Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'll be honest, the themes of this era (retro futuristic, twilight zone, witchy, space) got me really excited for what was to come). 

but now nothing has come and im upset. what a wasted opportunity. i hope that changes soon but it still feels deflated as an era. Lana has a lot of potential that she's just not using right now

I'll be honest, the themes of this era (retro futuristic, twilight zone, witchy, space) got me really excited for what was to come). 

but now nothing has come and im upset. what a wasted opportunity. i hope that changes soon but it still feels deflated as an era. Lana has a lot of potential that she's just not using right now

yeah, like girl wyd 

Okay so apparently it may be a 20 song album? It's hard to imagine, but maybe she might do what Green Day did and release 3 albums at the same time? (Yeah yeah, far fetched, I know). But maybe just two? That would explain the messy aesthetics.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Okay so apparently it may be a 20 song album? It's hard to imagine, but maybe she might do what Green Day did and release 3 albums at the same time? (Yeah yeah, far fetched, I know). But maybe just two? That would explain the messy aesthetics.

space, witch, and space witch?

moon, hollywood sign, happy? 

:rollin:

Imagine how boring it would be for new fans to sit through 20 songs though. If it really is that long, I hope some are bonus tracks.

Or maybe a double album would be cool, but I don't see that happening.

space, witch, and space witch?

moon, hollywood sign, happy? 

:rollin:

#confused lol

I mean, there was a space theme, then a witch theme. So maybe it could be like Lust For Life Part I and Lust For Life Part 2?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i miss the uv prerelease era..

I don't.

I didn't like the music. I still remember it like yesterday.

I was on the bus when the song (West Coast) premiered on Radio 1. Missed by a bit so I decided to read peoples reactions online and how they love the song. I was so pumped, grabbed my headphones with the quickness after it was posted on YouTube and listen to it.

I was shook in a bad way. I didn't understand a single word she was singing (muffled production).. its rockfish and I hated rock music (at the time)... I was tearing up because I knew she was going to BOMB.

And it wasn't just that. I felt a spiritual detachment from her. It was so weird.

#confused lol

I mean, there was a space theme, then a witch theme. So maybe it could be like Lust For Life Part I and Lust For Life Part 2?

I actually just created a separate thread for this discussion 

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/8780-lust-for-life-backstory-discussion/

What is this era describing for her?  Maybe she's an alien witch from the moon who moved down to earth? So part 1 is her life in space and part 2 is her life on earth. hm   :smokes:

I actually just created a separate thread for this discussion

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/8780-lust-for-life-backstory-discussion/

What is this era describing for her? Maybe she's an alien witch from the moon who moved down to earth? So part 1 is her life in space and part 2 is her life on earth. hm :smokes:

Lana's already started sometime she has a visual or sound attraction to things without necesarily having a story behing it. She was asked if there was a special reason why she fillmed the Summertime Sadness video in old film, and she just said it was visually appealing. Maybe she's just visually appealed to the Space aethetic. Or it might lowkey just symbolize getting away- space is away. The witch theme? She might actually practice witchcraft sometimes like the Trump thing, so maybe it's just a fun exaggerated version.

I had all sorts of metldowns pre and during the UV era.

Got banned on this site and another site.

It was like I don't know who she is anymore.

I had a huge meltdown when the snippets leaked and hated every single one of them. They were repetitve and completely TUNELESS compared to BTD.

Had another metldown when the video for West Coast premiered. It was terrible her worst video at that time.

And the cover....it leaked... I couldn't believe it. It was TRAGIC.

Little did I know she topped her tragicness with HM.

Looking back, UV wasn't so bad. It was just so subpar compared to the BTD era.

UV was a mess and the meltdowns when wc was released, then we got the snippets and everyone was so confused why there was no real beat in 80% of the songs

i76mrxw.png 

UV was a mess and the meltdowns when wc was released, then we got the snippets and everyone was so confused why there was no real beat in 80% of the songs

Oh my god yes.

I was so shooken by it.

She lost half her stans base no tea no shade.

I actually hated UV when I came out and didn't listen to it for months lmao. Now I can appreciate it and I love most of it but at that time I felt like she had lost it.

Anyways this era is even more boring than (pre)HM because we don't have anything to look forward to, no real information, just a few collabs announced but it's been two months since Love and Lana Banana hasn't spoken a word. At least the music is good

giphy.gif

if the album really has 20 tracks we know how lazy lana is so she will have 10 on this album and save 10 for the next album :defeated:

She could have 60 tracks on this album, and she'd still only sing 2 live in 5 years