KillForLove

Chromatics

Haha I love how they just skipped Dear Tommy for now and suprise-dropped a 7th album.

Chromatics aren't really very versatile when it comes to their overall sound and aesthetics, but "Closer To Grey" is still pretty nice to have.

"You're No Good", "Touch Red" and the title track are my favourite songs so far. "On The Wall" sounds a bit like a tribute to the Night Drive album.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Closer to Grey is a nice album to have.. I kind of understand why Johnny decided to skip Dear Tommy after all that time had passed. My favorite songs are Twist the Knife (classic chromatics) , You’re No Good , & On the Wall. :flutter:

Twist the Knife feels like this album’s successor to Kill for Love. It was supposed to be on Dear Tommy so I’m very happy they kept this one when moving on to a new album.

On the Wall is so effortless (before I knew it, nearly 9 minutes had passed!), such a throwback to Tick of the Clock in the best ways... Ruth’s vocals are my favorite in this song. It’s absolutely an album highlight. The guitar is so beautiful I’m just :poordat:

I’m so happy they’re back with a full project. :crai:

14417469274.gif

To be fair - the Dear Tommy songs we heard so far often had standout-quality.

Cherry, Shadow, Time Rider and I Can Never Be Myself are all among my favourite Chromatics-Tracks

Closer to Grey is a nice album to have.. I kind of understand why Johnny decided to skip Dear Tommy after all that time had passed. My favorite songs are Twist the Knife (classic chromatics) , You’re No Good , & On the Wall. :flutter:

Twist the Knife feels like this album’s successor to Kill for Love. It was supposed to be on Dear Tommy so I’m very happy they kept this one when moving on to a new album.

On the Wall is so effortless (before I knew it, nearly 9 minutes had passed!), such a throwback to Tick of the Clock in the best ways... Ruth’s vocals are my favorite in this song. It’s absolutely an album highlight. The guitar is so beautiful I’m just :poordat:

I’m so happy they’re back with a full project. :crai:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Hey so I was checking the very first tracklist they shared for Dear Tommy (2016) vs the one posted early last year (2020) and realized there are some tracks that either they changed their name or were replaced by other ones.

These are:

• 4 A.M.
  • Touch Blue (They released Touch Red in Closer to Grey, but idk if Touch Blue is completely a different track)
  • After Hours (maybe The Weeknd was inspired by this? I mean, Chromatics later on made a remix of one Abel's song lol)
  • In Silence

Besides these, Cherry and Shadow were released as part of deluxe edition of the Cherry EP, I Can Never Be Myself When You're Around was released in the Just Like You EP, Camera was released as an EP, and In Films was posted some years ago.

Hopefully those 4 tracks see the light after we finally get Dear Tommy!