Pretend

Little Boots

I don't like Nocturnes. It feels like wasted time. She just scrapped a whole new opportunity to put out something bigger than what she did with her debut album.

But that's the whole point, her label basically made the first album for her. She's now making music she's happy and comfortable with and it's brilliant.

sigjs.jpg

But that's the whole point, her label basically made the first album for her. She's now making music she's happy and comfortable with and it's brilliant.

It's fascinating, because VV Brown recently said in an interview that Victoria & Kate Nash are her inspirations in 'finding her own way' in the music industry. I haven't listened to the album yet - don't worry, I will soon! - but even without the quality of the music, she's laudable for making herself into the artist she wants to be. Though 'Girl Talk' isn't a terrible album, it's really difficult for fans (or at least many of them) to get used to. 'Nocturnes' doesn't seem half so impenetrable, and I'm glad Little Boots didn't have to completely ditch her label. :P

I'm so torn about Nocturnes  :defeated:

1. It's a fantastic album and I love it to bits.

2. I prefer "Hands" because I love that kind of music too. I kinda feel bad about wanting "Nocturnes" to be more commercial because I want her to rise the charts.

:bop:

L4L-Sig1_zpsd1c0fc6e.png

after a controversial post in 2014 in which I said Nocturnes pushed her back into irrelevancy instead of forward, I'll still listen to her new record and hope it's not some drivel that plods along. I didn't care for her Business Pleasure EP

BzhmW.png

New song "Better in the Morning" out on Wednesday:

851LYAk.jpg

"Working Girl" album cover and tracks (not in order):

ok6tdUk.jpg

Better in the Morning

Album Intro

Album Interlude

Working Girl

Get Things Done

Paradise

Taste It