Groupie Lover

Is Lana Del Rey being controlled by her label interscope and being shut down!?

What I meant was that the final versions of the tracks were polished to the core and some of them have been re-arranged to fit the album concept (Lolita, TIWMUG). The two I've mentioned obviously had plenty of versions floating around, although I think it's still important to note the production of BTD was very consistent to the point every 5 seconds there are the same samples throughout the whole record, the same tempo of the beat comes through etc. Yo, Haynie :judgingu: You still can achieve consistency using plenty of instruments and different concepts, not necessarily making the whole thing after one fashion.

Although this probably isn't as suprising as I'm trying to make it seem - same stuff probably happened with UV and HM but we didn't get the demos as massively as with BTD. I'm still longing for them.

Oh i thought u mean "the label had so much to say about the record" as in the label tried to force some sound on her. Personally i don't think the instrumentals on BTD sound the same. Yes they all follow a general mood that the album goes for but i think all of Lana's records do that and i really like the idea of Lana doing this every time she puts out a new record. You have the hip hop beats and orchestration that are present all through btd but there's so much variety within some songs itself that the record doesn't seem monotone. I love how Lana changing up her singing style corresponds to the instrumentals and vice versa. The record really feels alive (and it's still breathing). 

i76mrxw.png 

What I meant was that the final versions of the tracks were polished to the core and some of them have been re-arranged to fit the album concept (Lolita, TIWMUG). The two I've mentioned obviously had plenty of versions floating around, although I think it's still important to note the production of BTD was very consistent to the point every 5 seconds there are the same samples throughout the whole record, the same tempo of the beat comes through etc. Yo, Haynie :judgingu: You still can achieve consistency using plenty of instruments and different concepts, not necessarily making the whole thing after one fashion.

Although this probably isn't as suprising as I'm trying to make it seem - same stuff probably happened with UV and HM but we didn't get the demos as massively as with BTD. I'm still longing for them.

I WOULD DIE FOR SOME DEMOS OF UV AND HM  best-of-shade-gif.gif

i will love you until the end of time.

I'd be so curious to see the 'original Ultraviolence' it's my favorite Lana album and I'd would've been so different and possibly even better with all the scrapped visuals etc

I would love to see her "original" video for ultraviolence

I do believe women in general are way more controlled by music labels compared to men. I guess there are higher stakes for a woman's reputation unfortunately. It's hella annoying, but I feel like that's what drives our passion for a lot of female artists.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

This shit has been going on ever since they wouldn't let her release the single for Cola. That's literally when she stopped giving a fuck.

They also wanted Black Beauty as a single but she prevented that from happening by making it a bonus track. It was released later anyway without Lana's consent most likely.

tumblr_n4tas9suZA1s73qs0o1_500.gif

This :) has been going on ever since they wouldn't let her release the single for Cola. That's literally when she stopped giving a :).

They also wanted Black Beauty as a single but she prevented that from happening by making it a bonus track. It was released later anyway without Lana's consent most likely.

What do you mean they wouldn't let her release cola?

This :) has been going on ever since they wouldn't let her release the single for Cola. That's literally when she stopped giving a :).

lana did wanted black beauty to be the lead single, but there are rumors that the track was leaked by her own label in order to prevent that from happening so lana would be forced to release it as a bonus track. 

i will love you until the end of time.

lana did wanted black beauty to be the lead single, but there are rumors that the track was leaked by her own label in order to prevent that from happening so lana would be forced to release it as a bonus track. 

i also think they have been causing more than that for her. Because things about her project only they would know were leaked and im getting really agitated.

uhm.. reading the interviews with people who worked with her and the stuff interscope said they would have been more than fine with black beauty being the first single, especially in ricks version. auerbach and his $10 mic songs was what interscope didn't like. 

she had her chance with bb if she wanted to do sth, her label even send it out to producers to remix the song... 

i76mrxw.png 

uhm.. reading the interviews with people who worked with her and the stuff interscope said they would have been more than fine with black beauty being the first single, especially in ricks version. auerbach and his $10 mic songs was what interscope didn't like. 

she had her chance with bb if she wanted to do sth, her label even send it out to producers to remix the song... 

our girl is stubborn and wants it her way  :creep:

I still don't understand why a label like Interscope, who has Gaga,Madonna, Fergie, etc. signed wouldn't want for Lana to release anything controversial ? Why not release the original UV video ? It could've gotten quite a lot of bad press but it wouldn't have hurt the album and single sales :diva:

giphy.gif

I still don't understand why a label like Interscope, who has Gaga,Madonna, Fergie, etc. signed wouldn't want for Lana to release anything controversial ? Why not release the original UV video ? It could've gotten quite a lot of bad press but it wouldn't have hurt the album and single sales :diva:

now im confused, is there an additional lost video thats jonestown inspired or they mean he freak one, tbh freak mv was calming to the first glance..

also can someone tell me what the three dots under my pic mean thanks

Mind you alot of demos and outtakes of btd were recorded in 2011 so we usually get outtakes from her albums after a awhile so dont expect a hm or uv outtake anytime soon (unless a leak daddy wants to bless the bitches and twinks of the lana community with the full unedited your god :) damn girl :) ...)

now im confused, is there an additional lost video thats jonestown inspired or they mean he freak one, tbh freak mv was calming to the first glance..

I think the footage used in Freak and MTWBT are just a part of the original UV video, which had a whole storyline and wasn't for sure as slow

giphy.gif

I think the footage used in Freak and MTWBT are just a part of the original UV video, which had a whole storyline and wasn't for sure as slow

you mean the girls in the water? what about the part where they re in the desert? also why do i feel like freak is a uv song? like it originally had a uv tone to it and she worked it into hm? 

Look at Gaga and Madonna. They have literally been forced to release all kinds of shit ass safe singles. They also destroyed Sky Ferreira and defended her album and then stole her entire aesthetics and video concepts and gave them to Halsey.

you mean the girls in the water? what about the part where they re in the desert? also why do i feel like freak is a uv song? like it originally had a uv tone to it and she worked it into hm?

I think the Freak video was going to be the video for Ultraviolence and Brooklyn Baby.

Those were the two singles that were left. BrB also had some official remixes that were commissioned but not released when Lana decided to cancel all promo.

The Freak video is split into two parts:

Life (the parts in the desert + their suicide) / Death (the white fog scenes and the water scenes)

The part of them dancing and swimming in the video was meant to symbolize their ascent to heaven and actually matches Brooklyn Baby quite perfectly. (Someone should check the length of both parts)

Look at Gaga and Madonna. They have literally been forced to release all kinds of :) ass safe singles. They also destroyed Sky Ferreira and defended her album and then stole her entire aesthetics and video concepts and gave them to Halsey.

I think the Freak video was going to be the video for Ultraviolence and Brooklyn Baby.

Those were the two singles that were left. BrB also had some official remixes that were commissioned but not released when Lana decided to cancel all promo.

The Freak video is split into two parts:

Life (the parts in the desert + their suicide) / Death (the white fog scenes and the water scenes)

The part of them dancing and swimming in the video was meant to symbolize their ascent to heaven and actually matches Brooklyn Baby quite perfectly. (Someone should check the length of both parts)

wow thats really eye opening i honestly would not think she would use that footage for bb? but thank you for clarifying. Sorry to bother but would you know why i have three dots under my profile pic? 

wow thats really eye opening i honestly would not think she would use that footage for bb? but thank you for clarifying. Sorry to bother but would you know why i have three dots under my profile pic?

It indicates your posting level. With 1k posts you have reached a 3 dot level.