean some people actually like it. :~)

Oh, well i did not want to come it across as if I would state it as a fact, it's just my opinion. I like HM, but it's just ... subpar compared to the other stuff she put out. And one of the reasons I think so is that the production is extremely undiverse and ... somehow lazy, at least that's my opinion. It's a good album but being a Lana fan I'd expect her to be capable of more.

However, as much as I don't want to bash her it's terrible to see how some people here overrate her, and I'm actually already a quite big fan. Lana's lyrics are nowhere near "exceptional good" and she's not a "trailblazer".

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

However, as much as I don't want to bash her it's terrible to see how some people here overrate her, and I'm actually already a quite big fan. Lana's lyrics are nowhere near "exceptional good" and she's not a "trailblazer".

You may refer to my opinion here, but you distorted it ; I only brought that her work has to be percieved otherwise, the side I highlighted is the only one that matters to me. It doesn't mean it's "exceptional" nor it is overrating.

Lana needs to post again to put this thread back on it's original track

SAVE US LANA

How did I know this travel diary idea would last for a few days until Lana got bored of it like always

FzytWEW.png

god.. i can't believe one person can be.. this lazy..

she literally made 3 posts then deleted 1 of them and forgot about the whole thing :rip: and y'all really think "she's finally coming!!" with this next era? 

lemme know how that goes..

EyKiHjd.gif

RVhKIwP.gif

Oh, and she needs to drop that "I'm a jazz singer now" -mentality. Like, nobody (or hardly anybody) is here for it. If I want to listen to jazz, I'll pick up some contemporary jazz records, not Lana Del Rey albums

where she just uses her laziness in lyricism for "jazz" Like zzzzzz-my fucking ass, bitch. Just because she is too lazy to come up with a proper lyric, she sings "aaaaaaa", "uuuuuuh" "ahaaaaaaaah".

No posts on Instagram will take away from the fact that this woman is for years constantly trolling her fanbase with lame excuses why she doesn't write as melodic songs like Video Games, Summertime Sadness and Blue Jeans anymore.

Enough of it. I don't wanna sit thorugh an album like Honeymüün again where is no excitement, no real hook, no anything except for cultivated boredom. We as a fanbase deserve way better than that. Without us, she wouldn't even be around.

She is a pop star. She signed up to be one. And she ain't no Nina Simone and will never be.

She needs to excite her fanbase and not let it rot away.

:oic2: yessss, look at you clocking the T where it needs to be clocked!