Mileena

Crystal Castles

OMG THERE'S CRYSTAL CASTLES FANS.

and yeah, a guy died at celestica and his body got like melted in to the palstic. i find it awesome lol but i'm weird.

ednafrau are you going to a concert!? i'm going on the 24th november :3

4r9w86.jpg

299347_10152134815415335_1329556845_n.jpg

CRYSTAL CASTLES (III) 5. NOVEMBER

------------------------

New single ‘Wrath of God’ will get its first worldwide exclusive play on Zane Lowe’s Radio 1 show this evening Wednesday 26th September. It will be available to stream on the band’s Soundcloud from 8pm GMT.

last.fm  

I'm not a massive fan or anything but I do really love them. My favourite CC song is Plague - it's just flawless. So atmospheric and intense... I love it so much. I wanted to go to their upcoming tour but I don't have anyone to go with, sigh. I can't wait for the new album, but I don't really know anything about it... have we got much information about it yet?

20r46kx.jpg

I'm not a massive fan or anything but I do really love them. My favourite CC song is Plague - it's just flawless. So atmospheric and intense... I love it so much. I wanted to go to their upcoming tour but I don't have anyone to go with, sigh. I can't wait for the new album, but I don't really know anything about it... have we got much information about it yet?

All I know is what I posted, haha.

Look at what I just found on tumblr!

It’s a picture taken by Spanish photographer Samuel Arnada which features a woman named Fatima al-Qaws holding her son, Zayed, who suffered from tear gas duing a street demonstration in Yemon in 2011.

last.fm  

Mhm. Ugh I'm really hyped for Wrath of God. If it isn't released as a single, I wouldn't mind if it leaked just about now.

And these are appearently confirmed tracks from III.

Plague

Wrath of God

Sad Eyes

Never Been Touched

Child, I will Hurt You

last.fm  

CC, for now there's no crystal castles concerts in sight for me...i hope their new tour brings them down to argentina again!

deathray, thanks for sharing "wrath of god", i love it!!

some info direct from alice and ethan that i read on pitchfork.com:

"Oppression is a theme, in general… A lot of bad things have happened to people close to me since
and it's profoundly influenced my writing as I've realized there will never be justice for them," Alice Glass said in a statement. "I didn't think I could lose faith in humanity any more than I already had, but after witnessing some things, it feels like the world is a dystopia where victims don't get justice and corruption prevails. I'm one step away from being a vigilante to protect people and bring justice to the people I love. I've thought about it."

"We wanted the new album to sound like a completely different and new experience," said Ethan Kath in a statement. "Any keyboards and pedals used on
or II were traded for different keyboards and pedals so that there would be a new palette of sounds to work with. We wouldn't allow any computers near the studio, everything had to be recorded to tape. We'd limit ourselves to one take because we believe the first take is the rawest exp
ression of an idea."

alice is right, and it's a chilling realization. i can't wait to see to how the music on (III) will reflect that, sonically.

CC, for now there's no crystal castles concerts in sight for me...i hope their new tour brings them down to argentina again!

deathray, thanks for sharing "wrath of god", i love it!!

some info direct from alice and ethan that i read on pitchfork.com:

"Oppression is a theme, in general… A lot of bad things have happened to people close to me since
and it's profoundly influenced my writing as I've realized there will never be justice for them," Alice Glass said in a statement. "I didn't think I could lose faith in humanity any more than I already had, but after witnessing some things, it feels like the world is a dystopia where victims don't get justice and corruption prevails. I'm one step away from being a vigilante to protect people and bring justice to the people I love. I've thought about it."

"We wanted the new album to sound like a completely different and new experience," said Ethan Kath in a statement. "Any keyboards and pedals used on
or II were traded for different keyboards and pedals so that there would be a new palette of sounds to work with. We wouldn't allow any computers near the studio, everything had to be recorded to tape. We'd limit ourselves to one take because we believe the first take is the rawest exp
ression of an idea."

alice is right, and it's a chilling realization. i can't wait to see to how the music on (III) will reflect that, sonically.

this is why CC are my favourite band of all time. look at that integrity there! alice feels exactly the same as i do on the world, hell i thought i had gone mad. one take, that's just so cool. and it saves me having to find demos.

4r9w86.jpg

The songs on their albums are not my cup of tea, but "Wrath of God" is slaying me.

Can you guys recommend songs similar to this one ? Its so good, can't wait for the album.

The songs on their albums are not my cup of tea, but "Wrath of God" is slaying me.

Can you guys recommend songs similar to this one ? Its so good, can't wait for the album.

no cc songs are similar to each other, that's the thing, their dongs all sound different

4r9w86.jpg

i was about to post the track listing(:

i have a feeling that 'affection' will be a harsher song. because they often have a nice title and a harsh song (doe deer, love and caring, etc). i'm so excited, i got my mum to pre-order the album a couple weeks ago.

speaking of my mum, she keeps taking my cc albums :(

4r9w86.jpg