Guest Dot

Lana's obsession with the clolour blue...#LANALYSIS

I think this is good as its own thread so we can add to it, cause she is defintely gonna be singing more about blue. 

I think she has actually said Blue is her favourite colour right?

I'ma break this down a little more:

• In BTD blue seams to be in reference to colours more than symbolism- the american flag, a shirt, a pool, velvet, ink, just things she likes and thinks about
  • in UV it turns more towards symbolism, because she mentions dark blue as being down, pessimistic. Still, these are mostly in reference to her man being blue, so now she is really associating someone with that colour. But she still sings of blue as just a colour for flower and the ocean, so it still reminds me of born to die in that way.
  • In HM, blue is referenced more intensely. Dark blue, blue flames and talking till you turn blue is intensity in a relationship. Dive deep blue is like delving into that relationship. Yet she still uses blue to describe things like blues music, blue sky and blue ocean. But thats for the dreaminess that fits honeymoon.
  • Now in LFL blue is referenced as blue skies, blue the colour of the planet and into the blue which represents Freedom!   
  • So even though we couuld just say "Oh Lana just likes blue, dont overthink it", i think its clear that referencing blue has evolved through her music. Its not as plain as it seems.  

she says "we're ribbons in knots" in Music To Watch Boys To not blue ribbons on ice

I'm more for the theory that she changes the lyrics in live shows to "We're ribbons in knots" while the studio version is in fact, "Blue Ribbons on ice". This is a repeated lyric from "This is What Makes Us Girls", when she sings "Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice". Pabst Blue Ribbon is a popular beer adopted by the hipster set.

I think this is good as its own thread so we can add to it, cause she is defintely gonna be singing more about blue. 

I think she has actually said Blue is her favourite colour right?

I'ma break this down a little more:

• In BTD blue seams to be in reference to colours more than symbolism- the american flag, a shirt, a pool, velvet, ink, just things she likes and thinks about
  • in UV it turns more towards symbolism, because she mentions dark blue as being down, pessimistic. Still, these are mostly in reference to her man being blue, so now she is really associating someone with that colour. But she still sings of blue as just a colour for flower and the ocean, so it still reminds me of born to die in that way.
  • In HM, blue is referenced more intensely. Dark blue, blue flames and talking till you turn blue is intensity in a relationship. Dive deep blue is like delving into that relationship. Yet she still uses blue to describe things like blues music, blue sky and blue ocean. But thats for the dreaminess that fits honeymoon.
  • Now in LFL blue is referenced as blue skies, blue the colour of the planet and into the blue which represents Freedom!   
  • So even though we couuld just say "Oh Lana just likes blue, dont overthink it", i think its clear that referencing blue has evolved through her music. Its not as plain as it seems.  

This, all of this. Fantastic conclusions.

On a side note to all sadness, blue represents the sea and she as a Cancer is gaining power from both the colour and water that are both, naturally, so reccuring throughout her whole discography.

original.gif