True Romance

Rex Orange County

surprised there's no thread (or i just couldn't find one)

rex-orange-county-2.jpg

Alex O'Connor (born May 4, 1998), better known by his stage name Rex Orange County, is an English singer-songwriter.

O'Connor grew up in Haslemere, a suburb in the southern county of Surrey. At 16, O’Connor was accepted to London’s renowned music college The BRIT School, where he began writing music.

About his stage name he said:

My last name is O’Connor and therefore my initials are OC and I had a teacher that would called me ‘The OC’… for some reason at the time, having a kind of random association with ‘The OC’ was kinda funny to me! Rex is just a name I liked….

Hyped by Tyler, The Creator and scouted by BADBADNOTGOOD for a collaboration, Rex’s songs are “sarcastic, wit-fledged and full of charming rough edges.”

His genre is a fluctuating hybrid maundering between contemporary jazz, r&b and electronic. His wide influences include Thundercat, King Krule, KAYTRANADA and Toro y Moi. He claims “if i could do anything close to [Frank Ocean] musically, then that’s it.”

bumping this thread to say I saw Rex live last night for the second time (Pony tour first) and both times he has sounded absolutely incredible and just like the songs its actually kinda crazy I was like "is this just the backtrack???" multiple times then was proven wrong wendybop.gif which is great he kept the vibe up but I have to say... his outfit is fucking atrocious default_tanisha.gif FR_xIscXwAEgh0k?format=jpg&name=medium

WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. THIS. :whoopi: as a pop gay I was fucking appalled the way any female musician wouldn't be caught DEAD wearing shit like this I DO NOT CARE if its summer in Florida like I wore brown pants and a black tee and was better dressed than him shits embarrassing how is he not embarrassed 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

All Sexual Assault Charges Against Rex Orange County Dropped

All six charges of sexual assault against British singer Rex Orange County have been dismissed after an investigation by the Crown Prosecution Service.

In October, the artist — real name: Alexander O’Connor — was accused of assaulting a woman six separate times in London over two days last June. After pleading not guilty to all six charges, O’Connor was released on unconditional bail. A provisional trial date had been set in court for Jan. 3, but the findings of the investigation revealed “that there is no merit in this case going to trial,” the singer said in a statement, noting that the only evidence against him was the accuser’s account, which was contradicted by video footage and the testimony of another person present.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/rex-orange-county-sexual-assault-charges-dropped-1235468195/#article-comments

The other person present is (was?) the boyfriend of the woman who accused Rex. 

8 hours ago, TRENCH said:

All Sexual Assault Charges Against Rex Orange County Dropped

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/rex-orange-county-sexual-assault-charges-dropped-1235468195/#article-comments

The other person present is (was?) the boyfriend of the woman who accused Rex. 

:diva: