Flowerbomb

Jeff Buckley

I love Tim Buckley aswell!! Particularly the Goodbye and Hello album. The vocals in 'I Never Asked to be Your Mountain' really remind me of Grace

That album is gold. I'm glad you like it! Mountain is so gorgeous, also very personal. :krylie:

My other fave album is Greetings from L.A. Have you heard that one?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

That album is gold. I'm glad you like it! Mountain is so gorgeous, also very personal. :krylie:

My other fave album is Greetings from L.A. Have you heard that one?

I have indeed - Hong Kong Bar's my favourite off that album

original.png

I have indeed - Hong Kong Bar's my favourite off that album

That's a good one! I like how funky it is. My fave is Sweet Surrender

I don't know about yall but I can't stand My Sweetheart the Drunk.

Grace is literally one of my favorite albums of all time and I love Jeff but i just cant listen to that other album

giphy.gif

Has anyone of you brought A Wished For A Song or Dream Brother Books? I thinking of buying both but not to sure if there good or not.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Has anyone of you brought A Wished For A Song or Dream Brother Books? I thinking of buying both but not to sure if there good or not.

I have both.

To say the least, they are the best books I own (and I have a lot.)

Dream Brother is very well written and the author has done his research. Each chapter is about either Jeff or Tim (so you can skip one or the other). There are lots of things in that book that isn't mentioned online, lots of family stuff like ancestry, how Jeff's parents met, how Jeff signed with Columbia, little childhood tidbits, great pictures inside, it's the whole package and I highly recommend it.

A Wished For Song is absolutely beautiful and the presentation is outstanding, there are interviews inside from Jeff's friends and page after page of awesome pictures taken by Merri, it's so nice to look at!

Grace is literally one of my favorite albums of all time and I love Jeff but i just cant listen to that other album

I get what you mean, I actually wasn't too keen on the second album either but the more you listen to it, the more it makes sense? But of course it was unfinished and I think some of the songs Jeff would have scrapped. But my fave is Jewel Box and New Years Prayer. :)

I have both.

To say the least, they are the best books I own (and I have a lot.)

Dream Brother is very well written and the author has done his research. Each chapter is about either Jeff or Tim (so you can skip one or the other). There are lots of things in that book that isn't mentioned online, lots of family stuff like ancestry, how Jeff's parents met, how Jeff signed with Columbia, little childhood tidbits, great pictures inside, it's the whole package and I highly recommend it.

A Wished For Song is absolutely beautiful and the presentation is outstanding, there are interviews inside from Jeff's friends and page after page of awesome pictures taken by Merri, it's so nice to look at!

Thank You :kiss: I'm definitely going to buy them now :)

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Thank You :kiss: I'm definitely going to buy them now :)

Yay! You won't regret it. After reading Dream Brother I felt somewhat more connected to both Jeff and Tim, like I understood them more. :)

I agree with @Arcadia in that it's one of those albums that you have to listen to a few times before you can really appreciate it. You can definitely hear the brilliance in it though, makes me wonder what it would've been like if it were finished.

original.png

Recently I have discovered a lot more unreleased Jeff songs on YouTube and I wanted to make a list so y'all can look them up. There are so many hidden gems floating around and I think they deserve a listen. Some of these will be collabs, live performances, or outtakes/unreleased recordings.

The songs listed below are excluding songs that can be found on live albums such as Sin-e, Mystery White Boy, Live at Olympia etc.

UNRELEASED COLLABS

All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun - Jeff Buckley ft. Elizabeth Fraser

Faith Salons - Jeff Buckley ft. Brenda Khan (Jeff kinda whispers throughout, not actual singing)

Angel Mine - Jeff Buckley ft. Inger Lorre (Jeff appears towards the end)

Thief Without The Take - Jeff Buckley ft. Inger Lorre (Jeff performs backup vocals and lead guitar)

Jolly Street - Jeff Buckley ft. The Jazz Passengers

What Will You Say - Jeff Buckley ft. Alim Quasimov

UNRELEASED LIVE PERFORMANCES/COVERS

Catnip Dream (Shonnen Knife)

Alive (Drugstore)

Three Is A Magic Number (Schoolhouse Rock)

Whiteman Trouble (Jeff sings vocals AND drums on this song)

Wild Is The a Wind (David Bowie)

River of Dope

Dido's Lament (Henry Purcell)

All Tomorrow's Parties (Velvet Underground)

Curtains (Elton John)

We All Fall In Love Sometimes (Elton John)

Please Send Me Someone To Love (Percy Mayfield)

Edna Frau

I Against I (Bad Brains)

I Shall Be Released (Bob Dylan)

In A Different Place (Ride)

Julia (John Lennon)

Farewell Angelina (Bob Dylan)

Will The Circle Be Unbroken (John Lee Hooker)

UNRELEASED RECORDED SONGS/OUTTAKES

Let's Bomb The Moonlight

Strawberry Street

Madame George

Witches' Rave (Outtake)

You and I (Guitar Version)

Peace Offering

Untitled (The Man I Am)

Ulalume (Poetry reading for a compilation)

Tongue (Rehearsal Demo)

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Wish this was more advertised. There is a European tour and I'm guessing this Alessio guy is supposed to sing Jeff's parts? Looks good either way. :D

Shit I forgot 11th March was the 1st anniversary of Jeff's album 'You and I' :defeated:

Honestly, I love this album dearly and I'm so thankful for Jeff's mother Mary for making it happen and sharing it with us all. I think the album really shows Jeff's talents. I love acoustic albums so much, they're so fun to listen to.

I bring good news!

Photographer Merri Cyr (who photographed Jeff throughout most of his career) is releasing a new book titled '25 YEARS OF "GRACE": AN ANNIVERSARY TRIBUTE TO JEFF BUCKLEY'S CLASSIC ALBUM'.

Basically I assume it's about the entire Grace album with new interviews, info and unreleased photos she found in her archives.

It is set to release in 2019 :eek: but may come earlier. Unfortunately the website the book is being sold on doesn't ship to the UK so I also assume it won't ship worldwide however this may change. It is available in the US though and you can pre order it right now on the link below

https://www.backwingstore.com/products/25-years-of-grace-an-anniversary-tribute-to-jeff-buckleys-classic-album

25yearsofgracecover.jpg?w=285&h=285

Another new book called His Own Voice is set to be released! It contains his never-before-seen handwritten journals, as well as letters, notes and lyric sheets, and unseen photos. It's been compiled and edited by Jeff's mother and David Browne, who wrote Dream Brother, and there will also be an audiobook. Sadly it's not set to be released until spring 2019 though :(  

More here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jeff-buckleys-handwritten-journals-to-feature-in-new-book-w473697

Another new book called His Own Voice is set to be released! It contains his never-before-seen handwritten journals, as well as letters, notes and lyric sheets, and unseen photos. It's been compiled and edited by Jeff's mother and David Browne, who wrote Dream Brother, and there will also be an audiobook. Sadly it's not set to be released until spring 2019 though :(  

More here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jeff-buckleys-handwritten-journals-to-feature-in-new-book-w473697

Omg no way! I'm so excited for this. I think most stuff is being released in 2019 because it will be 25 years since Grace. I'm lowkey hoping or a new documentary. :flutter:

Omg no way! I'm so excited for this. I think most stuff is being released in 2019 because it will be 25 years since Grace. I'm lowkey hoping or a new documentary. :flutter:

Yeah that would be cool too. I don't know though, although this book/audiobook seems interesting I think it's a little bit weird they're releasing personal stuff like his outgoing voicemail messages... going too far? I'll buy it anyway though 

Yeah that would be cool too. I don't know though, although this book/audiobook seems interesting I think it's a little bit weird they're releasing personal stuff like his outgoing voicemail messages... going too far? I'll buy it anyway though

Yeah I can understand how that would be pretty invasive.. But then again, compared to most artists today, we have pretty little of Jeff. There's not many interviews of him so it would be nice to get to know Jeff a little better again, he was so wonderful. I wish the whole world knew it :xcry: