DUKE

Tori Amos

I got my Boys for Pele 2xvinyl (it's transparent, it's really weird) and a version of the CD from '96 without any remixes. Playing Caught a Lite Sneeze really loud is just about the most perfect thing in the world.

Sorry, but how out of place is this "Professional Widow" remix?  :biblio: I have the original version of the album, too.

Sorry, but how out of place is this "Professional Widow" remix?  :biblio: I have the original version of the album, too.

The bass line in the remix is cool for like 30 seconds, then it just get's really boring.  :facepalm: I can't belive they kicked In the Springtime of His Voodoo of the record for that one. 

last.fm  

The bass line in the remix is cool for like 30 seconds, then it just get's really boring.  :facepalm: I can't belive they kicked In the Springtime of His Voodoo of the record for that one. 

I know!  :toofunny: The remix was extremely popular at the time, but I don't know how they could come up with the idea of adding it to the album. 

I know!  :toofunny: The remix was extremely popular at the time, but I don't know how they could come up with the idea of adding it to the album. 

The worst part is that they don't sell the original album anywhere, so you have to buy it from a second hand seller………

last.fm  

I received my A Piano collection today, it's the cardboard box-set, not the exclusive packaging with keys. It's unbelievably exciting to hear all the alternative mixes, unreleased demos and remixes, not to mention the remastered b-sides. The booklet is heavenly. There is so much heart and soul in this box-set and it gracefully outlines Tori's oeuvre. 

Recently I've been craving new music from her.  :defeated: It's about time that she releases another record with original material on it. Gold Dust was enjoyable, but since it's "simply" a rehash of orchestral songs it got boring very quickly, I think. As much as I hope that she's releasing a new album soon, I doubt it will happen before next year. The Light Princess is set to premier in autumn, I read, and God knows how long she's been working on that one. I wonder if she recorded some of these pieces herself... this might make for a standalone release, wouldn't it?  :flutter: Maybe she's already been working on new songs, it would be a pleasant surprise

I received my A Piano collection today, it's the cardboard box-set, not the exclusive packaging with keys. It's unbelievably exciting to hear all the alternative mixes, unreleased demos and remixes, not to mention the remastered b-sides. The booklet is heavenly. There is so much heart and soul in this box-set and it gracefully outlines Tori's oeuvre.

Listend to Walk to Dublin (Sucker Reprise) yet?

last.fm  

Well, it's too pricey for me and I really just wanted to have the music. I paid 17€... :flutter:

Oh well then it was a lot cheaper!

In other news, I finished my Little Earthquakes-era collection! Now I have so many CDs I don't really need, wuhu!

last.fm  

In other news, I finished my Little Earthquakes-era collection! Now I have so many CDs I don't really need, wuhu!

:toofunny: I live a much calmer life since I retired form the collecting business. 

Summoning @10milestereo, @teethclick and... :creepna: @Rafael

Who's excited for the album next year?  :hdu:

I've had a recent love affair with "Bachelorette" and any version of "Bells for Her," basically. I also purchased The Original Bootlegs the other day and I just can't stop listening to it. :suicide:

I wish she'd play "Bells for Her" with a prepared piano again one day.  :crossed: