Matt

Movie Discussion Thread

I want to start a Tintin appreciation thread (books) but I'd be the only one in it. :(

WHAT?!?!?!?!? I'M NOT ALONE ANYMORE!!!! :3

I haven't looked at my copies in forever, but they were my childhood.

Guest Maru the Cat

@Maru I don't know who that guy is but I'm stanning for him harder than I ever will for Lana right now.

@ 2:53, his acting when he does the line "I can't tell one from another" is perfect. :3 This is a flawless movie.

I even excuse this part, even though it would horrify me in any other movie:

tumblr_m10gpe676S1qzdtyso1_500.gif

WHAT?!?!?!?!? I'M NOT ALONE ANYMORE!!!! :3

I haven't looked at my copies in forever, but they were my childhood.

OMG. I HAVE A TINTIN SHIRT AND I'M SO LAME AND I WORE IT WHEN I SAW THE MOVIE AND I SAW THE MOVIE ON THE OPENING DAY AND THERE'S A REASON WE'RE BESTIES :legend: :flutter:

YOUR SIG. I LOVE YOU. I WAS INTENDING TO ROCK A PATRICK BATEMAN SET BUT YOU BEAT ME TO IT :defeated:

Oh. Sorry.

I know I'm a fucking ugly bitch and you probably want to stab me to death and play around with my blood right now, but I suppose Patrick Bateman love can never be enough.

Guest Maru the Cat

Oh. Sorry.

I know I'm a fucking ugly bitch and you probably want to stab me to death and play around with my blood right now, but I suppose Patrick Bateman love can never be enough.

Do you mind if I have a "Feed me a stray cat" set? I don't want to step on any toes! :3

Do you mind if I have a "Feed me a stray cat" set? I don't want to step on any toes! :3

YES! I DO MIND! NOBODY CAN PUT REFERENCES TO AMERICAN PSYCHO. JUST ME!!!!!

Joking.

I don't mind. In fact, it would be really nice if you did it, because that scene is glorious. :D

Guest Maru the Cat

YES! I DO MIND! NOBODY CAN PUT REFERENCES TO AMERICAN PSYCHO. JUST ME!!!!!

Joking.

I don't mind. In fact, it would be really nice if you did it, because that scene is glorious. :D

Done! Thank you! :)

I feel like the only person that really liked that movie. Nicole was soo good in it. BTW, is that Paperboy film with her out yet?

Yeah, I think so! It didn't hit a lot of theaters iirc and I think I saw that it was available to watch online on one of those websites..it kind of got shitty reviews so idk if I'll bother tbh

What is everyone watching this week? I'm going to try to watch All About Eve, The Maltese Falcon, Diner, and maybe something else if I can. I need to finish Rebel Without a Cause and Badlands even though I didn't like them much.. I hate not finishing things lol

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Guest Maru the Cat

I fucking love Olivia de Havilland. That's all I have to contribute to this thread.

*skips out of thread*

I fucking love Olivia de Havilland. That's all I have to contribute to this thread.

*skips out of thread*

Have you ever seen Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte? Bette stars w/ Olivia and it's great.

EDIT: Not relevant but Lauren & Liz look gorgeous on What's My Line?

tumblr_mde9hp6m7P1r7n8qco7_r1_400.giftumblr_mde9hp6m7P1r7n8qco4_r1_400.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

Have you ever seen Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte? Bette stars w/ Olivia and it's great.

No! I'll have to watch it; it has the Matt seal of approval and Bette Davis! :legend: I've seen To Each His Own (1946) and The Heiress (1949) and obviously, Gone With the Wind (1939)... so only three movies that I know of with her (perhaps more, but these ones for sure).

I always associate Gone With the Wind (the novel) with Prince and clodhoppers. The week I read the novel, I was jamming to my Prince CDs, eating clodhoppers, and sewing a pretty pink quilt. :3

...I HAVE TO GO LISTEN TO PRINCE NOW :defeated:

But to stay on topic, she's such a striking actress... I watch her movies and it astounds me that people take to ~Marilyn and Audrey~ when actors like Olivia exist. :flutter: I suppose different actors/delivery resonate with different people.

Guest Maru the Cat

EDIT: Not relevant but Lauren & Liz look gorgeous on What's My Line?

tumblr_mde9hp6m7P1r7n8qco7_r1_400.giftumblr_mde9hp6m7P1r7n8qco4_r1_400.gif

I fucking love What's My Line :defeated:

You would be flawless enough to post gifs from that show. :flutter: Lauren's guest appearance on that show is fantastic (she just oozes sex appeal :3) and Liz is just so great, love the voice she uses. I also really love Hugh Hefner's. :teehee: